DLC 3 - Riding to Ruin quest bugged - cannot complete story

Same exact issue here. I stopped playing months ago out of frustration that I could not complete this DLC. Jumped back in today hoping I could complete what I started yet the bug still persists. What is so insurmountable about this particular bug that it takes months to resolve?

1 Like

Yeah I’m not sure… I guess their focus has been and still is on new content. I’ve stopped playing, had enough of waiting for the bug to be resolved and wont be buying any new content - sad a simple bug stopped me playing what I called my favourite franchise, actually the terrible support…

You know what Gearbox, I’m done. I’ve given this enough time and I’m not going to throw more money at you. Not even a single message saying I somehow screwed up. Good luck on future games.

1 Like

Yeah. Me and sister haven’t been playing since we want to beat the DLC before starting another one. Wild how this is still not fixed

1 Like

This occurred to me to. Tho I don’t get the point of people stop playing just cuz of this… I was upset but whatever, Dlc3 boss is just a fat mass of hp and I got other classes ( and tvhm for that matter) where I had the chance to complete it. Gbx should be really doing something for softlocks like this

1 Like

Why would such a simple bug go un repaired for months?

Also I really don’t appreciate the fact that they closed my help ticket on it just because I didn’t respond to their email saying “we’re working on it.” That doesn’t mean it is fixed! ??

2 Likes

Just happened to me on a second Moze. January 2021.🤷

1 Like

February 2021 bug is still happening. I’ve tried numerous times to join with other campaign players through the social menu and not once has it joined me with players work on this DLC let alone this quest. 90% of the time I’m grouped with people working on the love guns and tentacles DLC, which I haven’t even started in my play through. Hard to believe this bug persists and there’s no workaround for it like having gearbox revert you to the start of this mission.

2 Likes

May 23 the bug still happens. any answer?

1 Like

I’m doing this on PC. The bug I’m getting is that I see I can interact with the Catch-A-Ride with E, but doesn’t give me the Q option to spawn the vehicle. Is this the same bug? I’ve just been running around place to place and if lucky I take over any NPCs that drive around.

Has the latest update fixed this at all? I’m on PS5 and have the exact same issue! Everyone is just stood outside the final area repeating the same dialogue. Infuriating to pay for DLC and then be unable to finish it.

1 Like

There was nothing in the patch notes about this specific quest as fas as I can recall. You can find the notes over in the BL3 News section.

2 Likes

How is this quest still bugged almost a year after release? This isn’t some side quest it’s literally the quest you need to finish the dlc!

My moze is so upset. I started tvhm with her just to complete the DLC