DLC new playable characters

The funny thing is, I’d disagree on TPS. I don’t think TPS needed DLC Vault Hunters, what it needed was more campaign content. TPS was already a smaller game than BL2’s base game, and rather than the DLC trying to expand TPS into a more sizable experience, instead it had 2 new characters which just made you replay what was already there. But I guess making 2 new VHs was easier to do than making 2 more campaign DLCs.

I think you are right, BL3 doesn’t need a massive roster. But I do think that if the game is say, 1.5x the size of BL2, or perhaps even twice the size of BL2, it can justify adding in 4 new VHs as well as the season pass of campaign DLCs.

1 Like

Honestly, I could do without a character that which has one full skill tree dedicated to one specific gun type. Unless they have skill choices in said skill tree that you can take that focus on other (more universal) things, such as reload speed, I would feel severely limited by that character and completely neglect them as I did with Zer0.

Zer0 is amongst the most versatile classes in the franchise. He has a Sniper tree, yes, but most of that tree really benefits all guns. Headshot is better for regular guns (because the crit bonus is less beneficial on snipers), as is Killer and Vel0city. One shot one kill is amazing with your quad and triple barreled shotties. And not to mention the whole middle tree just works to make him a beast with any weapon capable of scoring critical hits (which is almost every decent weapon in BL2 anyway). As a general gun class, his potency easily exceeds Maya and Axton. Of course, Critical Ascensi0n makes him potentially far more potent with snipers, but then you are talking about some of the highest DPS possible in the game without glitches. I highly recommend you give him another go. There’s good reason why many consider Zer0 the best class in the franchise.

2 Likes

I really feel like maybe Fiona will be a playable. they haven’t shown her and last she was shown becoming a vault hunter and even finding her first vault. wishful thinking maybe

2 Likes

I’m not saying Zer0 is bad or unversatile. Quite the contrary. I’ve seem them one shot Terra with a pistol. I just don’t ENJOY playing him. I’ve played him to OP 8 and I had fun doing it for the most part. In the end, however, Zer0 just isn’t my style and his skill trees just feel kinda… “meh” for me when compared to other character’s trees like Gaige’s Anarchy or Maya’s Motion/Cata combo. I just never feel like I’m getting “more powerful” (even if I most certainly am) or that it feeds my specific method of play, I guess.

I also feel like Zer0 is a GEAR type character. You need to give them the right equipment for them to compete and excel. It’s mostly just my playstyle and headspace honestly. I found myself neglecting Zer0 more because of his Action Skill and awkward melee/gun combo which I just can’t adjust to rather than his Sniping skill tree specifically.

My main beef when it comes to the dedicated skill trees is Aurelia… Love Cold Money, but I need more that one skill tree to work with. I mean, I get it though. You can’t please everyone and some characters will have gimmicks. I’m not going to love playing every single character I ever run across.

1 Like

This would be worth a few hundred bucks. I think they are completely turning the tables on characters. I think the assassin and hunter will be the healers I think, surely one of fl4ks pets will be a healer. The siren is a berserker. Moze seems to be the soldier class but not sure what else.

I think going to different worlds also helps them to pack in the ever growing number of characters people want to see. I think each planet is going to have its own group of NPCs.

As someone who likes the characters and lore, I do get the feeling that is you have certain favourites, you may not be getting much more than a cameo from them.

1 Like

I’d like to see a character with some focus on grenades. I would love to see the ability to cycle between 2 or 3 grenade types without going into your inventory. And maybe some skills for regenerating grenades.

I think it would be interesting if we got a sereph character. Remember we were told to fear their return.

2 Likes

Who do you think the DLC characters are going to be? Or do you have any good Ideas for DLC characters?

3 Likes

Personally I’m hoping for a character that focuses on explosives like grenades, rocket launchers and maybe even Torgue weapons.

3 Likes

Maybe a class that synergies well with some of the new weapons or elements (like Aurelia with snipers and Cryo) It depends on what will be missing in the default 4, and what will be well recieved by the community.
I do hope we get a support/healing tree in at least 1 or 2 of the classes.

From WHO the DLC classes will be - Well there are a few Vault Hunters that didn’t appear in the trailer. Also, some of the Vault Hunters have relations to persons we know about, but have never seen. (eg. Gaiges Dad (unlikely tho), Axtons wife, etc)
but since the 4 new classes were mostly unrelated to any existing classes, that might very well be the case for DLC classes

1 Like

Maybe someone similar to Tina. I know they already had Krieg but maybe someone who specializes in explosives and Torgue weapons. Also someone with science-related powers like Prof. Tannis or Gladstone from BL2

2 Likes

Yea, it would be AWESOME to be able to play as Tina, but that would ruin having her as an AI.

1 Like

Eridian alien character.

6 Likes

Like a Siren?

1 Like

Eridian Alien like this? 400px-BorderlandsPreSequel_The_Alien

4 Likes

wouldn’t that ruin Guns? like who the frick needs guns whe he can have… BRAIN KILLING POWERS?

3 Likes

I agree, one of the guardians would make a great DLC character. Maybe with limited siren-like powers as well as proficient with alien weaponry or something of that nature…or even a mix of everything we see in the vault hunters but limited so as to even play balance

2 Likes

Who needs guns when you have siren powers that can melt someone’s face off, or a mech the size of a small house? lol

3 Likes

i agree… kind of. i truly can see Moze run through the game without picking up a single gun if the Mech is well balanced. And if the cooldown doesn’t suck
same with Amara