Dismiss new topics not working

I’m using Opera on my PC and the Gearbox app on my phone, and the “dismiss new topics” button doesn’t work on either of them. Is this a known issue? I’ve cleared my cache to no avail.

2 Likes

The same problem pops up with Chrome on my cell phone.

1 Like

Same here on PC and tablet using Firefox. Started like 4 days ago.

1 Like

I noticed the same thing and figured out how to dismiss new topics. You have to click the topic button just above the listed topics, this will pop out check boxes and 2 buttons (select all and clear all). You then hit select all, then the dismiss all button will work (in the dismiss button, it’ll say how many you have checked to be dismissed).

4 Likes

Thanks. It’s a bit annoying that change was made without a heads-up.

1 Like

That solution works well for Firefox on PC.

Not so much with Chrome on my cellphone, since the topic button doesn’t appear there. I still have to click through the new topics whether it’s interesting or not.

1 Like

It works for Opera on PC, but I still can’t dismiss new topics on my phone. I think CodingHorror either left Discourse or changed his name because I can’t ping him to ask him about this. :frowning:

I pinged one of the devs at Discourse, and they’re looking into it as apparently it’s not working completely as intended.

BTW CodingHorror is the CEO of Discourse; they’ve been cleaning up accounts across their hosted sites which is probably why he can’t be pinged any more. I think as an organization Discourse is a bit bigger than it was when we first made the platform switch!

Edit: It appears that the button icons for the page controls aren’t showing at the moment. This has been added to the list of Things To Look At™.

2 Likes

Just wanted to say that it is working again, atleast for me.

1 Like