Desires For Borderlands 3

Customizable dots on the HUD that show the location of Legendaries, Uniques, and maybe certain currencies. I hate the lootsplosions and having to scour all the nooks and crannies.

ENEMIES THAT DON’T RANDOMLY DISAPPEAR.

Use of armor and various resistances instead of straight huge amount of HP, and don’t forget the ways to counter them.

I don’t remember enemies disappearing that much aside from few Vermivorous and (even fewer) GOD-liaths in BL2. This might be a problem with the engine’s capabilities of handling large amount of objects so… yeah. I dunno.

If you’re talking about Stalkers or Pirate Mercenaries or Mage Skeletons… Yeah, those are annoying but that’s the challenge so, good fun.

I’ve had a Vermivorous and a few Ultimate Badass Varkids disappear.

Same here

@Sentry:

[quote=“SentySent, post:924, topic:73886”]Literally the projectile count; e.g., a Bandit gun fires 3 projectiles per shot, which it consumes 1 ammo per shot. If the gun has a matching stock, it consumes 1 ammo to fire 4-5 projectiles per shot.[/quote]As for the Bandit guns, IIRC that’s for RTIs.

Additionally, what causes the “reload speed” text to spawn on Tediore guns?

[quote]Additionally, what about increasing the Bunny’s lethality (if it ever returns)?:

[quote]I made a suggestion about it on “The last patch”, is it? thread.
[/quote][/quote]True, but…

…although making Novas with each bounce is a good thing, but can also be a bad thing. Primary question is what’s the backfire from said Novas? Is it player-friendly? If not, what’s the backfire damage it is capable of?

@kgk4569: While I have suggested enemies not completely evacuating the battlefield, it cannot be emphasized enough. Many a player has suffered great aggravation because of this. Also, spawn-camping should not happen.

Oh Hell, pretty much everything major in this thread: Things the AI has done to piss you off

RTIs as in Red-Text Items?

As in the white texts at the bottom of the item card? They are common texts describing the gun’s mechanics if that’s what you asked.

The nova radius will be smaller than the common ones. It won’t damage the players like the Love Thumper. Not a big fan of setbacks that outweigh the benefits and rendering the guns less effective in combat.

I have another idea for BL3: E-Tech elemental capacitors. They have higher elemental effect chance and damage compared to the normal elemental capacitors; the E-Tech elemental projectiles are not affected by the environments, e.g., E-Tech incendiary projectiles able to ignite enemies in space. These E-Tech elemental capacitors also grant splash damage bonus and chances to slag enemies. The setback for these E-Tech elemental capacitors is the standard 2 ammo per shot and no more.

@SentySent: Re. RTIs, exactly.

Re. Tediores, yes. I’m trying to get my pistols and SMGs with their highest rating, +12% and +26% respectively; the shotguns only spawn with +6%, or not at all.

Re. the Novas, interesting…

Re, the elemental capacitors, try look up my previous post about toggle-activated manufacturer-specific weapon gimmicks, specifically what I suggested for Maliwan. Not sure if it’s the same, but it (and the whole post) might interest you.

Why not make it a common gun gimmick? Of course it’d be less powerful than red text items, this is just to differentiate SnS and Bandit.

@diator1730 Clarification, that’s it’s current restriction. But yes, something like that being more widespread would be nice. One current example would be the x2 accessory, which is currently only on all pistols and normal Vladof-barrel Dahl assault rifles; further clarification there, this is not the Dahl Miniguns, which is the Dahl assault rifle with the Vladof’s unique barrel.

And definitely Badass-or-higher level enemies dropping the weapon(s) that they are using as loot for the player to pick up, which makes things so much more satisfying.

A strong desire that the art work is the same and that YOU DO NOT repeat with added vigour DO NOT make it like Battle born because if you do I will hate you for the rest of my life and tea bag your corpse

Name one female enemy in any Borderlands game that isn’t a boss.

Not to sound negative to this idea, because it could turn out well, while not necessary for the experience to remain in Borderlands style. What I’m saying, though, is it doesn’t make sense to me why there’d only be one dual-gendered enemy type, if any at all, after three successive games in a row.

That’s what I’m saying, in regards to exploring other planets. Thanks to Marcs at the end of the Robolution DLC, we know of at least two others, but that’s it. On the Pre-Sequel opening prologue people use a shuttle to go Elpis, which means we could use similar means to go planet-hopping, or go through the Vaults, if they served as a wormhole.

Lance Assassins, Ultimate Badass Varkids and Queen Spiderants?

3 Likes

Agreed, by all means.

Lol, yeah, sorry. I just realized the Lance Assassins, but I should have specified human enemies. But you’re right regardless, I stand corrected. My point stands, though, if a little decreased. But yes, human enemies.

1 Like

[quote=“astrocasto, post:936, topic:73886, full:true”]
A strong desire that the art work is the same and that YOU DO NOT repeat with added vigour DO NOT make it like Battle born because if you do I will hate you for the rest of my life and tea bag your corpse
[/quote]From what I understand, the problem was that Mr. Torgue and Michael Bay did the Fusion Dance…
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CMoGKguUwAEC07X.jpg

We need some invisible Jack O’Neill…:

If we carry over the Relic system, we really need something like equipping two simultaneously, maybe even making a Binary Relic out of two normal Relics. Because quite honestly, the special Relics that sported more than one trait IMO kinda restricted things; with the Binary Relic system I’m thinking of you could put an Elemental relic in with an Aggression Relic to increase the damage of something like an acid SMG. Or you could put in two relics with different focuses, like a Proficiency Relic and a Protection Relic. Bottom line, the player could equip two of whatever to suit their custom playstyle.

3 Likes

Not sure if this was already mentioned, but one thing I would like is to be able to save different builds and have them preset. I’ll gladly pay the fee every time (in fact, they could go ahead and raise the price if needed), but it would be nice to be able to walk up to the respec station and switch between (for example) Sniper/CA stack Zer0 and melee Zer0 instantly.

I could see them limiting it to maybe five or ten different specs per character, but it sure would be nice for those random moments when I wanna switch it up or try something different.

7 Likes

I hope the Raid Boss Class Mods in BL3 are well designed than Slayer of Terramorphous with all +5 skill points bonuses and have different skill bonuses for each class.

1 Like

I’d also like to see an overhauled accessory system. The idea is that multiple accessories can appear on the same gun but in different slots with specific accessories in each.

Offensive Slot: Higher damage, higher fire rate or an accessory specific certain gun types have (more pellets, double, wild accessory).
Defensive Slot: Higher mag size or faster reload speed
Shooting Behavior Slot: Recoil reduction or higher accuracy
Melee Slot: Self explanatory. If it makes a return to begin with.

The idea is that it allows you to customize guns even further to your liking and class without creating a “definitive” gun (and also avoiding the “why can’t there be more than one accessory on any gun?” question). Perhaps some kind of combo accessories will be added here that combine the accessories of each slot at the cost of being weaker than separate and/or some smaller negative bonuses to balance them out, kinda like what the wild accessory for Assault Rifles already does.

Now how do multiple accessories even appear on any gun? The basics first:

Whenever a gun is generated, the game determines which and how many slots get an accessory. The probability in this step increases depending on the rarity of the gun. For example, a Legendary gun has a 100% of getting at least one accessory in one slot and a lower chance for the others. Perhabs a 50% chance for a second and a 25% chance for a third accessory, basically 12.5% to one in every slot.
The Melee slot is completely independent and always has the same chances at any given time so they don’t get in the way of getting the actually useful stuff, if they even make it back.

Getting an accessory in each of these slots would be very unlikely of course (for Legendaries that would be 6.25% if we include Melee). Here we bring a new feature to the black market: Illegal Modification.
Let’s be real here, why wouldn’t bandits do something like this? The idea here is that you can dismantle other guns to take their accessories and put them in another gun of the same type and rarity. Bandits (or Crazy Earl) are really terrible at this job, largely due to poor tools, lessened skill and intelligence, so it’s a one-way trip. Once the accessory is on, it can no longer be removed even if the gun is dismantled. Fresh guns can have their accessories removed but the gun is still destroyed in the process (we all would have trashed or sold the undesirable guns anyway). For the sake of simplicity we pretend that Bandit guns are still good enough to be dismantled safely.
For Uniques you can dismantle blue guns for their accessories. The catch here is that blue guns are of course less likely to have accessories to begin with so it’s still not that easy to get what you want.

Maybe you’d also be able to buy some accessories but that would likely make this process too easy, even if you’d get random accessories for a random slot.

In any case, you’d pay them with the new “exotic” currency if such a thing makes a return or just cold, hard cash. Lots of it. Naturally, the rarer a gun is, the more expensive the mods become.

Overall the idea here is to simplify the farming process while still giving you a challenge if you want to min-max and get the absolute best out of each gun. Stupid blade accessories won’t ever be the greatest disappointment either!

While something like this could be possible for the other gun parts, it’d probably make things too easy since there usually is one “definitive” part.

2 Likes