Disappointed in Fl4ks bot pet (4th skill tree)

Random but calling it now: Iron Cub won’t have hardpoints. It’ll just have little vladof guns you can’t change and the augments will just be flat duration and damage like FL4K’s pet gets.

2 Likes

Yea easier to make a new strong pet then probably deal with the mess that is Fl4k’s other pets. Either way best keep expectations low remember what happened with Tr4iner.

2 Likes

I know IB has been buffed really good. So the pets remained as is since DLc2?

Pets haven’t gotten any buffs since M4 (November of last year). Just bug fixes and scaling. Of course, new bugs have also been introduced that have gutted some of them so that’s cool…

1 Like

really? I have no trouble playing him even on m10.

Its not Fl4k that is the problem its their pet which is useless without red fang, damage from pets are negligible even when one fully invests in it, and the AI is bare minimum at best and completely stupid. The only pet that is worth a damn is the jabber and spiderant if your using boomer’s build [Build] Killer Queen - M10 Billion Damage Pet which can be very inconsistent at least from my experience. As far as a pet classes goes they are lacking severely and its a damn shame its been a year with barley to no improvements for them at least on purpose. There was that little moment with spiderant scorcher but that was snuffed out immediately.

1 Like

the pets arent awful for me at least after the last fix. it helped a lot but yah they need more love.

1 Like

Personally I’d like a flying pet. So that it would stay the hell away from me and stop getting in the way of ammo crates and doorways. :rage:

1 Like

same for drops too.
plus itd synergize well with rakk imo

2 Likes

Bro! You trying to say a midget robot was the better choice over all the awesome creatures in the borderlands universe? Especially when there are freaking alien dinosaurs! I’m pretty sure it’s obvious which one was the better choice.

1 Like

The developers explained their choice in one of the Bordercasts I believe. The person responsible for skill trees talked about how they landed on a loader bot. He mentioned that they wanted to go with a Saurian but felt like people wanted to see a loader bot. Yeah Saurian would have been cool. Thrashers weren’t even in BL3 , which in itself is puzzling and disappointing.

Bruh. I’m already sad, I didn’t need to read this.

2 Likes

I don’t know who they asked, but you have to be crazy to want a robot over a dinosaur! Heck, I’d have bought it if it was one even though I have no interest in any of the other stuff.

2 Likes

Honestly, I’m not surprised gearbox hardly talks to fans. Every time they do, they reveal just how out of touch they are.
Clearly they didn’t ask every player, but the fact he says he feels like that’s what people want suggests they have no data, cus they didn’t ask ANYONE.
Personally, I’d have preferred the dino, most people voicing an opinion would have preferred a dino and I suspect most players in general would be the same.

Agree. I suspect it was all the positive feedback they received about Loaderbot’s role in Tales From the Borderlands. Plus I recall a lot of hype and speculation about whether FL4K was Loaderbot. It makes sense they would go in that direction. Hard to please all of the millions of fans that play this game.

1 Like

Exactly! I know this might be a bit much to some but I was so disappointed by this I kinda dropped FL4K as a main because of it.

2 Likes

Same

2 Likes

I’m still disappointed that the loader bot pet isn’t just straight up Jimmy J3NK1N5. I mean you see his “have you seen this lost bot?” posters everywhere in BL2 and he pops up once in a while as an LLM… it just would have been cool to have this poor lil lost bot having finally found a good home with FL4K heh.

3 Likes

I agree, Jimmy J3NK1N5 would have been a strong enough reference to ease my disappointment about the little bot.

I’m 100% certain they did NOT ask for very many fan opinions for this conclusion.

1 Like

Well the Beastmaster is a robot and you think animals fit more to a robot than an actual robot? Ok explain please how a mashine trains animals makes more sense than training minor mashines.