Destro's Battleborn Let's Play Thread!

(Destro, the Coolest Pirate You'll Ever Know) #41

[quote]Hello mushrooms and other healers, and welcome to Royal Gaming Battalion’s Let’s Play Battleborn series - the series where we take on Battleborn’s “Trial” edition and live to tell the tale!

Today, we’re trying something a little different. As per the request of one of our viewers, I’m going to try playing a character I haven’t put too much time into - and that character is Miko!

Miko is a healer whose strength, in my opinion, comes from its single target healing. While it does possess AoE capabilities, those aren’t as strong as its single-target heals. Miko is essentially the tank’s pocket healer, and is very effective when paired up with someone you can communicate with.

This is my second or third time playing Miko, so I don’t really have the build down yet. But, I think I’m beginning to find what works for me.

If you guys have any tips for playing Miko, please let me know![/quote]

[quote]Hello friends, and welcome back to Royal Gaming Battalion’s Let’s Play Battleborn series - the only series where you can play as a guy named Whiskey Foxtrot and not get laughed at!

Like the last episode, I’m playing a character that I haven’t played too often on this series - that character being Whiskey Foxtrot.

Like Oscar Mike, Whiskey Foxtrot is a character that excels at harassing the enemy team. Unlike Oscar Mike, however, Whiskey has a few more tools at his disposal, though the trade off to this is that he does not have an escape like Oscar Mike.

In my opinion, the thing that sets Whiskey apart from Oscar Mike is that his napalm grenades are much better than Oscar Mike’s napalm.

I’m not too sure about his helix choices, but the gear loadout I use is the same one I use for Oscar Mike.

Oh, and we’re playing Incursion on Overgrowth. As usual.

So yea. Clones for the win![/quote]

(Destro, the Coolest Pirate You'll Ever Know) #42

[quote]Hello tanks, healers, and DPS, and welcome to Royal Gaming Battalion’s Let’s Play Battleborn series - the series where we try and provide you with quality matches from Gearbox’s Free to Play child, which I will also call Battleborn F2P.

In today’s episode, we’re playing as Miko again in an Incursion match on Monuments, and we’re getting a better grasp of how to play Miko!

As of right now (so, not this video), I’ve swapped my healing item and CD reduction item for a blue quality Healing Power item and the Firmware Update, which works extremely well with Miko! I like my setup now!

Also, while that Biosynthesis AoE doesn’t heal for much, I really like it more than Heal Thyself. I know that Heal Thyself is good for keeping yourself alive, but I’m just a sucker for AoE healing abilities.

That’s probably why my Druid was my favorite healer in World of Warcraft. Who knows. /shrug

Also, I want to talk shop with you guys for a minute, just so you all know where my head is at. So, the funny thing about Youtube is that growth is different for everybody. And, as I’m sitting here uploading this video, I couldn’t be more proud of this channel’s growth. Yea, we’ve been at it for about five or six months, and we only have 88 subscribers to show for it, but you know what? This has been some of the most fun I’ve had in my life.

That just reinforces my urge to bring you guys quality content, whether it’s Battleborn or otherwise, while also showing off the full-range of my emotional spectrum. That’s how I connect to you guys.

I do care about growing the channel, and I want to, but it has to be a fun journey for me. The moment it stops being fun is the moment I don’t do it anymore. And if having fun means having small viewer counts for the mean time, then I am totally okay with that![/quote]

(Destro, the Coolest Pirate You'll Ever Know) #43

[quote]Hello tanks, healers, and DPS, and welcome to Royal Gaming Battalion’s Let’s Play Battleborn series - the series where we try and provide you with quality matches from Gearbox’s Free to Play child, which I will also call Battleborn F2P.

So, we’re back at it again with Miko, folks. On Incursion. On Monuments.

Yea, this isn’t a repeat of the last episode. It just so happens to be the same level, same game mode, AND the same character!

Sometimes Battleborn, or Battleborn Free to Play, is weird like that. But, welcome to matchmaking.

I’ve got an idea for an actual “skit” or “parody” I could do for one of our upcoming episodes. It would involve some live action footage, but I think it would be funny.

I don’t have all the details ironed out, though, so I don’t really want to talk about it if it’s not set in stone.

I’m pretty sure the next episode has a different character, so if you’re tired of Miko, well…see you tomorrow, I guess? Battleborn videos are weird.[/quote]

(Destro, the Coolest Pirate You'll Ever Know) #44

[quote]Hello friends, demons, and otherwise - welcome back to Royal Gaming Battalion’s Let’s Play Battleborn series! This is the only series where we can watch Shayne and Aurox’s pull mechanic not work and get really mad about it!

In today’s Battleborn Let’s Play episode, we’re playing as the demonic tag-team duo Shayne and Aurox on an Incursion match on Monuments! Monuments is a decent map for Shayne, since there’s a lot of tight corners you can take advantage of for Fetching enemies.

My Shayne and Aurox build revolves around keeping her shield up and keeping enemy CC at bay. The Intermittent Angel is a great legendary to use for keeping your shield up!

Apparently, however, there’s a glitch going around and that causes Shayne’s fetch mechanic to not work properly, or just not work at all.

The glitch is kinda fixed if you pick the helix choice to make Fetch stun, though, so that’s kinda nice.

Let me know if you guys want to see more Shayne and Aurox gameplay! I’d be happy to play her some more![/quote]

(Destro, the Coolest Pirate You'll Ever Know) #45

[quote]Hello loyal subjects, and welcome back to Royal Gaming Battalion’s Let’s Play Battleborn series! This is the only series where we consistently put our thumbs out for our favorite clone soldier, Oscar Mike!

In today’s episode, we’re playing an Incursion match (spoilers) on Overgrowth as, well, Oscar Mike!

Today’s Battleborn Let’s Play episode is another lesson in defeat, as we our soundly pushed with our backs to the wall and OH MY GOD THIS PENDLES WILL NOT FLANK THE ENEMY THIS LITTLE ■■■■■■■■!!!

Ahem. Sorry. I just can’t stand it when our Pendles is unable to flank the enemy team, which pretty much makes him useless. Sometimes I wonder why somebody would pick Pendles if they’re playing with randoms. I don’t understand it.

I hope you’re all enjoying your week so far! Mine just started, and I’m already over it! Having an overnight job at Home Depot isn’t always fun and games - especially when you’re there until six in the morning. It’s definitely no bueno.[/quote]

(Destro, the Coolest Pirate You'll Ever Know) #46

[quote]Hello loyal subjects, and welcome back to Royal Gaming Battalion’s Let’s Play Battleborn series - Operations edition!

In today’s Battleborn Let’s Play episode, we’re taking a step back from multiplayer to show my girlfriend the Story Operation Oscar Mike Versus the Battle School!

We’ll be taking this on as Oscar Mike himself, since there are still some rewards I can get out of this as him.

I’ve got to say, this Story Operation is one of my favorites, right next to Montana and the Demon Bear. I’m hoping you guys enjoyed it as much as I did, too! It’s funny how there’s a fully functioning society made up of nothing but Mikes. And some of them are even female.

Kinda makes me wonder how that whole cloning process works, honestly.

For anybody that might be reading this that’s new to Battleborn, since it’s Free to Play, the Story Operations can be obtained by purchasing the Season Pass or buying them with in-game credits.

Oscar Mike Versus the Battle School is a great Operation for trying out new characters, in my opinion. It’s quick, challenging, and can be good for learning the fundamentals of the game.[/quote]

(Destro, the Coolest Pirate You'll Ever Know) #47

[quote]Hello loyal subjects, and welcome back to Royal Gaming Battalion’s Let’s Play Battleborn series - shout out edition!

Today, I give a shout out to a podcast some of my friends at school created, while also going through the Story Operation Montana and the Demon Bear.

Like yesterday’s episode, we’re going through the Story Operation as Oscar Mike just so we can unlock some more goodies for him. Oh, and my girlfriend wanted to see this particular Story Operation get done.

So that played a big part of it, too.

“Joey/Destro, why are you doing a plug for a podcast?”

Well, kind stranger, I’m doing a plug for this MARVELOUS podcast because I, as a matter of fact, had a role to play in their upcoming third episode! It wasn’t a big role or anything like that, but I’ll take any opportunity I can to do some voice acting.

Oh, and Jack was a part of it too! Which is really awesome, in my humble opinion. We got paired up to be part of the same short story.

Anyways, if you guys haven’t done Montana and the Demon Bear yet, I highly recommend you do! It’s one of my favorite Operations (especially Alani’s version of the story).

Let me know what you guys think of today’s episode![/quote]

[quote]Hello friends, loyal subjects, and vampires, and welcome back to Royal Gaming Battalion’s Let’s Play Battleborn series - Supercharge edition!

In today’s Battleborn Let’s Play episode, we play through two Supercharge matches as Rath and try to get a grasp on what character is best suited for me to play as for this mode - and I think Rath may be that character.

In all honesty, I love the idea of Supercharge, but I don’t like the team compositions that have come out of it. If you’re not running around in a rolling death squad or playing with two tanks, I guess you’re not doing it right? I’m finding it fairly difficult to enjoy playing this mode consistently.

As such, this is the only Supercharge-oriented episode I’ll have up this week. The rest of the episodes are Incursion, as usual. Supercharge just doesn’t really seem solo-friendly to me.

I’m gonna try getting a group recording day going at some point in the next few weeks. Right now, my schedule is very tight because of my job - we’re currently doing inventory right now, and that’s a nightmare in and of itself.

Anyways, here’s some Supercharge matches for those of you that haven’t played it, want to see what it’s about, or just enjoy watching my content![/quote]

(Destro, the Coolest Pirate You'll Ever Know) #48

[quote]Welcome back to Solus, loyal subjects, and to another episode of Royal Gaming Battalion’s Let’s Play Battleborn series!
In today’s Battleborn Let’s Play episode, we go up against kAyAhHtIcK, who is someone that I recognize from the higher echelon of players on Battleborn - but not really someone I’ve had the pleasure of playing against often, or played with at all. (we’ll have to change that!)

Anyways, as is the case with these types of matches, I went with my bird Ernest since he’s my best character. I figured if we were to have any chance of winning, we’d at least need his wave clear to stave off the enemy minions.

And while the wave clear was good, kAyAhHtIcK’s band of merry men were all too familiar with dealing with Ernest eggs.

So, I did all I could to keep them up, and that’s all I’ll say about that.

It’s always really interesting when I go up against a name I recognize. RatedMForManly, kAyAhHtIcK, En Femme Fatale - these are all players that totally deserve being some of the best this game has to offer. And I’m glad that my own skills got tested by each and every one of them, in some shape or form.

Anyways, that’s enough rambling. This is an Incursion match on Monuments, and I’m still making slight adjustments to my Ernest loadout and helix choices.

I think Veilbreaker Rounds are the only legendary worth having on him, honestly. And he might be the only character they really work for? That’s my thought right now.

Let me know what you guys think![/quote]

[quote]Hello loyal subjects! Welcome back to Royal Gaming Battalion’s Let’s Play Battleborn series - Boldur edition!
In today’s Battleborn Let’s Play episode, we’re playing Incursion on Overgrowth as the walking tree stump named Boldur!

Err, the dwarf named Boldur. Tree dwarf? Dwarf stump?

Anyways, I’ve been practicing with Boldur a lot recently, and I honestly think he’s pretty damn fun. It’s quite enjoyable to chase people down with him, secure a kill, and then Boldur dash out of danger!

Although, the Boldur dash does peeve me at times. I think I like lumberjack dash a lot more, just because it feels like it has more control to me. I don’t know, maybe I’m crazy.

For those of you that don’t follow the channel on Twitter, we’re two days out from starting our Road to Odyssey series - where we will be playing (and hopefully beating!) various Super Mario titles in anticipation for Super Mario Odyssey.

Which reminds me - I need to get a Switch before that game comes out. Waaaay before it’s out.[/quote]

(Destro, the Coolest Pirate You'll Ever Know) #49

[quote]Hello loyal subjects, and welcome back to Royal Gaming Battalion’s Let’s Play Battleborn series - Space Laser edition!

In today’s Battleborn Let’s Play episode, we tackle Incursion as Oscar Mike on Monuments, and our goal is to use some space lasers to kill the enemy!

I’ve started using the Borrowed Timer on Oscar Mike, which is a fairly decent item choice in my opinion, but I’m not sure how much I’ll be using it. I might put my attack damage item back on him, we’ll see how that goes.

Also, we’re up to 96 subscribers now! Slowly, slowly, SLOWLY inching our way to 100 subscribers, and to making some special video of some sort to celebrate that!

Anyways, I hope your guys’ week is going pretty well. I’m trucking along through inventory at my work, and that is definitely no fun. I’m honestly missing getting a decent amount of sleep right now.

Anyways, we’re one day away from starting our Road to Odyssey series for Super Mario Odyssey. Jack and I will be tackling different Mario games up until Super Mario Odyssey’s release in October! To start things off, however, Jack and I are doing separate playthroughs of Super Mario 64.

Jack’s playthrough starts tomorrow, while mine starts on Monday, so be sure to check back in if you’re interested at all in that![/quote]

(Destro, the Coolest Pirate You'll Ever Know) #50

[quote]Hello loyal subjects, and welcome back to Royal Gaming Battalion’s Let’s Play Battleborn series - very short episode edition!

Yup, that’s right, it’s a short episode. I managed to get paired up with some players that just absolutely stomped the competition. It kinda sucks when that happens, but eh, it happens.

Anyways, this short Battleborn Let’s Play episode is an Incursion match on Overgrowth, and I’m playing as Kleese! Kleese is a super fun support to play as, and if played correctly he can do some serious damage.

I currently run Voxis Core, a shard generator, and a skill damage + skill damage item. What do you guys run on Kleese?

Also, if you’re semi-interested, we started our Mario 64 playthroughs this week! Jack is playing one save file for Mario 64, and I’m playing another. First person to complete the game gets to start the next Mario game of their choice, which is pretty neat![/quote]

[quote]Hello loyal subjects, and welcome back to Royal Gaming Battalion’s Let’s Play Battleborn series - tanky Montana edition!

Also known as “Let’s Have Six People Commentating In These Next Few Episodes” edition.

Anyways, all that aside, today I’m playing an Incursion match on Overgrowth as the overgrown lumberjack, Montana!

For Montana, I build him as tanky as I can, with an emphasis on strengthening his Lumberjack Dash (and giving it that sweet, sweet knockback). For my loadout, I run a shard generator, health regen on health regen, and the Pain To Gain, which is an amazing chest piece.

For those that are interested, I just started my solo playthrough of Super Mario 64 on Monday, and uploaded episode two yesterday. If you want to give that a look, I’d greatly appreciate it![/quote]

(Gone off comms, will update this when i feel like) #51

@Destronoma,

On Kleese I run multiple loadouts. I’ll focus on a few separate loadouts that work well in distinctly different ways.

#1 I use co-opetition inducer a free shard gen with negative reload and shield web interdictor, at level 10 I end up with 1113 shield for mortar strikes that bounce

#2 shard gen loadout.

I have 3-4 of this loadouts like this with various shard gens

But all of them have an epic wrench which generate shards and an epic shield that generates shards and a shard gen(free, epic with minus build cost, generous refund policy, or quartermasters bin depending on the character)

This lets me spam buildables as needed because I can generate almost 5 shards a second. I can push 70-80 buildables throughout a match if necessary.

(Destro, the Coolest Pirate You'll Ever Know) #52

Is the co-opetition inducer a legendary?

(Destro, the Coolest Pirate You'll Ever Know) #53

[quote]Hello loyal subjects, and welcome back to Royal Gaming Battalion’s Let’s Play Battleborn series!

Today is the last of the recordings we did with six people in the room, and I’m really relieved about that. If you want to know why I’m relieved, I’ll be posting about it on twitter later on today.

Anyways, we’re playing an Incursion match on Overgrowth as the assassin Deande, who uses fans and stealth to kill her opponents! I’ve played her a few times, so I’m used to her kit.

Also, for those that were not aware of this, the next episode will be our last episode for the Battleborn Let’s Play series. If you want the full explanation as to why we’re stopping, you can tune in to the episode on Thursday.

If you don’t want the full explanation, here’s the gist of it - I’m burned out on the game, and I want to take the time to build up our audience on youtube and not just on this subreddit.

I’m not going to say anything more than that. I’ll touch back on this topic on Thursday, for those that are interested.[/quote]

(Gone off comms, will update this when i feel like) #54

It is, attikus op LLC legendary.

Max shield with more max shield for killing non LLC enemies. At ten(max) stacks you have +280 shield from it alone

(Destro, the Coolest Pirate You'll Ever Know) #55

[quote]Hello loyal subjects, and welcome to Royal Gaming Battalion’s last Let’s Play Battleborn episode.

Well, not the absolute, definite LAST episode! But the Battleborn Let’s Play series is going on an indefinite hiatus due to me feeling burnout with the game.

So, with that being said, I’m giving my main bird Ernest one final Incursion match, and it’s on Monuments, which kind of works in my favor.

These past few months with Battleborn and this channel have been really awesome. But, the past few weeks made me realize something - I don’t want this channel to be defined by its Battleborn content. I’m not satisfied with the idea of being a Battleborn-exclusive channel. That goes against everything Jack and I had in mind when we started this youtube page.

Now, Battleborn needed to happen on this channel. It was the multiplayer game we needed to play, because every other multiplayer game felt wrong for our format. This game, however, made sense due to its long duration matches.

That timing worked when we first started out. But, after looking into our viewer retention and doing some much needed reflection, it’s time that we played other games. Primarily, games that we’re enjoying right now.

I’m not enjoying Battleborn as much right now. To me, the game feels like a chore to record. Victories are few and far between, and I don’t like having to play my best character 90% of the time.

That Deande match was a much needed break from all of that, but it wasn’t permanent. It didn’t satisfy me enough. So I’m doing the next best thing, and putting this game on the backburner.

We’ve got some neat things planned out right now. We’re kicking around the idea of streaming Fortnite once or twice a week, and maybe doing some Couples’ Co-Op videos with myself, my wonderful girlfriend Taylor, and Resident Evil 6.

We also have our Mario 64 videos, which I hope will soon move on to other Mario games. Just gotta keep churning out those videos.

Maybe I’ll stream my solo run of Mario 64, after I get my streaming situation settled. Hmm.

Anyways, guys, thanks for watching! And please check out our other stuff if you can![/quote]