Digistruct Peak by level walkthrough thread

Ha! Thank you

Hope this get stickied. Great Work.

5 Likes

Thank you very much!

1 Like

Really comprehensive guide (especially on how to deal with the crazy quad-assassin spawn). Really like how you always play in such a calm, methodical manner.

Would be interesting to see your take on how to get Krieg past the peak with easily obtainable gear. Always seemed like the peak was specifically tailor-made to really screw him over.

2 Likes

Thank you!

My Krieg is parked at OP3 at the moment, as I’ve kind of come to the conclusion that I’m just not as compelled to play him as I am with some other classes. He’s fun, but he makes me miss Maya and Zero, in particular. That aside, my plan when I started the Peak with him was specifically to find an easy to farm gear set. I wound up going with a blue Crunch COM, Grog, Storm Front, Harold (prefer other than DPUH), Baby Maker (!!!), Hornet. I found that an explosive build with that set up made everything easy, except for evasive Bandit types. It’s a bizarre feeling dreading Marauders. I’ll eventually get back to it and take him to OP8.

As for the calm playstyle… I’m a believer in ‘slow down to speed up’. Basically means making myself ‘see’ everything. That has helped me improve at a lot of things I’ve enjoyed over the years, from skateboarding to basketball to chess to shooting firearms. Guys like Derch and Man of Low Moral Fiber modeled it for me in this game when I found the community. They looked so unrushed on video. I made it a point to get good at seeing everything-- mini map, ammunition, guns enemies were spawning with, etc, and that helped me get to a similar point. I appreciate that compliment. I have worked on it! (I’m miles from that on Gaige-- always feel under pressure).

5 Likes

I might add that I’m sure HD would be happy if a Krieg expert submitted a Peak guide. I can safely say it was the toughest time I’ve had in the game and if any character needs a dedicated guide, it’s him.

Absolutely! When I started the class specific guides, I was hoping others would jump in, contribute to the ones I had started, and start some for Gaige, Sal, and Krieg. I could certainly do a Sal guide, but I’m not qualified for Gaige or Krieg.

I’m using my new Gaige and trying to unlock OP5. I’ve noticed that when the spidertanks spawn in the lake that you can use the cacti like plants as a shield- the shots from the spidertank won’t hit you until it’s about half way up the beach. Before that the plants block incoming attacks, and any good sniper or AR should be able to take it out at distance. Also with her, the turrets can be taken out using an Infinity and having The Nth Degree and Close Enough specced. Just aim over the horizon and let the firing pattern of the Infinity do it’s job- you don’t even have to risk showing your face to kill them :slight_smile:

4 Likes

After you unlock OP8, is an OP8 run the same as the OP7 walkthrough?

Thanks for this walkthrough. It really helped me. I got Maya to OP6 a year ago, but the few times I killed Dukino’s Mom, the assassins would kill me. I decided that I just wasn’t good enough, but with your help I finally made it to OP7 and am ready for more.

5 Likes

The OP8 level Peak run is randomized somewhat so there’s no stage by stage guide that one could provide.

However, it is generally easier on average than the OP7 to OP8 unlock.

2 Likes

Thank you for the feedback, and I am glad it was of use!

As @Jefe says, the spawns at OP8 are variable. More precisely, each area has 2-4 possible spawn configurations. Some runs, you get lucky. Other runs, you’ll spend the whole run on the edge of your seat. In contrast, the OP7 run has the worst- or second worst spawns locked in at each stage. In hundreds of Peak runs at OP8, I’ve probably only had 2-3 where I got the bad spawns in every section. Admittedly, it is possible (though incredibly rare) to get a worse run than the OP7 spawns. If you switch the D’s Mom spawn and possibly Assassins turrets spawn into a run which is otherwise the OP7 spawns, that is probably worse.

Of course, OP8 runs have the advantage of progressively better gear, as well.

2 Likes

Total necro here, but people still use this guide and there is a tip that’s worthwhile popping in :

Memorize the location of the Jack cutouts. The “rubble pile” ( the spot where the cutout was before it gets damaged ) has the same status as the cutout itself. This is helpful in two ways ( that I can think of ) :

• You can use it for Moxxi healing. With a Moxxi weapon, shoot the cutout or the ground where the cutout was , or toss a grenade.
  • it can be used to trigger Get Some so you can your Gunzerk back. It does not work for Bloodlust but it might also trigger Able - worth trying.
5 Likes

Here’s a playlist of videos above: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWg4fuZakiRzhACm5OVZiHZI0Usw38GS9

I might miss one video or two - will recheck later.

Thanks again for such a great guide!

4 Likes

Just wanted to add my thanks to Handsome Dad and co.
I’m a longtime forum lurker, an old and mediocre gamer.
Am in awe of some of you guys and gals!
This guide just got me through Digi Peak solo to op8, on my first character other than Sal (Pimp/Duurped him, d’oh!): with a Siren. So I consider this my first legit complete run.
Been playing BL2 since launch! Must say this feels like a real accomplishment.
Thanks again.

9 Likes

It is! Congrats on beating the Peak.:+1:

4 Likes

Cheers Sun! You’re too kind. :sunny:
Never thought I’d make it.
This community is awesome. Specifically, very supportive.

4 Likes

It’s the return of the necro, but I came across this doc from janderson that compares health values between Peak and off-Peak enemies :

Interesting that Scorch, Black Queen, Bone Head, Marauders, Constructors, Reeth have increased health ; but Saturn and the other Assassins don’t ( and thank god for that ).

7 Likes

Huh, newer knew about that, lol. Thanks

2 Likes

Sorry for the necro but I wanted to ask: still interested in doing something specific for either Gaige or Krieg? Considering I’ve reached OP8 a while back with Gaige and have at least reached the Assassins at OP6 with Krieg I think I might have some points to add…

4 Likes

I think Krieg definitely still needs a dedicated guide. Unfortunately with HD MIA and not being around to link a new thread in the OP, I’m not sure the best way to handle it. But I’d love to see it! ( even if just for my own benefit :wink: )

4 Likes