A turbo mansion!
Maybe it spawns 3 minions who each use one of your guns. If you swap guns they swap as well. This has lots of potential upgrades through the skill tree.
Which also became incredibly boring because it took a full minute to cast. hahaha. unskippable!
Yeah- but just getting the spell was half the fun…
If any of the current or previous VH make an appearance in BL3, I’d hope that they have an upgraded skill tree at least- or in the case of Gaige and Axton, upgraded DT and turrets respectively. For Gaige and DT, I’d like to see a Heavy Duty DT skill tree, where he can be outfitted with short/medium/long range weaponry to deal with airborne enemies, machine gun pods for melee and short range foes, homing grenade pods for enemies that seek cover and the capstone ability to either lay a minefield while he flies about or to explode for a percentage of damage equal to (or multiplied by) your Anarchy stacks if Gaige goes into FFL…
Compiling/narrowing my list:
- more cutscenes, and with character dialogue:
- all characters have a skill to apply a damage-enhancing status (=cryo, slag, etc.), and can alter the damage inflicted by their AS in a manner similar to B1.
- TPS-type skill trees; also (and potentially), enough points to bottom out each tree but not max out every skill.
- character skills are better explained than simply listed as “Rank [x] damage”.
- all characters would have skill trees individually dedicated to their Action Skill, weapon+elemental specialties, and unique playstyle. Like Gaige (Deathtrap, elemental, Anarchy) – “Close Enough” (IMO) was in the wrong tree, as was “Annoyed Android”.
- certain (=multiple) character Action Skills can be cancelled.
- all characters have the ability to command-cancel their Action Skill.
if the Grinder is kept, perhaps a few improvements: Desires For Borderlands 3
possibly enlarge status icons (like kill skills) a bit and put them at the top of the screen; makes it easier to see in couch co-op, and less of a distraction than looking at the bottom of the screen.
NPCs aren’t likely/able to kill everything in the area and leave a dying VH hanging: Things the AI has done to piss you off
temporary damage reduction upon respawning:
- sort the sessions list in the manner of “B:TPS”:
- main story progression, with title of the current story/sidequest mission
- player(s) in session)
- connection status (at time of the list’s generation)
- ADDITIONAL: to prevent accidental level-spiking, the matchmaking list can be sorted by the host’s level, and the host can implement a ‘level bubble’ to prevent anyone too high/low-leveled from joining.
- ADDITIONAL: a “Resident Evil 6”-like tag system to specify the host’s intention(s) for the session; this was also (and first) suggested by Gothalion:
- at least one ammo-regenerating weapon of each type
- MIRV/Proximity Mine as grenade prefix, and Rain as grenade type.
- double-mod available for SMGs (=the Anarchy SMGs from B1).
- loot scales exactly to the highest level in the session, rather than setting the highest level as a cap and allowing anything below.
- removal of ‘talking’ equipment with annoying/offensive content – the Bane and Boganella are respective examples of each.
- Homing grenades prioritizing enemies you are looking at before enemies that are off-screen.
- allowing combining/upgrading stats on a given relic in the style of Weapon Fusion used in"Orochi Warriors 3": http://koei.wikia.com/wiki/Weapon_Fusion
- B1-type vehicle customizations
- the option to customize your character like B1 or B2 – or potentially, a mix of both.
- a combination of the color customization system (B1) combined and the head customizations (B2).
- the option to replace boss battle music with music of your choice.
- skill boosts on class mods can be customized to suit the player: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/638785-borderlands-2/71510855
- return of the Scavenger missions from the first “Borderlands”, with the missions involving all pieces and accessories from every manufacturer, all accessories, and custom-fitting them together as you like. This would at least allow some semblance of Gunsmithing, allowing the player to construct purple-rarity weapons from each manufacturer. Additionally, create the same for grenades and shields.
- only host can obtain side missions; no restriction on Story missions.
- optional objectives are tiered before the final (mandatory) objective.
- optional conditional objectives are parenthesized: ~Assassinate Assassin Reeth with melee (optional)~
- if mission can be turned in to multiple people/places, the final objective is listed side-by-side instead of separately…: “Turn in to [A] OR [B]”
- …instead of:
STORAGE & INVENTORY:
- larger backpack and bank on the scale of B1.
- bank is (potentially) accessible from anywhere, akin to the original FF13’s shop system.
- type-tier sorting system (when swapping an active-slot item for one in inventory) with swap>equip system from B2.
- red-text items obtained by completing Story missions are not obtained from a physical source (i.e, loot chest); instead, each player present for the quest receives one directly to their inventory.
- to prevent having to load another character (or even log out) when you backpack’s full, an item storage save file is generated, and functions the same as marking items as favorite/trash in your inventory and hitting a button to sell your trash. All items will be sent to the save file for later access.
- trading of all forms of currency, or a pool for the game’s form(s) of unique currency – (Eridium bars, moonstones, etc.) – accessible by all character files in a player’s account.
- retain the ability to examine items in either inventory or the VM.
- favorite/trash marking system as of B2 to prevent accidentally selling all non-faved items in the VM.
- mechanical enemies can be upgraded; they can also be hacked.
- are less likely to spawn-camp; would be great if it was impossible, but this is a compromise that may yet swing.
What we want for Borderlands 3. A wishlist
Borderlands Series Ideas
What we want for Borderlands 3. A wishlist
Something came across my mind which I think would work well.
These are items you can only get once, unless you reset the whole damn world. Not cool. We want them in multi-elements and types and it’s just not viable to get them without spending a life time or cheat.
Now we have vendors for Torgue, Seraph, Weapons and Shields etc, why not have a ‘Mission Items’ vendor? Once you’ve unlocked an item it then becomes available to buy in different varieties just like the Seraph shops, and have them need special requirements (** see below). This would allow anyone to then go on and get the same mission item in what ever form they want - like a Shock Sandhawk or Slag Rubi etc.
This is turn would save people the hassle of having to trade (because I don’t want that in B3 anyway), or use ‘other’ means to acquire. i.e. CHEATING HACKING MODDING blah blah…
** So in order to get the Vendor items you would have to get special requirements. Many ways this could be done based on each item and how powerful or rare they should be classed. For example:
- A Sandhawk - A special drop from Hyperius (Gauranteed Drop) + Money and Eridium
- Rubi - A special drop from a GOD-liath + Money + Eridium
So I think in Borderlands 3 they could easily make it so certain enemy drop particular items you need to farm in order to get the requirements for other Mission Vendor items. Like Eridium or Moonstones or what ever other special currencies or item drops.
Just an idea. But I think it would be great. And I’d like to see the Loot System the same as B2, with ALL boss drops being farmable and chests actually giving GOOD stuff. TPS lost the plot.
Do you mean “aiming down scope”?
Or looking at the details of a weapon.
Aiming down scope should never go away. If you don’t like it. Don’t use it.
Can’t isolate a feature like that to one class.
I posted somewhere else already that I think instead of hacking alive enemies you should instead be able to raise them from the dead, necromancer style. It might be random selection from recently killed dudes. If you haven’t killed someone yet this session then it would select a random enemy from those that spawn on the map. A single point gamechanger skill later might enable you to pick something. And other gamechangers would let you res more at once.
Seems like it would be less glitchy. Maya’s Thoughlock was glitchy, for example. It could literally make jack in BL2 invincible if you tried to thoughtlock his shield drone.
And yeah, Krieg was an awesome class. But it would have been nice if you could have specced his action skill into… not melee, so that you could make a more gun focused Krieg.
I always play gun focused with a bloodlust mania K, works great for me.
Make it so all action skills can be ended prematurely to start cooldown, like Digi-Jacks. Also, make it so solo players pick up ALL ammo, make green loot disappear (did they change this, I swear it used to disappear after some time) and furthermore all loot should go away once you leave the map. I didn’t pick it up the first time, I’m probably not gonna want it the second.
Yea, but if you activate your action skill you’re in melee. What i’m suggesting is that if you spec a certain way, your action skill would boost/affect guns instead of melee. Or it would throw your buzzaxe out and it would hunt out guys for you while you use your gun.
Yes, action skill stopping is a great feature.
Re: loot removal - what if someone just wants to go back to concordia for a minute to increase their backpack size or grind and then come back to the loot drops they made? A shorter timer might be better.
Loader evolution. I am a big fan of enemy evolution like Varkids etc and always felt like Loaders was a bit of a missed opportunity. Basically, have a mechanic where if you have all the right loaders in the area, they have a chance to combine into a giant mega loader than transforms into a flying ship. Kind of like Saturn that can transform into Bunker. It should be a very small chance like Vermi and should have some really rare loot. The game play would be interesting since you would resist trying to kill constructors so that they could keep spawning Loaders.
Legendary weapons should level up or at least you should be able to level them up by sacrificing levelled gear. Kind of like the grinder in TPS but not as random. I dont like the concept of a grinder to RNG loot but I think its potentially a good device to craft existing loot like levelling or getting a different part.
Dialogue is so important to this game but it can get stale. Also, skins are basically meaningless to me. How about skins unlock some new dialogue so they are worth farming? Speaking of skins, the vehicle skins are truly meaningless…but it would be good if the skins unlock upgrades like speed, armour, etc.
Visual style. They can keep the visual style as it is but they need to have more detail and fluidness. I appreciate the art style but in order to keep the look compelling, they have to modernise it. Its too stiff looking right now. There should be alot of things moving around like hair and cloth ripples in the wind. Character animations need to
Finally, I just saw Fury Road the other day. One thing that is missing in TPS that we had in BL2 is that violent insanity like the guitar player on the truck full of amps playing while guys are flying around him on poles in the thunderous dust storm. I think there is a unique vision to understand that feel and get the right blend of cartoonishness and seriousness. I feel like the butt stomping, dancing claptrap feel in TPS lost the operatic drama.
@tlyons8sb8: Re. Aurelia’s origin – Hammerspace.
@jhunter922: Might not work out if the average player’s backpack is full and they want to step off to the VM, sell some things for space, then come back to pick up the rest.
@Matrixneo42: Definitely allow AS cancellation. If done with Maya’s Phaselock, I think it would’ve been reminiscent of Darth Vader doing a Force Grip>Crush.
[quote=“Less_than0, post:204, topic:73886”]
Visual style. They can keep the visual style as it is but they need to have more detail and fluidness. I appreciate the art style but in order to keep the look compelling, they have to modernise it. Its too stiff looking right now. There should be alot of things moving around like hair and cloth ripples in the wind. Character animations need to[/quote]@Less_than0: You left that hanging… but I kinda hear you on the rest of it. Like Loader evolution – if you’ve played the original “Final Fantasy XIII”, think the VU’d Scutari.
Dr. Ted playable class
Dr. Ted story DLC
Dr. Ted weapons
Dr. Ted main story line
Borderlands: Dr. Ted
Borderlands: 3 limited Ted edition.
Dr. Ted as a playable class it isn’t that mad though.
Who says he’s a doctor?
We pray to him day and night I am Dr. Ted. Dr. Ted is me. He heals us and cure our ailments.