DLC 2 & Mayhem Mode 2.0 speculation

Don’t be a Steve. Always use Spoiler tags.

The 27th is almost upon us, and with it comes the announcement of DLC 2 and Mayhem Mode 2.0. I’m wondering what the community thinks will be included, and what you hope will be added?

DLC 2 & Mayhem Mode 2.0 Spekulation

Ich hoffe nur das Beste :+1:
Drachenfestung mit Tiny Tina wär Super… :blush:

1 Like

I am just waiting to hear what they say.
I am very curious about the new DLC.
They came out on-fire with the Moxxi DLC, so set a pretty high bar for themselves.
I hope the next one is at the minimum as good as Moxxi, if not better.

3 Likes

Borderland’s DLC seem to be more interesting than the main story missions anyway.

Mayhem 2.0 should be interesting. I’m hoping the devs decide to work on a revamped Guardian Rank 2.0 because players will eventually reach max level 850 at some point.

2 Likes

They really did! hopefully they can continue on with this kind of quality!

yeah! I think that during the February Borderlands show there was some talk about expanding it with new perks! It will be cool to see what Gearbox decides to do with both of these systems!

Extra perks is good, hopefully they don’t arrive broken. I’m hoping they add a sort of prestige system where once you hit level 850 you can reset your whole progress and get a medal or a star with your prestige level. Rewards can be skins, heads etc

Moxxi’s heist is good. Lack of missions compared to BL2’s DLC but I’m glad the quest quality is better and it’s not mostly fetch or kill a target quests with no story or purpose like half the quests on previous titles. The only thing I wish for was a invincible boss raid or a loader Circle of Slaughter for the DLC end game but we can’t have everything right? Maybe they will add those later down the line.

1 Like

Mayhem 5.

1 Like

I would love more unlocks led in terms of cosmetics!

I’m agree! beyond these two, the DLC was as close as it could be to the quality i had hoped for!

If they announce the ability to replay individual quests and missions, I’ll be a happy bunny if I can farm a Scoville etc.

Beyond that I just want to be surprised (In a good way).

3 Likes

Idk why i never thought of this! it’s a phenomenal idea! i’d also like a way to farm the Bekah through actual gameplay :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I am most interested in Mayhem 2.0 and to see if the DLC comes with any new end game missions, like another Takedown.

I am really hoping to see a major over-haul to the Mayhem system, with smarter modifiers and also a much more granular approach to the scaling, instead of the massive jump between 3 and 4. I’d much rather see something like 10 Mayhem modes with a 100% increase in enemy stats between each mode, rather than a 700% increase between two modes.

2 Likes

I feel like there is a really good chance that they are gonna decide to implement certain modifiers that aren’t necessarily just positive and negative stat boosts. They could create a real Mayhem mode where sometimes enemies are all on fire, or bullets become paints all’s. These are probably terrible ideas but i think they get my point across!

This was definately a steep difficulty curve! i’m interested to see what they’ve done with it!

That’s a good idea for solo players but that would drastically increase the time it would take to find players via the matchmaking

2 Likes

I hadn’t even thought about the differences between the solo and coop Mayhem Experience!

Mayhem 5 has already been discussed as a big no in another thread. Actions skills, vehicles etc would struggle with the extra difficulty and buffing them would upset the game balance.

We will have to wait for Mayhem 2.0

1 Like

I’ll rather see M4 have the same health, shields etc as M3 but the AI behave much more intelligently and aggressive. Just buffing health, shield etc is a poor way to go about adding difficulty.

1 Like

Oboeshoestwo is posting this week on youtube a “twitch chat modifier” run of BL2 (using an ad-hoc made mod) which is hilarious and literally chaos. Some modifiers are just horrible, but the spirit of it is exactly what I would love to have in a MH 2.0 mode.

2 Likes

One of my favorite BL2 mods (though I never used it, I always got a big lol out of the results of others using it) was the enemy randomizer one. Literally any enemy, raid boss included, could spawn anywhere an enemy spawned. Nothing quite like seeing BNK3R spawn with a Constructor instead of one of the attached autocannons. Seeing Terramorphous just out in the middle of Three Horns. The enemy AI looks like it could be broken in several cases but it was still hilarious. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I gotta tell those folk to git gud.

1 Like

Different perspectives and difficulty thresholds are what holds this community together :joy:

1 Like