Desparate Merasures, Phalanx Doctrine with Tediore Chucking

Do these two skills help in the power of a Tediore Chuck? They boost gun damage but…

Or is this similar to Mod gun type specific damage boosts…like +31% Shotgun damage which does NOT increse the strength of a Tediore shotgun chuck.

Follow on Question is:

What skills in all of Moze’s tress specifically strengthen Chucking?

My partial list is:
Matched Set
Stoke the Embers
Scrappy (Tertiary…does not affect damage)
Scorching RPMs (when Pull the Holy Pin is specked)
Iron Bank
Fire in the Skag Den
Pull the Holy Pin

Not sure:
Click, Click
Selfless Vengeance
Armored Infantry
Experimental Munitions
Drowning in Brass
Desperate Measures
Phalanx Doctrine

1 Like

DM and PD will help chucking. The +31% weapon type damage boosts are actually special modifiers, they’re multiplicative to boosts like PD. However Tediore chucks don’t get that particular boost. Note the Weapon Damage and Tediore are not the same and will affect the Tediore throws.

I’m not sure about Click Click, Selfless Vengeance and Experimental Munitions but the rest of your not sure list definitely has an affect.

This doesn’t, PTHP doesn’t get any crit bonuses. It will always be x2 for critical hits.

1 Like

Thanks! I was always of the opinion that the best bang for the buck on Tediore Chucks is to boost Mag size…but…with all the damage boosts to base gun damage in Moze’s shield skill tree I am facing a dilemma.

Spec down to Iron Bank or all the way down to Phalanx Doctrine.

In your opinion…what provides more “bang for the buck”?

Base gun damage boosts or Mag size boosts?

For a pure Tediore chucking build with 3 Tediores, Cutpurse and Face Puncher…

Where is best to spend points?

And ultimate Mod?

I assume:
Grenade damage
Splash damage
Weapon Damage

I’d take Iron Bank as the damage it provides is more consistent, you don’t need the extra damage vs trash and when facing bosses you can’t build Phalanx. I’d go as far as Experimental Munitions in SoR.

Yeah that would be my ideal Tediore chuck mod.

2 Likes

If you’re using shock Tediores to refill the Transformer shield, be careful with Experimental Munitions. If an enemy is in melee range, and gets critted by a mirv due to PTHP, it’ll set you on fire too.

2 Likes

OK…Thanks! Great advice! Another question. Suppose I go Bloodletter with a Deathless Cutpurse.

Health will go to 1…which I assume Desparate Measures would give me an additional Base Gun Damage bonus of 51% if specced at 3/3…and should ALWAYS be procced since your health stays to 1.

If I can get my shields up high enough…is Desperate Measures worth the points?

1 Like

Without considering the survival side, yes DM is worth the points. It’s base damage that you’ll be making unconditional, between that and your high mag you’ll have solid damage output in all situations. I’d recommend you get a splash or aoe damage passive too as that would be multiplicative to both and will boost your damage considerably.

1 Like

OK. Thanks again.

So I’m looking at two options:
Bloodletter TRL +1, DM +1, PD +3
+28% Splash Damage
+25% Weapon Damage
+24% Mag Size

Deathless Cutpurse with
+40% Mag Size
and whatever (I do not have this Relic yet)

Transformer with a Terror Anoint
Recurring Mirv Hex (shock) with a Terror Anoint

Redundant Face Puncher with 25% chance to proc Terror
Shock Tediore 5 Mirv Shotgun
Corrosive Tediore 5 Mirv Shotgun
Fire Tediore 5 Mirv Shotgun
Premium Keenfire ++ 3 Mirv SMG (Regenerate 8% while IB active Anoint)
2 Differenat Bangerrangs with average stats.

With this build: https://bl3skills.com/gunner/#005315105000050030000000000055330103000

Or this:
Green Monster IB +3, SRPMs +2
+28% Splash Damage
+24% Magazine Size
COV Weapon Accuracy

Cutpurse Victory Rush with:
+40% Mag size
+19% Shock Damage
+14% Weapon Reload Speed

Transformer with a Terror Anoint
Recurring Mirv Hex (shock) with a Terror Anoint

Redundant Face Puncher with 25% chance to proc Terror
Shock Tediore 5 Mirv Shotgun
Corrosive Tediore 5 Mirv Shotgun
Fire Tediore 5 Mirv Shotgun
Premium Keenfire ++ 3 Mirv SMG (Regenerate 8% while IB active Anoint)
2 Differenat Bangerrangs with average stats.

With this build:
https://bl3skills.com/gunner/#005312135000050230221300000055000000000

What do you think??? …2nd build relies more on IB then the first and I can get dual explosive Miniguns and Auto bear…or Target softening. Boost to Mag size in 2nd build is 150%

Also…does the 18% added damage from victory rush when you kill a boss or Badass affect chucks?

That Bloodletter is quite something :open_mouth:

I’ve never actually run a Tediore build, so I don’t think my build advice is very useful here. Maybe @drevilgn or anyone else who has used Tediore builds could weigh in.

I haven’t tested the Victory Rush, so I’ve no idea.

1 Like

Thanks for the help and advice…most appreciated!

1 Like

That’s a great bloodletter, I would look for a Cutpurse Deathless artifact to use with that. Then just focus on only shock damage to heal your shield. Then you don’t really need to rely on Vampyr and grenades to heal. Avoid Fire in the Skag Den, it’ll set you on fire. Something like this would work.

If you want to go with your Green Monster and Cutpurse Victory Rush, I’d still keep to shock Tediore, but add in Vampyr and a good splitting, mirving, bouncing, homing grenade for your hp healing and extra damage. Move the 3 points from Thin Red Line into Vampyr.

1 Like

Cutpurse Deathless with a +40% mag Size would be excellent…

If I can find one…lol Maybe I will stick my nose in the Trade forums…see what is available.

Thanks! I am running the Green Monster and will adjust out of Fire in the Skag Den.

Ran this tonight and was very successful in Mayhem 4. Killing very quickly. so quickly the kill skills were stacking quite nicely…to the point that IB was instantly ready immediately after it did it’s death charge.

https://bl3skills.com/gunner/#005312135100050330121200000154000000000

With the Dual Explosive Mini guns it was killing things stand alone and acted as a great aggro to enemies. the bubble helped it last the duration against virtually all attacks.

It was shocking how effective it was…and the little trick I read about tonight of jumping THEN deploying IB is amazing. Cuts the deployment animation in half.

And the Tediore chucks…just wow!

Thanks for the advice!

Excellent! I’m sure you’ll find some good gear trading too

I’m sorry but I’m slightly confused. Are you saying that “[Weapon Type] Damage” passives will not increase chuck damage but the “[Manufacturer] Weapon Damage” passive will?

1 Like

Yeah so weapon type is things like +Shotgun Damage. That doesn’t affect reloads.

+Weapon Damage and +[Manufacturer] Weapon Damage will both affect reloads.

1 Like

I think that makes sense with context, it doesn’t really count as a shotgun anymore after its thrown, if anything its just considered a grenade.