[DLC] The Underdome 2.0

(Shining Moonlight Nova) #81

I really like the tunnels, they introduce an interesting dynamic feature. Also, good job on the new, “little” friends, looking forward to seeing them in the full release.
I’ll test the Spiderants now, I hope to reach Round 20 for a complete impression.

Edit: Problem. I got into a round with the Shotgun Challenge and Body Shot modifiers. On normal enemies without a Shotgun, crits would heal enemies, apparently the crit modifier became negative. On Spiderant Badasses even Shotgun crits would heal them, only melee dealt normal crit damage. DOTs and body shots were the only way to deal damage to them but they have huge resistances to both.
I used Moxxi gear for this, didn’t think about using other stuff. Sorry about that.

Aside from that, the crit modifiers for BA Spiderants were quite reasonable. And here is some lol:

(Greybeard) #82

cyody & I replayed The Scraphole independently. Things are now worse! cyody got to Round 5 before he had to give up. I only managed the Badass Wave of Round 2 before I ran out of SMG ammo! Unfortunately, my recording got corrupted and I can’t post it here. Definitely something strange going on :confused:

(Dopefiend) #83

Oh dear, I think I now know why they decided against spiderants in the original Underdome. I will have to do some more fiddling around, I will keep you all posted.

(Greybeard) #84

Please don’t let this deflect you from your 5th arena. As I’ve said before, it’s going to be a minority who do the 20 rounds. Put your limited time into what will please the most of your “users” :smile: However, if you do crack it, I’ll definitely be back for another go. Thanks for all the fun to date.

(Shining Moonlight Nova) #85

Earlier today I completed 5 rounds in all arenas and all Ticket side missions as a Siren. Gotta say, It was a lot of fun.
With chances of getting some great Moxxi gear and GJ’s gear per round there was quite some motivation to keep going. Unfortunately, things could become quite troublesome with Spiderants if the wrong modifiers arrive. Fortunately, it doesn’t happen very often with only 5 rounds. I really hope there’s something that can be done here.
Nonetheless, you did a great job here. I am looking forward to what else you come up with and killing some dwarves!

<3

(I wish we could have the Grog Nozzle in this game too. Not the healing, that’s stupid, just the drunkness and completely absurd additional projectiles. I would imagine it to be very tough to do, if not outright impossible. Excuse my rambling)

(Matrixneo42) #86

Do the mobs give XP (experience) or drop loot? I searched this thread to see if anyone else asked that.

(Dopefiend) #87

Yes the mobs should give experience, as for weapons they will only drop loot if you are using weapon packs created by @Mr_GJ otherwise the only loot drops appear at the end of a round at the central spawn area.

(haha - nailed it!) #88

hi i was playing v2 but just installed v4 - I’m hoping that won’t cause problems as the mission board is still ok i think - i’ve completed the first bog mission, and currently playing the first scraphole mission and i also inadvertently accepted the '2.0 prove yourself again mission but won;t try to play it

there’s a couple of blank missions which i assume show up once I’ve completed the scraphole?

a couple of things:

• did you know that not all the mission ‘target’ bosses show up during the first five rounds of a map so you have to go through the whole 5 rounds at least twice?

• also there still doesn’t seem to be a health vending machine anywhere - I’ve placed some health packs in the bank but it would still be good to have one.

great map though!

R

(Dopefiend) #89

The blank missions are placeholders for other missions and the boss missions can take a few rounds to complete because the bosses are chosen randomly. Also I didn’t even realize there is no health vending machine, thanks for catching that, I will have to add one.

(haha - nailed it!) #90

thanks for that

so i can see there’s a lance-related mission and an eridian-looking mission - they’re not on the bounty board but do i just play them anyway or do they pop up on the board at some point?

glad to hear about the health machine!

R

(haha - nailed it!) #91

Could you give us the full list of Moxxi weapons?

i have so far:

Hateful Heartbreaker
Lovely good touch
Lovely bad touch
Swift bad touch
Erupting creamer
Rotten Creamer

are there any more to get?

(Dopefiend) #92

These are the weapons followed by their possible prefixes.

• SMG
    • Bad touch
      • Swift
      • Cruel
      • Lovely
    • Good Touch
      • Swift
      • Cruel
      • Lovely
  • Shotgun
    • Heartbreaker
      • Gloomy
      • Crushing
      • Hateful
  • Rocket
    • Creamer
      • Rotten
      • Erupting
      • Flashy
  • Sniper
    • Chère-amie
      • Cauterizing
      • Corrupt
      • Also has a chance to drop non elemental type which just has bonus crit dmg

I believe that is all of them for now.

(haha - nailed it!) #93

cool, thanks!

yes I’d forgotten, I’ve seen the chere-amie but didn’t keep them

i was hoping you had a fire version of the smg but i guess i’ll stick with my trusty Combustion Hellfire instead :smile:

(Dopefiend) #94

Yeah I didn’t make a fire one for exactly that reason, the bad and good touch are suppose to be similar to the hellfire with different elemental effects. :smile:

(eoghanjenkinstoweoghan) #95

Can u get this on console

(Dopefiend) #96

All custom made content is only available for he PC. :cry:

(eoghanjenkinstoweoghan) #97

Awww

(haha - nailed it!) #98

is one of the shotguns explosive?

(Dopefiend) #99

All shotguns are fire.

(haha - nailed it!) #100

ok, that’s a shame i’d love to have an explosive heartbreaker - the good thing about explosive weapons is that nothing is immune to them

:sunglasses: