Dear Gearbox, you are doing it wrong!

you are doing it wrong here gearbox… I and many others already warned you about this happening…

it does not matter what was intended and what wasn’t. if it is BROKEN as in not functioning the way it should, then yes it needs fixing like the pipe bomb.

with moze, we as a playerbase just found an interaction to utilize the tools you gave us in a 100% correctly functioning way…

and THIS is what borderlands is about, finding the best ways to play the game with the tools you gave us…

I was among the first people to find this interaction… I was searching for a way to find grenades that explodes so much that I can spam it… I startet with all the mirving and recuring purple grenades during leveling to find it… because I WANTED A grenade spam build… I wanted to be doppelganger agian… and belive me when I found my first mirv hex… oh baby! this was on maybe day 2… I was SO happy… this was MY baby! I made this by myself… no internet, no clues… I DID this… this IS MY BUILD, MY HEART… I improved it all on my own… it was me who figured this out… yes many others too… but this, in my tiny little world, is my finding without help… and you want to take it away from me…

the funny thing is, this wont even do a whole lot to the moze build… you will barely feel the diffrence for pure grenade spam…
the problem is that it FEELS wrong… you are HURTING our feelings and love for the characters and builds… THIS is the problem here.

NERFING is WRONG… highly highly wrong… this is a non competitive PvE game, and you know this, dont act like you are a live service game… you dont need to tone everything down untill it is all a grey puddle… not saying you do, but last time I was more optimistic that you wont… now you do it again… and this is becoming concerning…

the most frustrating part about this is that you are nerfing stuff that WE found to be strong and fun, while NOT providing ANY NEEDED BUFFS to places that really need it! instead of taking away… GIVE us other better options to use!

• make iron bear viable, make every gun on it viable and have a place, dont give is 3 whole skills for duration… increase the base duration and give us actually damage scaling! buff its late game by 300% damage at base and some even more! this thing is COMPLETLY UNUSED BY EVERYONE!
  • make pets scale WAY better! give them smarter AI make them faster, make them hit harder!
    you give us a whole tree for the pet, yet it deals NO damage… with 4-5 dedicated skillpoints just to increase the damage…
  • increase Zane’s viability further! change the clone AI to better use weapons! buff the drone, buff the clone, buff the raw numbers on the skills
  • give amara a convinient way to switch element…

you still have so many weakpoints in your classes that are SUPPOSE to be fun,
but yet instead of exploring this teratory of making unviable fun stuff actually fun and viable and rewarding to spec into, you just ruining the fun we have? really gearbox? is this you?
is this the “salvador is okay” gearbox we love? I am getting worried…

14 Likes

bro, moze is literally the same ^^ it feels exactly the same as before, even better with Hollow Point active now.

it does not matter what was intended and what wasn’t. if it is BROKEN as in not functioning the way it should, then yes it needs fixing like the pipe bomb.

did u play urself there?

P.S.:
How is your fun ruined if this build is literally the same now? Moze is the same, FL4K is still powerful with Lucians/Rowans, adjustment was needed for Shotguns btw.?

Yes, buffs are needed and I’m starting to wonder why they won’t push them out, though I’m sure there is a reason, they know what Borderlands is, don’t u worry ^^

100% immunity.Be realistic when you make threads like these.TL;DR the rest after this.

@Rockeka

no, intended and broken are two diffrent things… broken obviously is not intended either… but if you give me 1000 buck and tell me to buy you a car, and I buy ME a car, that this is not broken, I am just using what you give me…

the interaction between means of destruction and a hex grenade functions exactly as it should according to its code and the information we get. it is not BROKEN… so for them to have not forseen this is not our fault… yet it is still functioning…

I never say my fun is ruined anywhere here…
I am not complaining about the specific nerfs… I am compalining about the mentalility here… and that it sends SCARY signals for the future…

I really deeply dearly hope so…

@Prodigy excuse me, what?

They didn’t give you 100% functioning skills and its obvious.Since they fixed it.They gave you a skill that made you immortal.And they toned it down so that you have a chance to die.Thats the whole story.And its not that bad anyway.

Please use an existing thread on this topic.