Destorying spawn points on The Experiment halts gameplay

As I’ve played this mission several times, I’ve decided to play it on Advanced with a friend. I decided to be creative and destroy the spawn points on the first wave to make it easier…unfortunately, it seems that it meant no more enemies to fight to end the wave. So we’ve been sitting here for about ten minutes while I log on and type this out.
Still no enemies so far, so I think this might’ve been a slight oversight.
Until it’s fixed, don’t destroy teleporters during Defend story missions. Gearbox, please make a contingency so that spawning spawn points (such as Jennerit Lances) happen just in case someone decides to be creative and do what I did.
Thank you very much for your time and fun game.

That’s… never happened to me, and I destroy those teleport spikes ASAP on the first wave. You sure there weren’t some enemies in the back because sometimes they get lost and just stop advancing? To finish the wave, you have to go back there and stab 'em in the face a few times.

We went all over that map (that we could reach at that time), and found not a single enemy. And it was at the half point of the wave, too, so it wasn’t the very end of it. We were quite literally alone.

Wow, that is unfortunate to say the least. I’ve had a wave run out with one enemy remaining when something got glitched into the terrain (eg one time on Renegade, at the substation, one of those spore things was glitched half-way through the floor - absolutely nothing could hurt it). Fortunately, the wave has always finally triggered as over and the next one begun. I’d file a bug report, and include the match ID (you can get that from your game history).

[quote=“VaultHunter101, post:4, topic:1540547, full:true”]Fortunately, the wave has always finally triggered as over and the next one begun.
[/quote]

This has always happened for me, as well, when an enemy glitches into a wall or some other place where it’s impossible to kill them. I’m pretty sure for some events/spawns, the devs include a time limit in addition to the kill requirements to allow things to resolve even if something bugs.

Not having it push after a 10 minute wait (especially if no other enemies were present, even on the minimap) is really really weird.

Maybe it’s tied to the number of enemies remaining? If there’s only one dot on the map and nothing happens for a while, it’s obviously glitched. If the wave is only 50% done though, it obviously ought to keep going a bit longer!

BTW, also had that “one enemy left” happen on Sentinel at the elevator shaft, where there’s one red dot on the minimap that simply refuses to show up and be destroyed.

[quote=“VaultHunter101, post:6, topic:1540547, full:true”]BTW, also had that “one enemy left” happen on Sentinel at the elevator shaft, where there’s one red dot on the minimap that simply refuses to show up and be destroyed.
[/quote]

That happens there a lot, with an enemy somehow getting stuck in the geometry of the area (not that unexpected given the fact that it’s an elevator and the enemies are moving a lot; a bit of server lag combined with some wonky collision detection is going to cause problems).

I’ve also seen it happen on Renegade, in the first defense location, where an enemy gets stuck in a little open space behind some walls that you can barely see (and can shoot into, in fact; you just can’t get in there). I’ve seen more than 1 enemy get stuck in there at once and sometimes I/we have been able to kill it/them, but, even if we can’t, a few minutes of waiting and the wave resolves.

It’s just really weird that OP waited that long without an automatic resolution, especially since it’s pretty much impossible to have a wave last that long without there being some kind of “enemy is not within player capacity to kill/defeat” occurring.