Desires For Borderlands 3

It makes up their low base damage and accuracy, and they can be lethal in close range; so it has my thumbs up.

I have an idea of Bandit guns with matching Bandit parts like the stocks increase the projectile count, kinda like Dahl guns with matching Dahl stock increases the burst fire count. Maybe Gearbox could add more matching stock bonuses in BL3, e.g., Maliwan guns with matching stock have elemental effect bonuses, and Vladof guns with matching stock having gun damage bonus.

Sorry if these have already been suggested …

Custom Characters

Able to create either male, female or mechanical being from the main menu.

Have a base head and body model that would still leave the ability to find new head and body skins in game, just have a selection of base skins to choose from to start with as we have now.

Custom skill trees that can be built, yet again have base ones with three sections like we have now for those new to the game but have custom ones available within character creation for those that have played the game, understand the mechanics but want to change things more to there play style. By custom I mean have a long list of all the skills available and let the player choose which ones they want, like choosing the candy you want in your bag in the candy store.

Ability to name your character class and skill tree sections.

Ability to upload and let others use the character(s) you have made, by using base head and body models and selectable skills in the skill trees it would mean a near infinite amount of choices but due to everyone having all the pieces in the base game it would mean that folk could share there designs but would still allow for future DLC to add to the base choices with a compatibility patch for expansion.

Currency

Bad Ass points are universal as are gold keys, make the Eridium etc the same, so all the characters can use them.

Thanks

Darkspire

[quote=“SentySent, post:918, topic:73886, full:true”]
I still think it’s a bad idea, an AR with Torgue barrel will consume 6 AR ammo per shot and a plasma caster will consume 4 SMG per shot. It’s better to leave the ammo consumption being determined by the barrels, not a part of a gun manufacturer’s traits.
[/quote]I do believe I mentioned somewhere grenade launchers as a separate weapon type next to ARs, pistols, and whatnot. And possibly rocket rifles – I can’t be sure if I covered that.

[quote=“SentySent, post:920, topic:73886”]
I have an idea of Bandit guns with matching Bandit parts like the stocks increase the projectile count, kinda like Dahl guns with matching Dahl stock increases the burst fire count. Maybe Gearbox could add more matching stock bonuses in BL3, e.g., Maliwan guns with matching stock have elemental effect bonuses, and Vladof guns with matching stock having gun damage bonus.
[/quote]Projectile count? You mean the ammo size, which is the manufacturer’s defining trait, right? But yes, I agree increased performance from parts-matching, with the most out of a manufacturer-exclusive product, would be awesome.

[quote=“Raven_Ghosthawk, post:911, topic:73886”]
Bandit: Assault Rifles, Pistols, Rocket Launchers, Shotguns, SMGs, Lasers
Dahl: Assault Rifles, Pistols, Rocket Launchers, Shotguns, SMGs, Sniper Rifles(?), Lasers
Hyperion: Assault Rifles, Pistols, Rocket Launchers, SMGs, Sniper Rifles, Lasers
Jakobs: Pistols, Shotguns, Sniper Rifles
Maliwan: Pistols, Rocket Launchers, Shotguns, SMGs, Sniper Rifles, Lasers
Tediore: Pistols, Rocket Launchers (which needs the reload-throw’s errant flight path eliminated)</font color>, SMGs
Torgue: Assault Rifles, Rocket Launchers, Shotguns, SMGs (=B1), Sniper Rifles
Vladof: Assault Rifles, Pistols, Shotguns, SMGs, Sniper Rifles
[/quote]Additionally, what about increasing the Bunny’s lethality (if it ever returns)?:

Literally the projectile count; e.g., a Bandit gun fires 3 projectiles per shot, which it consumes 1 ammo per shot. If the gun has a matching stock, it consumes 1 ammo to fire 4-5 projectiles per shot.

I imagine Tediore guns with matching stock have magazine size bonus, makes the chucking more potent.

I made a suggestion about it on “The last patch”, is it? thread.

Not a lot to add at the moment, I know there will be plenty of tough enemies in BL3 but I wouldnt mind seeing at least a couple of areas with high enemy counts that aren’t quite as tough but can overwhelm you with numbers if your not on your game. It’s fun to just blow off some steam every once in a while just getting to kill tons of enemies in succession…

Customizable dots on the HUD that show the location of Legendaries, Uniques, and maybe certain currencies. I hate the lootsplosions and having to scour all the nooks and crannies.

ENEMIES THAT DON’T RANDOMLY DISAPPEAR.

Use of armor and various resistances instead of straight huge amount of HP, and don’t forget the ways to counter them.

I don’t remember enemies disappearing that much aside from few Vermivorous and (even fewer) GOD-liaths in BL2. This might be a problem with the engine’s capabilities of handling large amount of objects so… yeah. I dunno.

If you’re talking about Stalkers or Pirate Mercenaries or Mage Skeletons… Yeah, those are annoying but that’s the challenge so, good fun.

I’ve had a Vermivorous and a few Ultimate Badass Varkids disappear.

Same here

@Sentry:

[quote=“SentySent, post:924, topic:73886”]Literally the projectile count; e.g., a Bandit gun fires 3 projectiles per shot, which it consumes 1 ammo per shot. If the gun has a matching stock, it consumes 1 ammo to fire 4-5 projectiles per shot.[/quote]As for the Bandit guns, IIRC that’s for RTIs.

Additionally, what causes the “reload speed” text to spawn on Tediore guns?

[quote]Additionally, what about increasing the Bunny’s lethality (if it ever returns)?:

[quote]I made a suggestion about it on “The last patch”, is it? thread.
[/quote][/quote]True, but…

…although making Novas with each bounce is a good thing, but can also be a bad thing. Primary question is what’s the backfire from said Novas? Is it player-friendly? If not, what’s the backfire damage it is capable of?

@kgk4569: While I have suggested enemies not completely evacuating the battlefield, it cannot be emphasized enough. Many a player has suffered great aggravation because of this. Also, spawn-camping should not happen.

Oh Hell, pretty much everything major in this thread: Things the AI has done to piss you off

RTIs as in Red-Text Items?

As in the white texts at the bottom of the item card? They are common texts describing the gun’s mechanics if that’s what you asked.

The nova radius will be smaller than the common ones. It won’t damage the players like the Love Thumper. Not a big fan of setbacks that outweigh the benefits and rendering the guns less effective in combat.

I have another idea for BL3: E-Tech elemental capacitors. They have higher elemental effect chance and damage compared to the normal elemental capacitors; the E-Tech elemental projectiles are not affected by the environments, e.g., E-Tech incendiary projectiles able to ignite enemies in space. These E-Tech elemental capacitors also grant splash damage bonus and chances to slag enemies. The setback for these E-Tech elemental capacitors is the standard 2 ammo per shot and no more.

@SentySent: Re. RTIs, exactly.

Re. Tediores, yes. I’m trying to get my pistols and SMGs with their highest rating, +12% and +26% respectively; the shotguns only spawn with +6%, or not at all.

Re. the Novas, interesting…

Re, the elemental capacitors, try look up my previous post about toggle-activated manufacturer-specific weapon gimmicks, specifically what I suggested for Maliwan. Not sure if it’s the same, but it (and the whole post) might interest you.

Why not make it a common gun gimmick? Of course it’d be less powerful than red text items, this is just to differentiate SnS and Bandit.

@diator1730 Clarification, that’s it’s current restriction. But yes, something like that being more widespread would be nice. One current example would be the x2 accessory, which is currently only on all pistols and normal Vladof-barrel Dahl assault rifles; further clarification there, this is not the Dahl Miniguns, which is the Dahl assault rifle with the Vladof’s unique barrel.

And definitely Badass-or-higher level enemies dropping the weapon(s) that they are using as loot for the player to pick up, which makes things so much more satisfying.

A strong desire that the art work is the same and that YOU DO NOT repeat with added vigour DO NOT make it like Battle born because if you do I will hate you for the rest of my life and tea bag your corpse

Name one female enemy in any Borderlands game that isn’t a boss.

Not to sound negative to this idea, because it could turn out well, while not necessary for the experience to remain in Borderlands style. What I’m saying, though, is it doesn’t make sense to me why there’d only be one dual-gendered enemy type, if any at all, after three successive games in a row.

That’s what I’m saying, in regards to exploring other planets. Thanks to Marcs at the end of the Robolution DLC, we know of at least two others, but that’s it. On the Pre-Sequel opening prologue people use a shuttle to go Elpis, which means we could use similar means to go planet-hopping, or go through the Vaults, if they served as a wormhole.

Lance Assassins, Ultimate Badass Varkids and Queen Spiderants?

3 Likes