This all started with a misinterpretation. When I discovered these forums and saw this thread, I jumped to conclusions and thought, “Oh hey, the Bitch must be a great gun for Gaige!” Anyway, playing around with the Bitch got me to take advantage of Discord more often.
Anyway, now I’m on OP4 and of course everything’s getting tougher. So, is Discord looping stiill viable in OP levels? I’d rather not spec back into a high anarchy build if I don’t have to. If Discord looping is still viable, I’d like to know how I can improve my build.
- A low-Anarchy version of draug’s Killer Rain build from his Slag, Wind, and Fire
- Deathtrap’s role is to distract flesh-strippers, wound-salters, rabid mutts, and other annoyances. Either he kills them, or he keeps them stationary long enough for me to electrocinerate them.
- The two points in TI are purely to get 5/5 in Nth Degree
- 1/5 in FM because in co-op, I can’t always get consistent BSS procs
- 9/5 in IO because 10/5 in More Pep brings the slag chance to 108%, if I did the math right.
- Either 5/5 in Nth, or 1/5 in Nth and 4/5 in UF
Slot 1: Long-range
- Barking Storm: The gun that made UVHM fun for me. What’s that, it’s underleveled? MOAR ANARCHY! That said, I find it most effective when using it like a rifle with Discord, since the orbs aren’t that strong on their own.
- Tumtum Muckamuck: For shock-resistant enemies. Jakobs grip for power, Dahl stock for recoil recovery. Recoil is still a bit much, but the Prodigy COM and a Jakobs relic makes it more tolerable.
- Pimpernel: I am terrible with this gun even on Zer0, and I dislike it too much to practice with it. But my Pimp is corrosive, and I keep it around in case of Constructors.
- Banbury Snider * Seems to match the power of a Corinthian (my old favorite) while also having significantly less recoil
Slot 2: Mid-range
- Bitch: A perfect gun for Discord! Back in OP2, I specced briefly into Shock Storm, just to see how often I was landing crits, and I could proc it semi-consistently. Also, I love how it sounds when TBH kicks in
- Emperor: Doesn’t have the precision of the Bitch, but it plays nicer with higher Anarchy, the bursts are fairly reliable, and the hip-fire rate is surprisingly decent. (Also, it’s OP4, my Bitch is still OP3)
- Hammer Buster: Also for shock-resistant enemies, but with a faster fire rate than my Muckamuck, and also more stable. I’ve actually found myself using this more often than the Muckamuck lately
- Patrol Minigun: Still playing around with this one
Slot 3: Close Range
- Thunderball Fists: goddamn I love this gun so much. Potent instead of Binary so that I have a little more control of what I’m bombarding, especially in co-op
- Kitten: I usually don’t like relying on Moxxi guns, but the wide spread is nice when everything gets too close for comfort. Sort of. Maybe I can move this down
Slot 4: Point Blank
- Twister: This is my weapon of last resort. I love this gun to death, but it is Lv72 and I’m now on OP4. I got it as a gift and I’m not confident enough in my abilities to farm up a Twister on my own, so if anyone can suggest an alternative, that would be great
- Black Hole
- Purple amp shield: The Bee feels like overkill and I’m not fond it in the first place
- Storm Front
- Lightning Bolt
- Sticky Homing Shock Transfusion
- Legendary Catalyst: For 100% slag on IO, and electric burn
- Peppy Prodigy: For use with Muckamuck
- Bone of the Ancients: When going LBT
Probably a lot of stuff that doesn’t make sense in this build, hopefully I can get some pointers on what to prune out. Additionally, of the guns I tried and was not able to make use of, I would appreciate pointers on using those guns (except for the Pimpernel–sorry!)
Some thoughts on how I use the Storm: Though I recognize the astounding damage potential of the Storm’s orbs with Gaige, because I play at low anarchy, the bullet is just as impotant as the orbs. So it’s better if I hit the enemy with the bullet, score a critical hit, and let the orbs manage themselves. I am also more likely to land crits on enemies while they are being shocked by the orbs, leading me to suspect that the orbs very briefly interrupt movement.