Director’s Cut – Behind the Scenes footage

So I guess more of this will be included in the dlc.

10 Likes

I forgot all about the extra behind the scenes stuff that was coming with the DLC lol… when I watched this earlier all I thought was “what does this have to do with Director’s Cut??” Now I get it…

Cool stuff nonetheless

:rofl: you think it’s a dinosaur? it is actually a chair

2 Likes

Sounds and music plays a big part of a game. It’s crazy how creative these guys can be, you wouldn’t even imagine you’re “fighting with a chair” or “a dog”. All my respect goes to them.

4 Likes

If they gave a dog a treat to record skag eating and growling sounds, how did they record skag crying, whimpering and dying sounds…? :flushed:

IT’S A JOKE, DON’T FLAG ME.

Anyway, I actually really like this kind of stuff, I hope there’s going to be a hefty amount of similar behind the scenes content in the Cut.

1 Like

According to one of the devs around the game launch, they recorded one of their own dogs (a puppy iirc?) doing the crying and whimpering sounds while it was being a bit emotional - they didn’t actually do anything to make the dog upset.

6 Likes

I’m glad to know that, my first assumption would’ve been stock sound effects.

You do know that they are selling you sound effects as dlc content right ?

4 Likes

It’s behind the scenes and making of footage, people have been selling it since VHS existed.

5 Likes

For that matter, they also sold us sound effects as a game. I’m going to hold off on judging the Director’s Cut as a DLC until I see exactly what the finished content contains. I’m a bit dubious about the ‘behind the scenes’ stuff being included, but if the playable content is worth the price I won’t quibble about some extras any more than I would about similar content on a Director’s cut DVD for a movie.

6 Likes

It’s your money .

1 Like

Another video added to first post.

1 Like

And I’ve more than had my fun and got my monies worth with BL3… I’ll definitely buy it on steam, too… Just because.

2 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Bad Posts (for individual posts not topics)

Let’s keep the off-topic personal stuff out of the thread, eh? The forum rules cover what you should do rather than derail things (further). Ta muchly.

1 Like

The videos ARE interesting but sadly strike me as a distraction from their lack of interest in improving the game. “Hey! Look over here…” etc.

1 Like

imagine paying for this stuff :slight_smile: they literally upload it to youtube now

6 Likes

It is really cool stuff (especially because I’m a sound effects nerd), but on the other hand when this was first leaked/announced/whatever a few months ago I was like “yeah this is like bluray bonus disk stuff no one ever watches except once when they happen come across it on youtube because someone else happened to upload it”

I honestly don’t like how this kind of content is included in paid DLC instead of playable game content. This is stuff better off just released into the youtube wild for free (and let’s be honest, it’s all gonna end up there.) Gearbox wants feedback and that’s mine regarding this.

But regarding this DLC, it looks like the Ava murder mystery missions encompass a bunch of new maps which will hopefully make it about the size of other DLC (at least the size of Krieg, heh). Hopefully there are some cool bosses and loot to farm in those maps. Throw in the raid boss and the other goodies and it all should be decent enough hopefully. (Stop… saying… hopefully…)

5 Likes

my personal wish was that they would just add some overall stuff across the entirety of the game like
make vermivorous a thing with evolving ( reworked evolving) varkids
give us like 2-3 more invincebles, add 1-2 more trials and circles, add maybe a few new enemy types like a shiny skag, or rare enemy types, just add overall small stuff that you can run into

there ARE games that do this, and just add stuff to the overworld that you can encounter at random
a borderlands thing in the past was tubby enemies,

like every time you solve a mystery you activate the spawn of some new feature to the game, like an eridian enemy evolver which is a beam type weapon that doesnt take space, and that does evolve enemies, like goliaths and so on, but it eats eridium as you use it

then add perhaps an eridium annoint reroller
and so on

Yeah I really wish each of the released DLC had its own slaughter. Even though a lot of the DLC mobs are base game reskins (not a thing exclusive to BL3 mind you) it would still be cool to fight waves of Hyperion bots in DLC1. :smiley:

I suppose they could still go back and add a slaughter map to each DLC at some point, if they wanted.

5 Likes