[DLC] The Underdome 2.0

(haha - nailed it!) #101

DF, did you ever finish your 'Choking Grounds' map (MS30)? if so post a link and I can add to the custom map list.

(Dopefiend) #102

As finished as it will ever be unfortunately. That was my first project I ever attempted in unreal and it falls short in too many ways for me to revive it in any way.

Here is a dropbox link to it.

(haha - nailed it!) #103

cool, thanks grinning

i really like it, though i found that i only got one mission from Scooter - he tells me to go to Marcus but Marcus doesn't have a mission - i'm guessing that's because it's unfinished?

still it's good to explore the map - for something quite small you've packed a lot in and it actually gets confusing to navigate around (in a good way!)

for some reason the mapslot file is Mapslot6 but it should be Mapslot30 - i know it's easy enough for someone to change the filename but maybe an idea to relabel the file before i add the link to the custom map list?

(Dopefiend) #104

Thanks for the compliment, and yeah it is just incomplete that is why the missions fall off.

I changed it to mapslot30 and it should still be under the same download link.

(haha - nailed it!) #105

thanks, it's added now

(haha - nailed it!) #106

also i took a look at the new area for the Underdone 2.0 - with the tracks and mineshafts - looks really good, had a couple of thoughts:

• some of the stone steps are too steep to run up and need to be jumped up which is kind of awkward or is that how you planned it?

• you've quite a few fires burning around the map and i wondered is it possible to have them do damage if you get too near? would be an added challenge!

(Dopefiend) #107

The stone steps haven't been made walking friendly yet and it is possible to add damage to the fires just like barrel fires in the original game.

(Angry Crux Azure Unit) #108

Question, how's the possible Claptrap arena coming along or has it been scraped/forgotten?

(Dopefiend) #109

It was only in the idea stage and I never went anywhere with it not to say that it is out of the question now.

(Angry Crux Azure Unit) #110

I bet a bunch of users would love a Claptrap arena.
Sure bosses aren't in too much abundance but there are INAC, Cluck-Trap and the Rakk Hive-Trap which are unique enough to be considered bosses.

(Dopefiend) #111

Yup, there is also the Knoxx-trap, Steele, Ned and what not. It is actually a really good idea; I will consider it once I have some spare time which I have not had lately.

(Angry Crux Azure Unit) #112

Forgot to add, if you make it outdoors you could maybe have clap-rakks join in on the hoard wave. Should make it interesting having Pyschos, Claptraps and rakks attacking at once smile_cat

(haha - nailed it!) #113

i don't get any crowd noises when i'm playing this which makes the atmosphere a bit odd - playing the original underdome again i realise that noise really adds to the tension

(Dopefiend) #114

Oh weird I thought I fixed that issue. Is that on all arenas?

(haha - nailed it!) #115

for me the only one with the crowd noise is the Bog - all the others are silent

btw i am STILL trying to complete the Scraphole Challenge which is proving difficult as Helob and Widowmaker still haven't shown up -- i promise i understand the concept of 'random' but are you sure you included them in the bosses?!

i also hit on another small glitch yesterday - i was in the third round of scraphole and the boss was (i think) Janis Kobb, plus he had a couple of 'bullies'

so i happened to kill Kobb first and at that point i got the weapons drop and Moxxi said it was the end of the round, but the bullies were still there (in fact they almost killed me as i was stopped in my place while the screen came up for the end of the round and they were still shooting me!)

so round 4 starts and i kill the two bullies at which point i get another weapons drop and Moxxi says again it's the end of the round - i then start round 5!

(haha - nailed it!) #116

one more thing - the noise from the 'Moxxi' SMGs is REALLY loud - at least 5-10% louder than any other weapon - it's a bit hard on the ears

(haha - nailed it!) #117

and how did you find find a voice so like Moxxi's - it's a dead ringer

(The Gun Smith himself! :D) #118

He got it from the game files. They are in there already. GBX planned on more arena's but they never got around doin' it.

(haha - nailed it!) #119

ah, ok - i figured he either tracked down THE girl or his gf had a very similar voice smiley

(Dopefiend) #120

That might be right I may have only added crowd ambient noise for the Bog, added to my to do list.

As for Widow Maker and Helob not showing up they are definitely in there at a 7.14% chance to spawn, but just to be sure maybe someone else can chime in and let us know if they have ever encountered this boss duo?

I have fixed the Jaynis Kobb issue. The spawner was not keeping count of the minions spawned and killed correctly therefore thinking the round was over once the boss was killed.

That thing about killing the two bullies counting as a round is just plain weird, but should be taken care of with the above fix.

Added to my to do list to reduce volume on Moxxi SMGS slightly.

I will have these issues taken care of with the next release of this project, thank you for the feedback. smiley

ah, ok - i figured he either tracked down THE girl or his gf had a very similar voice

Haha wouldn't that be awesome.