DLC 3 - Riding to Ruin quest bugged - cannot complete story

I’m stuck where i have to follow the posse. Instead of following them i did side quests, now that i finished the side quests i have gone to where they are all standing but that is all that is happening. I read that the entry is supposed to be bombed so i can enter the area but no one moves… no matter how many times i talk to the NPCs, i’ve zoned out and back in, tried going back to the beginning of the zone and travelling by vehicle to the quest destination, quit and reloaded. The 2 parts of the quest aren’t ticked, and can’t change that - sorry being vague to avoid spoilers. I have read others are also having this issue, and potential fix is to play the DLC with someone who hasn’t completed the story but i play solo so cannot attempt this.

I’ve managed to use my vehicle to force jump my way in to the area but cannot enter the next zone (refer screenshot!)

1 Like

im having the same problem ,did everything that you did hope we both get it fixed

1 Like

I have the same bug… I’m happy :frowning:

1 Like

I have the same problem. Is there anything you can do to help solve the problem? Uploading some Data for example?

1 Like

Unfortunately if quit-reload doesn’t work, the only work-around at this point is to join the game of someone else who is about to do the same quest, and get through the door at least with them.

I’d also suggest filing a support ticket if possible, describing what you did before attempting to continue the story. Some script trigger is obviously getting skipped by leaving to go do other stuff first. There is some dialogue that happens before Juno sticks the bomb on the door, so it looks like that only plays if you go straight through with the mission.

1 Like

FYI I also logged a ticket with 2K support and they have responded with:

" Thank you for reaching out to us at 2K Support Station, here on Pandora!

I hope this email finds you well! I’m this station’s CL4P-TP steward robot called KT-3R1NA , here to assist your every need!

My circuits are detecting a series of unfortunate events leading up to your “Riding to Ruin” mission not progressing properly, but don’t worry my dear recruit! We’ll get to the bottom of this together!

Thanks to Vault Hunters like yourself, we’ve been able to collect enough info about this issue to notify the development team, and they’re currently looking into it. I can assure you that the developer team has been notified of this, marked it in their database and will handle it accordingly as soon as possible.

Unfortunately, I cannot say, when and how this will be handled as on our support side we cannot see the progress of the developer team, but rest assured all possible steps have been taken on all sides to notify the appropriate people to look into this matter."

1 Like

So, the Bug Bounty has been set, the Wanted posters distributed, and the intrepid GBX Bug Posse is out on the trail. Not sure when the next update is due to drop, and I don’t know if script issues can be addressed in hotfix, but fingers crossed for a rapid solution.

1 Like

Patch released https://borderlands.com/en-US/news/2020-07-09-borderlands-3-hotfixes-july-9/

I still dont seem to have any a way for the wall to be blown up. Anyone else confirm whether this patch worked for them?

There’s nothing in that hotfix that would change the issue you currently have. My guess is you’ll either have to wait for the next proper udpate (which seem to drop towards the end of the month) or run the mission in someone else’s game.

3 Likes

New hotfix bug the bug is always here…

2 Likes

Did you managed to skip this bug? I’m still stucked…

1 Like

No, this is still a bug - i cannot complete the DLC either…
My ticket with 2K has been closed because it’s been classified as a known bug, but still no ETA on when this will be resolved (poor support by 2K)

6 Likes

its really sad to think about this has been a bug since the dlc launched and we are already close to the next dlc and they still have not fixed it months later. shame on them for paying more attention to dumb anniversary ingame events rather than fixing game breaking issues

5 Likes

I’ve sent messages to Randy Pitchford, Borderlands, Gearbox and 2K repeatedly and have only been ignored. Never buying a BL game again, and certainly never buying a season pass in full ahead of release ever again.

3 Likes

Just checked and it’s still bugged for me too. I’m certainly not going to buy the new DLC until a fix comes out that allows me to finish this one first that doesn’t resort to finding a random online that happens to be at the exact quest part I need them to be at.

4 Likes

Absolutely crazy that DLC4 has been released yet some of us still can’t complete DLC3.
I have submitted a request for a follow up with 2K on my ‘resolved’ bug submission/ticket.

I’m guessing the response will not be quick though as I have received an auto reply “Currently, we’re experiencing a high volume of tickets, which means reply times may be longer than initially expected”.
I’m currently playing through DLC4 and I have had a couple of bugged quests already where i’ve had to quit/reload to be able to proceed - another buggy DLC, one i hope i can complete

3 Likes

thats the exact reason why im not touching the game or the new DLC since i cant even finish the last DLC.

i mean how hard would it be to implement a (if quest is bugged go to a vendor or NPC or even in the dang quest list menu itself to reset said broken/bugged quest to a non started state.)

3 Likes

asked for a follow up, got told there is no update on the bug but to keep and eye out still on social media and update notes…

1 Like

I’ve still not heard anything and not seen anything in any notes - anyone else?

1 Like

No. Very poor.

2 Likes