Dear Gearbox, We are not your Beta Testers

Sincerely, The Community and Borderlands Fanbase.

82 Likes

Could not agree more with that statement.

22 Likes

Agreed. It literally took me a few minutes to fire up the game today and spot more than 10 problems that should have been fixed.

I could open yet again tickets to all the old and new issues but I really think someone should get paid to do that. Since I’m not, I’m done doing it.

They are not listening anyways.

18 Likes

As long as people keep paying to be beta testers that’s what we will be.

24 Likes

I can’t believe how good the first few months of this game were. Not saying they were perfect, but they were so much fun. And then the quantity of content started to come with less and less quality each time, leaving problems unsolved while more faulty content was being added in.

To me in particular, and I’ve said this so many times, Mayhem 2.0 completely broke the game. It was released unfinished, it still affects negatively several branches of the game, and most of all, we don’t need it. People asked for more difficult content and Gearbox provided the most overcomplicated system they could come up with, that now they can’t get rid of to save the game.

The new content, to me and based on what I read around here, it’s a hard pass. Next gen consoles and their content are around the corner and Borderlands 3 is just not good any more to overlook that.

21 Likes

Gearbox disagrees with your assessment of our role in their game.

14 Likes

lol you I like you

2 Likes

Why thank you, sir or madam!

2 Likes

HOW DARE YOU I AM A SIR AND THIS IS FAKE OUTRAGE!!! have a great day lol :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m happy to be a Beta tester if I was paid, otherwise I’ll take Epsilon thank you.

There’s so much to hate about Arms Race. If I played this as a Demo, I never would’ve bought the DLC.
Someone at Gear Box thought this was a great idea?!

GearBox Dev 1: “Hey guys, what if we had a sold a
cheap Fortnite knockoff, where every vault Hunter is exactly the same, they can’t use the skills and loot they’ve been building and collecting and they have to start with the white base weapons they hate.

GearBox Dev 2: “I’m liking this go on.”

GearBox Dev 1: “But that’s not the best part. We have have exclusive loot and skill trees for the Fortnite knock off- that they can’t use in the game!!

Plus, they have to use this crappy system called the “Extractor” with a cap on it so they can’t get a lot of loot. And we’ll have this random storm roll around that will make it even harder to keep their loot plus enjoy the game.

GearBox Dev 2: “Brilliant! Let’s do it!”

SMH.

17 Likes

The Emperor Ming : Klytus, I’m bored. What plaything can you offer me today?

Klytus : An obscure body in the S-K System, Your Majesty. The inhabitants refer to it as the RPG FPS… “Borderlands Three”.

The Emperor Ming : How peaceful it looks.

[He activates a console, and watches as bugs, nerfs, over-hyped expectations, etc. start to occur. They both get a good laugh out of it]

Klytus : Most effective, Your Majesty! Will you destroy this, er, Borderlands Three?

The Emperor Ming : Later. I like to play with things a while… before annihilation.

[laughs evilly]

2 Likes

Dr. Hans Zarkov : We are only interested in gaming. Why do you attack us?

The Emperor Ming : Why not? Pathetic gamers. Hurling your time and money out into the void, without the slightest inkling of who or what is out here. If you had known anything about the true nature of the modern AAA game development lifecycle and marketing strategy, anything at all, you would’ve hidden from it in terror.

1 Like

The Emperor Ming : Every thousand years, I test each game franchise in the Universe. I visit it with confusing development decisions, disruptive hotfixes and patches, unpredicted meta changes, strange unused map sections and code in the wilderness… If these are taken as natural, I judge that game franchise ignorant and harmless - I spare it. But if the Hand of Ming is recognized in these events, I judge that franchise dangerous to us. I call upon the great god Dyzan, and for his greater glory…

[leans forward, smiling]

The Emperor Ming : … and for our mutual pleasure…

[leans back again]

The Emperor Ming : … I destroy it utterly.

Doctor Hans Zarkov : You’re saying… it’s my fault the Borderlands franchise is being destroyed?

The Emperor Ming : [grinning] Precisely… Doctor!

1 Like

Couldn’t agree more. Sad part is in this age of “games as a service” it’s now the norm to rush out a title and then patch it to death for years on end afterward. We all suffer for it. The game companies have their $$ so they can laugh all the way to the proverbial bank. There’s really no reason for “crunch” in game dev anymore because of the way the games are released and then handled afterward. We’re on to your ways AAA game companies, so just stop it…you’re part of this mess GB…

11 Likes

Agreed. As long as there are enough suckers around, why change? If you are unhappy with season pass 2, you have nobody to blame but yourself, especially if you bought season pass 1.

8 Likes

Gearbox: You guys are right! You are not beta testers. You are ALPHA TESTERS.

:slightly_smiling_face:

14 Likes

I don’t think anybody here has ever beta or alpha tested a game.

But hey, so long as you folks can call other players “suckers”, whatever makes you happy I guess :wink:

4 Likes

Couldn’t agree more and it gets even worse.

An alarming trend I have observed the last few games I bought is that the game is almost completely downloaded online under the disguise of a patch. The disc is basically only there to install a few MB big “unlock” and then you have to download a patch that is anything from 10-60GB big. This also further encourages just “releasing” a broken game on the market because the game can be printed even though the developers basically have 1-2 extra months to finish the “real” product, imho.

@Thelandhar Before I forget it again, I wanted to say I absolutely love your profile pic. Always makes me smile because I have the physical version in my room and I totally love the tiny
Crawmerax, Moxxi, Knoxx etc. So thank you I guess? :blush:

11 Likes

Can we get paid to be testers? I could use a lil side hustle

1 Like