Digistruct Peak enemy typing issue and why your fire guns suck there

As far as the surveyors go have you tried using a The Transformer shield when they show up? It should be able to take any shots from them and stay up, with the exception of any badass surveyor- those chumps need to be killed with a quickness…:grinning:

I use a Transformer on my Commando at OP8 and it works GREAT!!..and it works great to recharge Rocket Ammo with a low Level Logan’s gun. Sham not needed.

Me no havee on this new Zer0.

Buuuut…I found another EXCELLENT Surveyor Killer.

The Seeker.

With a Chaotic Neutral Rogue and TwoFang at 11/5…the thing puts out some hurt and does exactly what it says…“Seeks”

I don’t have snipers worth a hoot and won’t farm Lyudas till I hit 80.

But this thing was awesome on VERY long Range Targets…like Surveyors above the 4 Spidertanks in the same arena Saturn spawns. I just sat on the hilltop, untouchable and poured it on.

For Extra UMPH…add an Explosive Damage Relic

For extra EXTRA UMPH…add a Bee.

And you are so far away you are totally safe using a Bee.

The darn thing will shoot around slight corners and home in…or over the top of a barricade right into the head of an enemy hiding.

1 Like

Awesome! Well done. And great to see love for the Bone Shredder. As long as you can boost the fire rate it’s a great Tattler sub.

You were having Surveyor problems?

Feed Buttstallion till you get a Gemstone Corrosive DVA or Redundant Dart.

Eats them right up.

Is the Dahlminator any good at this?? it is a homering Corrosive Dart with Red Text…

Doesn’t get much love but who knows…

Hmm, honestly never tried. I finish that mission early so I can Chest/Tubby/Vermi run the area, I’ve always only had a severly underlevelled one.

If you can lay your hands on a Twin one possibly.

Between Twin, Two-Fang, Sheriff’s Badge, and your COM you should be able to pump out darts, and between Sheriff’s badge and your Skills it should do a good bit of damage.

FYI, this is what makes 2 player difficulty a worthy price of having a Hoarder Mule…

Sure it’s harder, but that sweet sweet ammo…

2 Likes

I have a Twin Dahlminator at Level 80 in a mule somewhere…never used it but I remember saving it cuz of the Twin prefix…

1 Like

Niiice! Let me know how it works with your playstyle. The nice part is you don’t need to be too accurate due to the homing. Give it a try in Thousand Cuts first.

It seems my version of Run & Gun is a bit…unique to the forums. So while it may work for me…

Bone Shredder or really any Bandit SMG is crazy to use with 10/5 Wreck on Maya. “Hey anyone want to watch a 100+ clip disappear in 2 seconds?”

2 Likes

Yup I’ve found non-elemental works great in the Peak. Yet another reason to spec into Duty Calls with Axton btw.

I use the infinity pistol loads, actually tbh I don’t see how anyone not use this pistol when doing Peak runs as otherwise would run out of ammo.

Cant believe you used Bone Shredder though, this to me seems like a terrible weapon, I much prefer Lascaux which is one of my favourites. Perhaps in time I might change my mind as I’ve done before.

It might have something to do with the billion ammo crates and two vending machines.

3 Likes

Honestly, I did find ammo to be a issue in the peak in my first climb, especially when you are not optimally geared. The Scorches, when they spawn with surveyors, can really push you low sometimes. Or if you get a bad spawn with tons of Slag Centurions or smth. Mostly in the first half - after the Black Queens ammo is rarely an issue anymore. I have never used an infinity there but it wouldn’t be a bad option, just not the best one.

That said, I do agree you definitely don’t need an infinity unless you play carelessly or did not diversify ammo pools, but its a good failsafe for those new to the peak.

1 Like

Cant believe you used Bone Shredder though, this to me seems like a terrible weapon, I much prefer Lascaux which is one of my favourites. Perhaps in time I might change my mind as I’ve done before.

Neither the Lascaux or Bone Shredder are particularly amazing or anything, but the Bone Shredder has much higher upfront DPS as it can come in elements. It is also quite inaccurate and an ammo hog, but it is definitely still a good SMG. Give it a try, esp on Maya or Zer0.

Yup I’ve found non-elemental works great in the Peak. Yet another reason to spec into Duty Calls with Axton btw.

Duty Calls is definitely much better in the Peak then it is elsewhere, but for most part you are still better of using corrosive if you can. Loaders, OMGWTH, Saturn etc. all still resist non elemental by a small amount and are far more susceptible to corrosion. And the BoTA means corrosion will still deal at least as much as NE on everything else.

1 Like

Good point. If someone isn’t using one of these but something else, then they’re obviously going to see different results in their game. I tend to forget about relics a lot since I’m still mostly levelling characters to 72, but that definitely becomes an important part of the peak or dealing with raid bosses.

2 Likes

To give a bit more insight on this topic whenever your ammopool is below a certain point (which I think was 42 %), ammo crates will prioritize tje ammo for the weapon in need so you tend to get more of it. Also works for grenades.

So say, with snipers I learn what the number of bullets left is for those bigger ammodrops (bullets in the mag count in case you are currently wielding said weapon type), I spot 3 ammo crates and am just above the need treshhold, I’m actually better off shooting a couple of bullets away and then opening all 3 ammo crates before picking any ammo up because that way I’m almost guaranteed to walk away from those crates with maximum sniper ammo. And that’s how you beat the peak with a weapon type that has a 132 bullet maximum ammo capacity.

I might be mistaken but I think Krieg takes the cake here.
EDIT: I just realized the last quote was quite old. Sorry.

5 Likes