Diablo 3 Rant Yo

See, all I think of when I think of Diablo 3’s loot model is “come out with a new overpowered set every six months so people have to farm that out to do optimial DPS and then pretend that’s the equivalent of class diversity.”

Also ■■■■ blizzard, ■■■■ them not letting diablo kill cain, and ■■■■ everyone thinking tyreal is the smartest guy in the world.

God damn I hate that ■■■■■■■ game.

raining_david_tennant

2 Likes

Look… everybody has to grow up and see the real world and… that was the one that killed blizzard for me.

Jesus ■■■■■■■ christ TYREAL SHOULD NOT BE THE ANGEL OF WISDOM. HIS ENTIRE ROLE IN THE GAME BEFORE THREE WAS A) TELLING YOU HOW BAD SOULSTONES WERE AND B) TELLING YOU HOW TO BREAK THEM. LITERALLY NOTHING HAPPENS IN THAT GAME WITHOUT HIM AGREEING AND ENCOURAGING YOU TO MAKE THE BIGGEST SOULSTONE EVER, BUT IT’S COOL BECAUSE HE DOESN’T WANT TO GENODICE LIKE THE OTHER ■■■■■■■

god DAMMIT

1 Like

200_s

In all seriousness, it’s a shame that you don’t like Diablo 3. Whirlwind Barbarian is like the funnest thing ever next to punching things as Brick.

2 Likes

Good news! You can still play it in Diablo 2 in a game that isn’t held together by bubble gum and duct tape because they never intended to get a cut of every item that was ever traded on it and has a story that isn’t a spit in the face to all the hardworking lorecrafters that used to work at blizzard.

1 Like

Damn, you really are bitter.

2 Likes

Yeah, for like 4-5 years I gladly handed them a 15 dollar bill every month for WoW, which even at the time I called “the most expensive pause button they could give me for the diablo franchise”. I had like two weeks off from work at launch, we camped out at a friends house and had “fun” for about two days and on the third we realized how much garbage the story was and all the issues at launch.

I’m not going to say that the game isn’t better than it was at launch. I’m saying that’s not good enough for the franchise that got me through high school, blizzard hasn’t been the same company since much earlier than people are just now starting to realize (I think it started around 08-09), and now they’re run by morally bankrupt fuckboxes.

Hail borderlands.

Hail sirens.

1 Like

No doubt, it was a garbage fire. But the gameplay is the best in it’s class, smooth as a pack fresh Black Lotus.

1 Like

See again. It’s a lot better now, but at launch especially inferno was borderline (maybe actually mathmatically) impossible. When these concerns were brought up, in classic new age Blizzard style, devs responded with “YEAH WE TESTED IT UNTIL WE COULDN’T PLAY IT ISN’T THAT COOL.”

I still have massive issues with the gameplay, especially compared to two. It was obvious that they’d dumbed down the controls and customization of characters to cater to console players. I mean in D2 you can spec heavy into whatever skills you want and hot swap up to a ridiculous number once you get your keys bound how you like. In this, you’re locked in at 6 and can’t hot swap during combat for different situations. On top of that, you’re frequently at the mercy of their “new set every 6 months” bit, which will group together a sometimes random collection of spells into the new “god mode build”, so finding a style you like and sticking with it is impossible if you want your damage to remain relevant.

The gameplay and action is obviously smoother - we’re talking about games 8 years apart. But they cut the guts out of the things that me and my friends loved about D2.

Then again we’re waaaay off topic.

This is one of my soapbox issues. I will scream at anyone about how much I hate diablo 3 any time.

1 Like

Indeed, time to kill the topic.

1 Like