DLC 2: Call of the Deep quest Glitch

In Borderlands 3’s new DLC, the new Call of the Deep quest has a glitch where if you die as Omen is saying he’s gonna pull out Fish Brother, the quest glitches, Omen never pulls out the fish, and you are unable to continue, leaving the Watch Fish Brother Make Entrance objective unchecked forever. Saving and quitting does not work in my experience, and neither does restarting the game.

Solution/Edit: I’m still awaiting a response from 2K Support from the ticket I submitted to bring this issue to 2K’s attention, but I was able to find a solution thanks to the comments on this post that worked. Fast travel from Skittermaw Basin to the Lodge, fast travel back to Skittermaw Basin, WALK all the way to the objective marker, and Omen should reel the fish back up. Credit goes to @jchturnbull. If anyone is still having this glitch/issue despite this solution, make sure to post it here to let me and others to know and to also submit a request to 2K Support on their website.

4 Likes

Hey there,

I’m sorry to hear about the issue. We’d like to see if we can perform some troubleshooting with you as well as documenting this issue. If you don’t mind please submit a ticket to 2K Support, an Agent there should be able to assist! You can reach 2K Support using this link: https://support.2k.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360000889214

1 Like

I submitted a ticket 4 hours ago along with this post and have been awaiting an email from support back ever since. Thank you for your response and I will continue to wait for a response from support.

2 Likes

Happening on XBox also. And I didn’t die before he asked me to watch.

3 Likes

Yeah the same thing here

2 Likes

Also on ps4. Glad I’m not the only one to have the problem

2 Likes

I’m having the same problem on ps4 but I fell in the hole right before lmao

4 Likes

Me too ahahah
But many had the same bug without fall

2 Likes

Same here. I didn’t die either, ps4.

2 Likes

Same here

1 Like

Me too i hope a hotfix is applied

1 Like

Yeah me too - have logged a ticket. Any updates on this? Frustrating as it’s the last side mission I have left.

1 Like

I’ve sent a ticket but no reply by now…
Fortunately with my other character the mission is ok.

1 Like

Managed to complete it last night.

I fast travelled from Skittermaw Basin to the Lodge, then fast travelled back to Skittermaw Basin. I then walked to the objective marker and the NPC reeled the fish up a few moments later. I tried it a few times before it worked, but I always drove there, which it didn’t like. Might have just got lucky, but worth a shot for those who are still stuck.

5 Likes

Worked first try for me. Just ran from Cursehaven Gandola’s FTS straight to the mission and it worked. Thanks.

The mission seems to just really not like you using a vehicle it seems.

I’m having this same issue. What info do you need to assist? I’m on ps4

I actually cannot provide Official Troubleshooting via the Forums due to certain limitations and agreements but I’d recommend reaching out to 2K Support via the link in my earlier response!

Information that could be helpful for them:

1. A quick Summary of the Issue
  2. Methods you’ve attempted to resolve the issue
  3. What was happening right before you saw the issue
  4. A short clip of the issue in-game (if possible)

It also worked for me. I spawned into the Skittermaw Basin - Clan Amourette Fast Travel and ran over and it worked with no hesitation. Just don’t use a vehicle. Thank You @jchturnbull

2 Likes

Awesome! Can confirm running over to the objective without using a vehicle progresses the mission perfectly.

1 Like

Also succeeded in doing the mission tonight. Drove a vehicle there and only used it to travel to farther points during the mission. Killed everything from on foot.
On Xbox One