Did Gearbox Ever Acknowledge Bad Touch as A Glitch Or Intentional?

Hi All,

Just curious if gearbox ever acknowledged Bad Touch never coming up again outside of the first time in Moxxi as a glitch or intentional?

Thanks!

I don’t remember seeing anything one way or another. Is “accidentally on purpose” also an option for this? :wink:

If you think about it, there are a few things you only get in NVHM (the 3rd and 4th equipment slots, for example). Weapons types also phase in as you level up in NVHM (so you’ll never see a legitimate level 4 rocket launcher).

The way I look at it, is that it’s a nice safety net for players who didn’t get a Hornet or Bonus Package, but need something to help get them through “Rescue Roland”. Once you’re in TVHM and above, you have tons of gear options to set you up for that bit.

The Good Touch is also a nice thing to have, and I appreciate being able to get it at any level. Apart from the health steal, though, there are easily better fire SMGs to be had once you’re further into the game, so it’s never really OP or game-breaking. I suppose that having the Bad Touch once per character, followed by Good Touch, makes keeping track within the game a bit easier.

For as long as I remember, once you get it that is it for that character. I was under the impression that it is the first weapon you get for tipping moxxi no matter what level you are. so if you had the game set to OP 8 you would get an op 8 version of it.

Yup. If you avoid tipping until you get that far, that’s what you get. I believe the OPs question was whether or not that was the intention, or whether it was intended to be once per playthrough (so first time tipping in each of NVHM, TVHM, UVHM, and on any subsequent reset). I’m inclined to think not, as it surely would have been patched by now if that were the case.

1 Like

Always been that way, 1 per character. To get another anytime you want, join a lvl1 character to your game with a 2nd controler as a guest, trade lvl1 $17,000ish, tip Moxxie, Bad Touch will be at host level.

2 Likes