Digital Deluxe vs Physical Copy

I have a pretty important question… and I’m sure a few others mayou have this question too, I just haven’t seen it asked.

First of all, I am getting a physical copy from GameStop for I really want the figure that it comes with. My girlfriend and I both have had a copy pre-ordered since it even hit GameStops system. I would know, I work there.

But… that digital Deluxe looks delicious… and I want the PS4 theme and the extra skins… is there going to be a “digital upgrade” option available to get the theme and extra skins along with theverybody Seasons Pass?

I really want that figure… both my girlfriend and myself want the figures… but we also want the digital Deluxe stuff…

So… is there a digital upgrade option?

3 Likes

Wow I have some awesome auto correct typos in the original post. Ya mobile. Can’t seem to edit the original post. And sorry for double post.

I was told by someone that the Digital Deluxe Edition is getting extras that are not in the core game or the Season Pass. I wanted to confirm this as well before cancelling any of my pre-orders at EB Games as they do not offer the DDE in store. The difference between the DDE and the core game + Season Pass is about $5 for me I think, and the pre-order at EB Games comes with the figurine. So the deciding factor for me is whether the Digital Deluxe Edition comes with extras not included in the core game and Season Pass. Can anyone confirm whether this is true or not? @JoeKGBX or @Jythri perhaps?

I want to know the answer to this question to, so hopefully more replies will help with a response

Honestly, if the figures were purchasable seperately, I’d buy the figures and go Digital Deluxe. I did upgrade my hard drive to a 1 TB for my PS4, and it would be nice to not fiddle with a disk.

Let me look into this a bit deeper for you guys.

4 Likes

Much appreciated Joe. :smiley:

1 Like

I’m poking this topic. This is very important to me because I want to full experience to this game and I want my figure. Lol

Personally I’m leaning toward getting the digital Deluxe because I will never trade this game in, and I don’t want to change out discs when I want to play. Then again, would this disc ever leave my system? Lol

But I want the figure. Hoping to get Thorn and Orendi.

I’d also like to know if there are extras available if they will be available at some point outside of the Digital Deluxe Edition, as well as the Pre-Order extras. Sort of like how the Pre-Order guns for Borderlands 2 were made available later on. I know you get 5 gold skins and a title for Battleborn but there are also gold skins available through a SHiFT code if people complete a challenge during the beta. Are these extra SHiFT code skins only going to be available if you participate in the challenge or will the become available at some point?

I have a question of my own. Apparently the last day to enter the SHiFT code for the preorder is the 3rd of May, or release day. How would you enter the code if that is the last day and you picked it up late or couldn’t get home or is that date just speculation?

Just wondering…

Also, to answer your question, they probably won’t be available during the challenge due to it being like right after the release, though I am also unsure, they likely will be available at some point.

Any word yet @JoeKGBX ? I’m hoping for an update soon so I know what to do with my pre-orders at EB Games. I may have to cancel one just to make sure I get the other and if I know I can get all of the content (minus the figurine) later then it would make my decision a whole lot easier.

No word yet guys, sorry! I haven’t forgotten about you here though. Just waiting to see how things shake out.

4 Likes

That and you guys have pAX East coming up. Gotta plan those release parties, man

1 Like

I would like to poke this topic too as it is important to my decision on witch copy to purchase before the release date.

3 Likes

I’d like to bump this too! It’s definitely a huge factor if you can’t upgrade to Digital Deluxe later! Srsly want to preorder asap haha. :smiley:

To be honest I would just get the digital upgrade for Battleborn… I was once excited for the figures as well…till I saw some unboxings and boy do the faces look derpy as ■■■■, terrible quality figures. Love the game, hate the figurines.

Granted there are exceptions, Orendi and Miko look already because ya know you can’t see the derp face. Poor thorn. Oh and the figurines are random so good luck.

Sources:

I honestly do not understand why the hell anyone would by a physical copy in our days.
As if mankind did not wreck up this planet enough already.
If I was to decide I would altogether ban physical on disc copies of digital content.

The one and only argument pro physical copy is the “job” of the game store employee.
But are these jobs worth the waste they produce?

These jobs will, hopefully, eventually disappear the same way horse carriages drivers are rare these days (as are mass amounts of horse shit on the streets). You might argue that we now have cars polluting the air instead of horses. And you are right on that but the more appropriate picture would be if someone would invent beaming technology and people would insist on polluting the air with their cars.

So I hope you get the point. Just buy digital. Help your planet and enjoy the extra benefits.

No. I like my records. I like my CDs. I like my books. I like my games in cases. I can’t put a digital copy on the shelf in my recreation room. Collectors collect. Nothing is going to landfill because the older it gets the better it is.

My wife would agree though. She hates that I still have my Atari games and 1st ed D&D. :smile:

2 Likes

I like having the disks simply from I have purchased too many digital copies of games and never played them again after the first month and like to at least have the option of trading them back in.

Digital Deluxe Edition includes:

Battleborn the game
Season Pass with all five DLC packs and instant access to heroes 26-30 upon their release
Taunts for Oscar Mike, Miko, Caldarius, Phoebe, and Orendi
“Cyber” character skin for Oscar Mike, Miko, Caldarius, Phoebe, and Orendi
3 Legendary Gear packs
Golden pedestal during character select
Golden Battleborn logo on title screen

Link