Diamond Five Man Heliophage Advanced Hardcore Clear!

We finally got our Diamond rank on Advanced Hardcore Heliophage. We ran Montana, Ambra, Kid Ultra, Marquis, and Mike. Unfortunately our Mike’s game froze mid Rendain cutscene, so we had to run the bosses without him, but he was able to rejoin and still get credit for the clear. Just a few more diamonds to mop up to get the full set! I hope they add Diamond to Ops sometime as well!

10 Likes

Nice.
My best Helio is 206,117 which is still Gold since it was last fall.

2 Likes

Yeah that’s pretty friggen beast. Our Marquis was on a tight sechedule because he had to leave for work so we didn’t even touch the middle platform on the timed section which probably hurt our overall score a bit. It also didn’t help that we were down a party member for the entire boss section. But oh well, I just like seeing the diamond badge. <3
It sucks that you’ll have to push through again to grab your diamond though. Part of me wishes that diamond would have retroactively popped for old scores, but the other part of me doesn’t mind running them all again. I love the game, so I probably would have ended up running them all even if diamond scores weren’t introduced.

1 Like

I see you doing/have done quite a bit of story challenges. I mostly play with randoms. Would you ever recommend playing hardcore with randoms? Especially since the only hardcore playlist is advanced hardcore.

1 Like

@jicdarigan Honestly, I really wouldn’t recommend it if you’re trying to get diamonds. Hardcore isn’t any more difficult than Advanced is, but it only takes one goof up to lose a partner early on before you’ve got your helix and your gear built a bit. It’s best to go in with at least two buddies and roll your tryhards if you want diamond.
You can certainly get lucky with a PUG, but it’s unfortunately going to be fairly rare.

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip! Appreciate it!

1 Like

Not a problem. =]
Always happy to help!

1 Like