Diamond Loot Room FIX

Diamond Keys are far too rare for what the room truly offers, there needs to be other ways to obtain them (although maybe cheesy) Beating the Main story should reward a key along with completing all crew challenges?
So each character would have a chance at least 3-4 and this would give a good reason to max a bunch of characters?

I’ve got 1 diamond Key and received mostly world drops it was very disappointing

3 Likes

Hear ya. 1st-vault card got 1 lousy key around level 32, then none & stopped at level 100. Then got 3 last night at level 30 on second vault card. Nothing good in vault. Dumbest add-on ever.

2 Likes

the biggest problem with the room itself is how duplicative the items are. E.g. on the grenade wall I often see 5 or so quasars or storm fronts. Obviously there are fewer grenade mods and shields in the game than guns, but still, there needs to be more variety. It’s less of a problem on the weapon wall, but even then I often see two of the same gun (saw two kaoson’s, which in general would be ok, but they were both non elemental).

On VC 1 I got 4 on my first 25 levels, but only 2 on my next 115. On VC 2 I’ve obtained 4 in 46 levels.

I can handle them being rare, but they’re a bit too rare. Maybe once in a while instead of dahl sending me a blue assault rifle for 100 kills, send a key for every 1000 kills (which actually isn’t that much in this game). Maybe have some mini events where you can get keys. Or maybe let us buy some with Eridium, say 10,000 per key. Hell, I’ll even buy some with real $$$. I have 108K eridium on one of my characters and nothing else to spend it on (I don’t use the re-roll machine).

3 Likes

Don’t have the DLC, but if the room (often) offers world drops, who cares how few keys you get?
I mean, if there’s a chance at better loot, cool, but complaining about how hard it is to get keys AND how much keys suck … Well, that seems silly. Do you get me?

The diamond key system needs a fix, clearly. But does the crap loot need to be easier to get, or does the rare key need to be more rewarding? Because if you make them both easy to get and super rewarding, you might as well just make enemies drop more rare loot.
Oh wait, gearbox did that, and they just removed it and replaced it with this system, so guess they won’t be doing that. So, I guess pick which one you want them to focus on, instead?

1 Like

From the loot room I’ve obtained or otherwise seen the following: stinger shield, asclepus shield, plaguebearer, backburner, sand hawk, web slinger, monarch, globetrotter, kaoson, among others.

The room is always filled with dedicated sole source gear (such those just mentioned above), mission rewards that can’t be farmed (though could be obtained via the veterans machine) along with other gear (including blue/purple items that no one would use, but also including DLC gear that can be hard to get–e.g. I’ve seen the old god shield every time I’ve been in there).

So in my view the only issue with the loot selection is the duplication problem, esp. with grenades. But it’s incorrect to say the room is just filled with world drops. It’s more like 60/40.

So there is a mix and there is always good loot in there. I had spent hours upon hours trying to get a corrosive monarch from killavolt with no luck, then got one in the diamond key room.

2 Likes

I agree, I finally get a diamond key and you’re saying all that’s in the armory room is crap?

2 Likes

The keys are super rare but imo totally worth it as you get rare arm race items and challenge crew items from dlc ( I never thought I d get a Scoville again) that can t be obtained from veteran machine. Also there is a super rare version of the Seven Sense that is only here.

I’ve been hoping to find that Seventh Sense purple gun but no luck so far.

1 Like

As a note you’ll only get items for DLCs you’ve started on that character so if you want to get a specific item or stuff from a specific DLC make sure to just have started the relevant DLC on the character you want to open the room on

1 Like

FYI if you want a purple seventh sence do the 2nd mission and put it on your wall it’s not a rare item

There’s a second version of the gun with better stats that shows up in the loot room. There’s a couple of posts about it else-forum, and at least one YT video.

1 Like

Ive had 3 keys and ive maxed out the 1st card and working on the 2nd. Id say they are too rare for me, as i play nearly 4-5 hours a day, more now since the loot planet event as im after even rarer class mods with +5 or with triple rolls. Those too are rare. At this rate i wont have time to play the new Wonderlands game as i will still be playing this to get those rares XD

Looking at footage though, the items other people get on the loot room seem really weak compared to the things ive seen - so maybe its class based, level based etc?

1 Like

I don’t think you can put mission items on your wall anymore. They patched that a long time ago.

Saw a cool trick for using diamond keys on another forum. The Shlooter impacts the rarity of items on the diamond room wall so if activated when using the key nearly all items will be legendary.

The trick was to spawn a vehicle in the loading dock and then melee it into position. Then shoot Torgue stickies at it and run like hell straight to the diamond room. Destroying the vehicle activates Shlooter so if you can make it there within ~22 seconds then you’ll have higher quality loot to pick from. You need all the speed boosts you can get and this is apparently a lot tougher with Fl4k and Moze but the other 2 can pull it off consistently

1 Like

There’s a security camera right outside Marcus’ room you can shoot to activate the Shlooter as well. It affects the Diamond Vault, and the Golden Key chest.

2 Likes

I have been meaning to ask , when can I change the emoticon button ?

My gripe with the Diamond Loot room is the high number of non-legendaries and world drop legendaries. On vault card 1 I received a total of 3 diamond keys and the first one was super disappointing. With the other two I was over the moon with what I managed to get as they were from Arms Race and The Gaurdian Takedown… 2 weeks latter Gearbox introduced 72 level cap making my L65 Plasma Coil & Globetrotter weak AF.

On vault card 2 I was extremely lucky to get a diamond key on the very first day vc2 started!
Then my heart sank after seeing what RNG had in store for me in the loot room.

2 Likes

think i found 5 keys total…

only item worth mentioning i got out of it was a great clairvoyance masher… everything else was more a “what’s the least disapointing item in here”

i don’t mind the rarity of the key… but there should be an (almost) guaranteed crew chalange weapon in there. or equaly rare… i think i had several hotsprings on every time i opened the vault

3 Likes