Do you prefer Solo or Multiplayer? Why?

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Co0p, with friends, on the Peak…there’s nothing like it. Love it!

4 Likes

@xkriegor0376 made a great list^ and the reason I generally am cautious joining random games. Kinda hope BL3 has cloud storage so the playing field is more even. Bugs me you can’t see exactly what people are doing beforehand (I know they aren’t likely to be playing “Talon of God” despite what the list says!) TPS seems to have fewer issues with all the modders/gibbers.

But, occasionally I’ll open my game to the public, either just for fun or to get help with a boss. Spawned Vermi a few times with random joiners.

3 Likes

Dude I remember us drunk AF duo queuing Battleborn at ridiculous hours for a long time haha. I quit drinking nearly two years ago so your story warms me. Good onya mate!

Anyway, I’m almost exclusively solo. I used to have my lobby set to online public every session but I lost count of how many people I kicked. My favourites were the abusive teenagers who thought themselves entitled to desecrate my game with modded Storm Fronts and by Shamfleeting everywhere. How audacious of me to kick them from my lobby! I’ve had some argue black and blue that they farmed for that legit “Shock Storm Front” like we don’t both know that they’re lying.

IIRC, I think I met @ChemicalConundrum in an online lobby. One good player out of hundreds if not thousands of encounters? Well he’s a good guy too so I’ll take it. And @Sun_Tsunami taught me everything there is to know about DigiPeak. Outside of those two, I’m solo.

3 Likes

Good times indeed, my Aussie brother!

And congratulations to you!

Remember the Bird Hunt event?

@Slif_One

Omg yes, just after the Benedict buff lmao. It was a total ****fest xD

Super Legendary.

The player base hated you that day…!

2 Likes

They hated me every day, but especially on that day :rofl:

1 Like

More accurate!

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

I like both but spend a large majority of my time playing solo. Much of my time is spent farming and that can be a pain co-op.

I have done some co-op with regulars on here and that was an absolute blast. I learned a great deal and just had a lot of fun. If someone is a regular on these forums it will be a good time.

Playing with randoms has been a mixed bag. I did recently have some really good Peak runs with a couple guys and it turned out great. Got Maya to op10.

Recently met a kid through Twitch who was lamenting the fact that he lost his op10 Toothpick. Why he didn’t just farm another I didn’t understand. I offered him one of the many that I had (they drop pretty regularly). He joined my game and then I understood. He simply couldn’t play the game. He joined some lobby to get to op10. Now I’m not the greatest player myself, but I can typically go more than 10 seconds without FFYL. I spent more time reviving him than actually playing. This went on for about 30 minutes then one of his friends joined. He was about the same…now I was reviving two power-leveled kids every 10 seconds. The new guy then showed me some Jakob’s Conference Call nonsense(huh?) that he was so proud of and at that point I excused myself from the game.

4 Likes

I’m an older man, 76 years, and I’m way to slow to play co-op. I have enjoyed playing BL and BL2 - 1400 hours + on BL2 but I’m ready for BL3 because after the new DLC I’m bored with the main game.

**I gave up drinking a long time ago and it was the best thing I’ve ever done in my life. Keep up the good work. GLTA Bill (Geezeburger)

7 Likes

welcome to the forums @plainolebill. :+1::+1:

1 Like

So many “Twitchers” hosting these boost lobbies are contributing to the decline of Borderlands multiplayer. Noobs who have no understanding of how to play the game get boosted and given modded gear then jump straight into online lobbies. On PS4 some of these get over a thousand “viewers” waiting in line for a boost, all for a few follows and a sub or two, and they’re taking advantage of The Handsome Collection being free on PSN this month. Really pisses me off that this great game is borderline unplayable in online lobbies because of these “streamers”.

3 Likes

PS3 co-op (my heyday) was Borderlands Golden Age and I’m glad I spent thousands of hours in it.

1 Like

Dang Bill, thought I was near the top at 61, glad to see I should have many more years of BL’ing ahead of me! Welcome!
–RoA

3 Likes

Raven, I hope you do and me too. Thanks for the welcome.

1 Like

Don’t know, Bill – I’m old, too, and accept that I’m slower than the majority of players (who are 30 & younger) but it really only shows up for me in games like Destiny where there’s a scoreboard that shows the number of low level minions killed. But I play strategically, know the major threats & target them (other games where that counts in scoring I’m often at the top of the scoreboard). All to say – don’t give up on co-op (people can be fun!) Maybe not BL2 co-op these days (filled with insta-leveled players with glitched BA rank & guns), but maybe in BL3? Speeds things up, too – get the young’uns to clear the maps for you!

2 Likes

Older chronologically we can’t avoid but playing Borderlands at our age, you got me by 10 years, is fun. Do it for the fun. I still play all 3 games as well as the Bioshock franchise.

2 Likes

I have An Idea!

We’ve seen hints that BL3 will include some challenges and missions that give rewards with friends . Don’t know for sure if that requires co-op play or simply having a friend list, but I suspect it may be co-op.

So I’m proposing a Over 60 clan here (or over 50 if we want to let youngsters in) to group ourselves into a comparable group. May shield us from the randos with under-30 massive reflex skills, and boosters.

Thoughts?
–RoA

4 Likes

Playing with random people can be fun at times, but solo and real friends is how it’s meant to be.

4 Likes