Deande Discussion

So it seems that the unannounced Battleborn hero i found was Deande. IGN got the first preview.

Weapon: Tessurim War Fans
Deande’s primary melee combo (RT) strings a series of rapid melee strikes, while her secondary attack (LT) hurls her fans at foes for ranged damage.

Passive: The Element of Surprise
For 3 seconds after uncloaking, all of Deande’s skills and attacks deal 25% additional damage.

Skill 1: Holotwin
Cloaks Deande and deploys a decoy (20% health, 25% damage) to fight in her stead for 8 seconds. Upon death or expiry the decoy explodes for 20% damage.

Skill 2: Burst Dash
Deande charges forward, dealing 200 damage and pushing back enemies. Hit enemies are weakened, lowering their attack damage by 30%.

Ultimate: Blink Storm
Upon activation, Deande unleashes a flurry of 10 strikes directly ahead of her, stunning enemies and dealing 50 damage per hit.

Created a profile page on my website that includes her helix

She look interesting to play, she also reminds me of Zero (she even has an skill backstab)

5 Likes

Here’s a gameplay & analysis video my friend made.

She looks awesome, tons of fun, I may put Rath back a bit depending how I like her in practice. All my favorites seem to come from jennerit, and I’m okay with this.

I love the kit and I feel like this will really shake things up. It’ll be great to punish the less mobile characters.

1 Like

If the “Montana’s” save up their ultimate to push back the in your face attackers (OP:Phoebe) the Holotwin of Deande can be a real pain in the ass.

In the video you also see Benedict trying to fly away but he still gets things thrown against his head. I think Deande is a character that keeps your opponents on their toes, always on the lookout if they are not getting fooled or ambushed.

1 Like

I think she may honestly be on the broken side in experienced hands. If u can still stun someone by knockback into an object, then a cloak -> burst dash
combo thats strategically played out will be all but uncounterable.
I do like how she has very low shields and relatively low health, it forces her into a surprise role. Moreso then the other assassins, and her “burst” output may rival or surpass orendi. ( :frowning: )

Just from that gameplay alone I’m inclined to think that she’s a better Orendi. She’s a hella fast glass-cannon assassin with a solid escape plan. Only difference is range I guess.

I like Orendi but Deande seems to outclass her xD

She looks freakin’ amazing, immediately got the fighting-games vibe from her :smiley:

I hop just that She will be a the annoying hero that will stun and decoy

Anyone else get a Yamato vibe from her?

Highlight Trailer of Deande’s Abilities

1 Like

Nice job. Howd u get the ign raw video? Or was it an algo, to strip commentary?

2k kinda likes my work, so that has resulted in some perks :wink:
the pr manager here in the holland said that i was the only one who got this footage here in the benelux.
so more content for the community :smiley:

3 Likes

Can we get a shoutout to you in the final game? You definitely deserve it :slight_smile:

1 Like

so marquis and his owl were cute and cool(okay, toby too), and miko looks magickal a support, but deande is the first hero ive watched and gone, “…badass.” she mae have a case of the phoebe, seems a little op, but even with a nerfing her skills and helix are so sweet…

new introduction trailer

2 Likes

campaign hype!!!

The voice sounds familiar. She sounds a bit like Captain Scarlett to me. Does anyone know who the voice actress is yet?

She does sound a lot like Captain Scarlett, but honestly, I couldn’t care less about how she sounds or what her dialog is. She needs a major buff. For a single target assassin she is outclassed by most, if not every melee character. On Monday I stealthed up to an Oscar Mike who felt like taunting just as I began to attack. I got a full 3 seconds of free damage on him and he got away. Not stealthing away, just ran away. And no I’m not a bad player. I think I’m quite good, and while my fan throwing could use some practice there is no way a character like Deande shouldn’t be able to get that kill easily. I’d like to see better lifesteal from her melee, a lot more melee damge (like +30% to start) a little extra damage (+~7%) to enemies backs as a passive, and allow her to move faster than freaking Galilea. Yup, arguably the most OP character in the game is faster than Deande. Why? These changes would give Deande a shot at cracking the meta, which I desperately want. She is my favorite character, but I want to feel like I’m helping my team by choosing her instead of being carried.

Yes,Deande is voiced by Jennifer Green who also did the voice for Angel in Borderlands.

1 Like