Digi-Peak Build (Discussion+Help)

After a bit more tweaking i ended up using pure hellborn+mania non-bloodlust and legendary torch COM. Hellborn makes krieg sooo much tanky also 10 elemental elation makes your axe throw speed absurd. I have a few questions, like is roid damage added to the throws and what is the most effective way to kill spiderant sappers or slagged animals.

1 Like

Incendiary on any slag enemy. You could mix in Unkempt Harold once you stack DoT. Pretty easy to use Hellfire and apply Burn then finish with Explosive. Raving Retribution and Flame Flare will keep DoT active.

I’m not sure if roid damage would be worth giving up more health, damage resistance, and RtB compatibility that you get from Rough Rider. I never ran roid shields on Krieg so maybe someone with more experience with them can give you a better answer.

If im going to just throw axe and if roid is added maybe it is worth a try.
Edit: Actually slag enemies pretty resistant to fire damage.

It isn’t, outside of Rapier+StV+bloodsplosion builds you just get a health-bar that likes to flash empty-full-empty non-stop.

Perhaps you guys could clarify the issue with the typing in Digistruct. Is it just flesh enemies that have ‘normal’ typing (so take no extra damage from fire)? Or is it all enemies, inc. robots?

Adding further confusion, I remember scclarke testing Dukino as a flesh enemy who’s normal at the Peak, but I always assumed she was armoured in the main game.

Anyway, if it is all enemies, it seems to me that shock is the way to go (as the only element that carries no penalty when it meets a different type of enemy). Corrosion would do worse against a ‘normal’ enemy than shock, as far as I’m aware.

I’ve heard many say corrosive is the way to go but the explanations haven’t been completely thorough. I’ve never heard anyone say that the usual workings of elemental guns are different (so fire still technically do more damage to flesh), just the enemies themselves.

I don’t personally find corrosive overwhelmingly valuable because there are a lot of shields about. Explosive is the way to go. (Hellborn Krieg would be an exception).

You can see more than just Dukuno’s mom tested for elemental matching.

I assume corrosive was said to be the best element there either because corrosion DoT lasting longer or because of the robots.

Corrosive doesnt do worse than shock against ‘normal’ enemies
As far as im aware
They have no resistances and no weaknesses

Corrosive is said to be the best element since the loaders still take bonus damage from corrosive
(The change to ‘normal’ type only seems to happen to life-forms)
Plus corrosion DoT lasts longer so i guess that helps too especially for Krieg

I remember when soloing Hyperius that I was using a Love Thumper on his first phase. I really think the Roid Damage is added to the throw damage …

The main problem is that you can’t slag the slag based enemies so you aren’t seeing the multiplier in effect that you normally do on other flesh targets. I believe the damage multipliers are something like 1.5, 1.0, and 0.8 with shock being 1.0 and incendiary and Corrosive swapping multipliers based on enemy type.

Wait i thought ‘normal’ enemies had no resistances at all
Which is why fire and corrosive did the same damage against bandits and dukinos mom in the peak

Ok, elements are quite confusing at the peak :stuck_out_tongue:

With regards to OP’s Krieg inquiry in general, I’m just testing out Hellborn now.

The main difficulty at the Peak for Krieg is running out of ammo. That’s the case whether you go Bloodlust or Hellborn. It’s not really appropriate for him to use the Bee (though I have done it, switching shields to negate recharge delay). He can kill stuff without it but it takes a lot of bullets. A decent ammo relic is definitely recommended.

1 Like

You basically never run out of ammo with a Hybrid Krieg :wink:

You don’t? I do! What kind of hybrid are you talking about here?

Elemental Elation ftw but it burns through bullets.

1 Like

Mania-Bloodlust, i’m using the DPUH, a slag Pimpernel and a Corrosive Conference Call.

It’s maybe because I use a lot of melee (on Scorch, Dukino’s Mom, Black Queen and Assassins I only rely on it), I use my guns on some situations but I just love Fuel the Blood + Buzz Axe Bombardier.

Elemental Elation + Embrace the Pain + Legendary Torch = NOTHINGNESS !!!

Ah yes, I’m usually good with Mania / Bloodlust, though I often run out of DPUH ammo on Scorches, and Dukino’s Mom often levaes me drained of pretty much everything. I tend to hold back on melee with any build on the Peak, i.e. be more cautious, as I use Release the Beast for emergencies and there’s no out while you’re rampaging, so staying alive rather than getting kills is crucial. Hellborn is awesome but man do I use ammo with that :stuck_out_tongue:

When I went through the Peak the first time I was determined to do it solo, and I kept running out of money to buy ammo, I was dying so much. I barely had any eridium either. Humbler times :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

On Scorches I throw a betty, use the Pimp to slag them and Release the Best then spam their butt with melee strikes, and if I get the kill I can throw-spam the second Scorch : pretty easy, just costs a couple of sniper rifle bullets ^^

I tend to switch between the Legendary Reaper and the Legendary Sickle, often to keep Kill Skills active longer or just have 10/5 Blood Bath :slight_smile:

Survivability with Hellborn is great, but if you can handle RtB, Thrill of the Kill and play patiently, you never die with Krieg :stuck_out_tongue:

I myself rarely go with Thrill of the Kill on a melee build, as it messes up my rhythm with Release the Beast… some people favour it though. I prefer it with Hellborn.

It helps me a lot for surviving outside of Buzz Axe Rampage, and it’s great for keeping you alive when you are unleashed with the Legendary Reaper (rip double Saturn)

I actually use a Grog at the Peak (that and raids are probably the only place I really need it). Things can go south very fast in a situation like Dukino’s Mom so I tend to have it equipped. I either use a Fastball or a normal melee attack with it and get back over health gate until I want to release the beast. I don’t need it in normal Krieg play but it’s too easy to die when you’re dependent on kills to get health back. Control is everything.

2 Likes

Meh, I don’t like the concept of the Grog Nozzle, I use it on raids and on Hellborn Builds, but it’s not the best thing on Hybrid Krieg, I go ahead and put 1 point in Thrill of the Kill, and use the Pimp to slag.