Decrease Mouse Sensitivity

I’m playing on the computer (steam) but I use a wacom tablet besides a mouse.

The issue is that even in the lowest mouse sensitivity in the game (it being the value of 10) it still feels pretty fast, the camera moves too quickly.

Is there a way to edit a configuration file to put a value below 10? if so, where is such file?

You are going to have more luck finding an app that adjusts the DPI on your wacom instead, as you will have a wider range of adjustments.

This is the a point of reference for what I am suggesting. https://youtu.be/N-hsqjzxchg

Knowing your model Wacom & how you are using it would make sourcing an appropriate response/ suggestion easier.

1 Like

It’s a Wacom Intuos Pro Large, I do have the driver which has many settings to control the sensitivity, but it just isn’t enough.

This is pretty much the only game where the camera moves a bit too fast for me.

Are you saying there is no way to edit a config file to place a value below 10?

Possibly, as there are known tweaks for Borderlands 1 for FOV and keyboard mapping that might also work for moue sensitivity in BL2, but I doubt the difference from 0-10 will be as significant as any changes that should be possible on an actual peripheral. The higher the DPi or relative setting for the tablet, the better.
That you have no issues with other games is interesting.
I play with a gaming mouse with a 2500 DPI max setting and that’s what I have to play with it on in all BL games and lowest sensitivity in-game.

1 Like

Do you have mouse acceleration on? Seems to be the more common problems in these situations.

1 Like

Where’s that setting?

It’s at the control panel. Go to mouse settings and go to pointer options tab. Enhance pointer precision is basically mouse acceleration so uncheck that box. Took me a while to find that one because it had a misleading description! :anguished:

2 Likes

Moved to the correct section. The tip about the mouse settings looks good. I can’t find it right now, but the last time the topic came up (with a physical mouse though) the answer was to tweak the mouse settings as the game settings could not be adjusted sufficiently.

1 Like

The problem is such option doesn’t exist while in “Pen” mode (the way the tablet its supposed to be used), however it does exist while in “Mouse” mode, which is just a completely broken mode (only tablet users who have tried it would understand).

I went ahead and bought a mouse to play the game :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well, problem solved! Using a pen to play is a bit weird isn’t it? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Eh, no weirder than using a mouse when your muscle memory and hand-eye coordination is totally conditioned to a controller. (Or the other way round, for that matter!). Glad you got it working though - now you can draw circles around your enemies!

2 Likes

Lmao!

Yeah, it feels really weird, I got used to the pen :smile:

2 Likes

Yeah, glad you’re free to play. There may be third party drivers to customize settings for pen sensitivity akin to keyboard remapping apps which I played around with after buying one of those game pads (mini keyboard for gaming) that had a counter-intuitive layout.

Maybe one of the ergonomic upright mice be a more natural transition?

1 Like