Damage cap on weapons

Ok ive been farming the hellfire on m10 for a day the best damage I can get is follows
1578x2 damage
1978 damage
all anointed
that being said will the damage only go so high,just don’t wanna waste time farming if I cant get better weapon.
ty fightercat

lets hope for some general buff waves for all “useless” weapons right now

Sounds like something’s off, I’ve got an M8 that does 4000 damage, and some others that run around 3600 all are x2.

They buffed the Hellfire pre 2.0, it’s definitely not useless.

Unfortunately, with no Mayhem level indication on the weapon card, it is very difficult to know. In Mayhem 10, a weapon can drop as anything from Mayhem 0 to 10. We know that some weapons aren’t performing well in Mayhem 10, but do we know if it’s even a level 10 weapon being used?

I’ve avoided grinding for low drop rate specific legendaries for this very reason. If I finally get one but find it not as good as before, is it because it doesn’t match the Mayhem level I’m playing? Or is it as good as it’s ever going to be? Until GBX shows us the level, I’m going to wait until there are enough of them in the collective community such that data can be shared.

ok I did m8 farming hellfire nothing better than 1400 damage
soo
does it matter what character your playing to get better damage.say zane would get a better damage weapon than moze?
I see the hot fix is happening today.it may help solve some issues.
ty fightercat

agree with previous post.i think you are right.