Desires For Borderlands 3

Yea, but if you activate your action skill you’re in melee. What i’m suggesting is that if you spec a certain way, your action skill would boost/affect guns instead of melee. Or it would throw your buzzaxe out and it would hunt out guys for you while you use your gun.

Yes, action skill stopping is a great feature.

Re: loot removal - what if someone just wants to go back to concordia for a minute to increase their backpack size or grind and then come back to the loot drops they made? A shorter timer might be better.

Loader evolution. I am a big fan of enemy evolution like Varkids etc and always felt like Loaders was a bit of a missed opportunity. Basically, have a mechanic where if you have all the right loaders in the area, they have a chance to combine into a giant mega loader than transforms into a flying ship. Kind of like Saturn that can transform into Bunker. It should be a very small chance like Vermi and should have some really rare loot. The game play would be interesting since you would resist trying to kill constructors so that they could keep spawning Loaders.

Legendary weapons should level up or at least you should be able to level them up by sacrificing levelled gear. Kind of like the grinder in TPS but not as random. I dont like the concept of a grinder to RNG loot but I think its potentially a good device to craft existing loot like levelling or getting a different part.

Dialogue is so important to this game but it can get stale. Also, skins are basically meaningless to me. How about skins unlock some new dialogue so they are worth farming? Speaking of skins, the vehicle skins are truly meaningless…but it would be good if the skins unlock upgrades like speed, armour, etc.

Visual style. They can keep the visual style as it is but they need to have more detail and fluidness. I appreciate the art style but in order to keep the look compelling, they have to modernise it. Its too stiff looking right now. There should be alot of things moving around like hair and cloth ripples in the wind. Character animations need to

Finally, I just saw Fury Road the other day. One thing that is missing in TPS that we had in BL2 is that violent insanity like the guitar player on the truck full of amps playing while guys are flying around him on poles in the thunderous dust storm. I think there is a unique vision to understand that feel and get the right blend of cartoonishness and seriousness. I feel like the butt stomping, dancing claptrap feel in TPS lost the operatic drama.

2 Likes

@tlyons8sb8: Re. Aurelia’s origin – Hammerspace.

@jhunter922: Might not work out if the average player’s backpack is full and they want to step off to the VM, sell some things for space, then come back to pick up the rest.

@Matrixneo42: Definitely allow AS cancellation. If done with Maya’s Phaselock, I think it would’ve been reminiscent of Darth Vader doing a Force Grip>Crush.

[quote=“Less_than0, post:204, topic:73886”]
Visual style. They can keep the visual style as it is but they need to have more detail and fluidness. I appreciate the art style but in order to keep the look compelling, they have to modernise it. Its too stiff looking right now. There should be alot of things moving around like hair and cloth ripples in the wind. Character animations need to[/quote]@Less_than0: You left that hanging… but I kinda hear you on the rest of it. Like Loader evolution – if you’ve played the original “Final Fantasy XIII”, think the VU’d Scutari.

Dr. Ted playable class

Dr. Ted story DLC

Dr. Ted weapons

Dr. Ted main story line

Borderlands: Dr. Ted

Borderlands: 3 limited Ted edition.

Dr. Ted.

1 Like

Dr. Ted as a playable class it isn’t that mad though.

Who says he’s a doctor?

We pray to him day and night I am Dr. Ted. Dr. Ted is me. He heals us and cure our ailments.

Just wondering…this isn’t a desire though, just imagination.

How the game would look if we change the main font?
It’d be tragic/hilarious to have the whole game in Comic Sans xD

I’m just using Gaige as an example- the idea applies to all of the current and original VH- if they appear in BL3, give them an upgrades skill tree or- as in the case of Axton and Gaige (or even Krieg- Boomerang Buzz Axe anyone?)- an upgraded turret or DT. Like to play as Lilith in BL1? Try upgrading her Phasewalk with a Limited Teleportation ability, allow her to phase thru solid objects, force fields, whatever. A little something different for everyone…

It would be interesting to have equipables that dramatically changed play style and maybe some skill sets. might make it hard to keep a ‘character’ a character though.

True- but if they only show up as NPC’s like the original VH’s do in BL2 I’d say go with it…

1 Like

Something small but still Significant. Less Cutscenes! With this i don’t mean Those Character Spots before a Boss. I mean Cutscenes like before you Start a Dlc. Or At least make them Skippable. And less “Waiting until the npc finished Talking” This is the think i Absolutely Hate in tps.

I want more Jakobs weaponry.

2 Likes

On point. If you’re like me and play the game with each character thru all modes, then skipping cut scenes would be a blessing…

1 Like

There is a thing that should be brought back from BL1.
The option to choose which element damage our toon will do. I remember Corrosive Blood or Shock Berserk.

Would be great a Shock K, a Corrosive Maya or a Slag Gaige.

Having all gun types, manufacturers, elements be viable at end game

@xmngr I mentioned it in my previous post, although it was limited to Axton’s turret. However, the one thing that annoyed me in B2 was the damage-enhancing skill. In B2, half the playable cast have a slag-inducing skill while the other do not; this requires said other half to carry Slag Singularity grenades, which makes it less fun than it should be.

Speaking of skills, the math on those “level X” skills (like “Blight Phoenix”) need to be better drawn/explained. A skill “regenerating 5% of your maximum health” is clear-cut; a skill that “deals Rank 5 fire and acid damage” doesn’t tell me much.

2 Likes

I disagree with literally everything you said.

The game should have balance. Balancing gear is smart, and improves the life span of the game.

2 Likes

Cinsidering how much effort put into arranging meet ups for coop, b3 should include a better means for people to meet with others. Something much better than just crappy random match making. This forum’s threads don’t seem to be a good format or at least is mostly clumky.

1 Like