DLC3 heads? Farmable?

Does the Ruiner drop the heads through farming, or just in the initial mission fight? Because it dropped a Gunner head and I’m playing Zane.

1 Like

You can farm it.

1 Like

Is it better to farm on m0 for the heads? He’s dropping lots of legs but no heads.

1 Like

From my experience it doesn’t matter which mayhem level you’re on. 50+ kills on the Ruiner and he only dropped one head for me.

1 Like

Rip.

1 Like

The heads are extremely rare but I was able to farm all 4…took about 50+ Ruiner kills on M10.

They’re freakin worth it tho…best looking heads I’ve seen in.a minute…

Are there any pics online? Can’t find them anywhere

2 Likes

God this is like Borderlands 3 version of BNK3R isn’t it? It even has the annoying crack in the floor, omitting items.

Have probably killed this thing close to 20 times now and have not seen a single head just legendaries en masse.

I read online that all DLC bosses can actually drop everything and people got them from Quartermaster or Kormash, is this true? I know it is for the trinkets, decorations etc.

2 Likes

I got a Zane head from a random world drop, a Moze head from super turtle and that’s it. I’ve smacked him around a dozen times and no more heads, a couple room decorations and echo skins though. Just surly RNG.

I’ve got the Siren, and two Beastmasters, sitting in my backpack. Will try to farm later if I can’t get a trade.

Just got the Moze one dropped from a Badass Outlaw playing as Zane in NVHM, so much for all the Ruiner farming… :expressionless:

1 Like

It seems these can really drop from about anything although with a ridiculous small chance, I just got the FL4K one from a normal Devilrider enemy…

I also tried the Ruiner a good times more, to no avail. I don’t know, maybe the M10 loot quality “overides” the head drops because they are "just"purple drops? Given how it drowns you in legendaries each time.

1 Like

Played entire DLC with 4 characters…and only after 50+ Ruiner kills do I get 4

Takes me back to Vermivorous-farming for this head

1 Like

So Many Vermi kills… on My Krieg… just for that Head… When I saw it I felt it was destiny for me to have it… I still use it on my Krieg to this day… with " MY LEFT BOOB SAYS OBS " ( Its my favorite guns in BL2 Jakobs and TOURGE )

1 Like

do you still have a spare dlc3 fl4k head? I can trade Moze head or echo and room decor.

Ages ago, when I made this topic, yeah.

I don’t have them anymore.

1 Like

I actually assumed there weren’t any new heads with this dlc because I played through BoB on two characters and farmed different bosses and never saw one.

1 Like

I was around 230 runs before I got my first head on TVHM. If your planning on farming I highly recommend getting a one cycle build going ( a build that can kill the Ruiner before he goes under) as this will save you a ton of time.
If you have a good build it is also worth farming on M10 because you can get some amazing items like the Flipper and Lightshow.

1 Like

This is ridiculous, I understand that it’s rare but seriously I’ve killed ruiner over 70 time now and haven’t gotten a single head, and it’s only an epic these heads are way to hard to get and gearbox needs to increase their drop rate.

2 Likes