Do people only use 1 VH?

There has been alot talk lately regarding this issue, and GB stating through their metrics/data mining that most people just use the one VH, I find this hard to believe, I have played every BL game in the series and have always chosen at least 3 VH’s, just now in bl3 I have every VH and 2 Amara’s 1 elemental build and a melee build (5 in total)

This post is more a curiousity than a data collector, but how many VH’s do you currently use or are planning to use in the future ?

7 Likes

I have one of each type. Amara was my main, however I split a lot of time between Amara, Flak and Zane. Moze doesnt get much love.

Thats exactly how mine go :grin: poor Moze doesn’t get a look in, I mostly use Zane and Fl4k lately got bored of Amara

1 Like

I play each vh every time not everyone with the same dedication but still lot of hours and lv 50. Currently Amara Moze and Zane lv 50 and end game geared

2 Likes

I main Moze but have also have a lvl 50 Amara and a lvl 20 Zane. Moze is the only one I enjoy playing so the others haven’t gotten any attention in months. It’s been like that with me for all the other games, too

3 Likes

I don’t play as much as I used to, but I’m working my 3rd VH to 50 (Amara)

2 Likes

Same, but whatever floats their boat is fine. I’ve played every single vault hunter extensively with the singular exceptions of Brick and Krieg (whom I’ve only played up to maybe level 30 or so).

4 Likes

I have all 4 through TVHM finished but I only play Zane, Moze, Fl4k, I find Amara boring.

2 Likes

I’ve done all 4 through TVHM too with anticipation that UVHM will ultimately come at some point.

1 Like

Thats the general consensus I get from everyone, its nice having the option when you do get bored with your main, and as we all know with the balancing of classes the last while, there does be a flavour of the month with some of them, E.G. Zane is the one now with his new com

3 Likes

I only play as FL4K…

In BL2 I leveled Axton and Maya to 61 but probably 90% of my time is on Zer0. BL1 I only played Mordecai.

TPS I played Fragtrap on PC and Aurelia on Xbox but more time on Fragtrap.

2 Likes

Thats why I did them all through TVHM aswell I just assumed it was gonna be the same as bl2, but the step up in difficulty wasn’t there (was done pre patch to MH mode in TVHM playthrough), yeah we got a few more badasses and anointed but that was really it, taking MH mode into consideration also, be interesting to see how they go about UVHM if they do

Cool, just outta curiousity would you just solely play Fl4k in bl3 or lets say if they introduced a new VH would that interest you ?

1 Like

I do in fact only play one, Zane. That’s not unusual for me, though, I have a tendency to pick mains that I stick with for quite a while until expanding my roster further, be that a playable character in games like Borderlands or a weapon class in Monster Hunter.
I didn’t start a second character until I was about 200 hours into Borderlands 2 with my Zer0, either and in Borderlands 1, although I admittedly didn’t play it for that long, I’ve also only played Mordecai.
That’s not to say that I’m not interested in other Vault Hunters, I just spend a lot of time with my first one.

3 Likes

I currently have 2, Fl4k and Zane, next after a few months will be Moze.

1 Like

One man army I like it :grin: the feedback is starting to broaden out now, thats 2 in a row that just play their main

I think what they consider as “1 VH focus” also are the players that never even play end game, but beat it with one character and then kinda quit. Not even making it to 50.

4 Likes

Yeah it would be nice if we knew where they pull the data from, if they are taking that into account, it just strikes me as odd that they said no new VH’s, surely it would be in their interest also bringing something fresh into the game and increasing playability but I also know the current VH’s need work done on them too, so maybe the focus is solely on them :thinking:

2 Likes

If that’s a % of people who’ve played at least the first mission, it’s probably true that most of them only played 1 VH - most of them never made it to the end of the story even once in BL2.

It would be a lot harder to figure out % of forum users who only play one character, but the last time a poll was run it was clearly a very much smaller figure. Then again, forum users tend to be a self-selected bunch in the first place. What can I say? We’re all just naturally awesome! :smiley:

5 Likes

If a game offers me multiple characters, I frequently try all of them. In this game, I have two each of Amara, Moze, and Fl4k at level 50 because I had two general builds I wanted to play for each of them; and I have only one Zane at 50, because I don’t have any particular build with him that I really wanted to play - but he has the best lines.

2 Likes