Do you sell/throw away God Rolls?

First, I want to state that this will NEVER happen!
BUT, if it did, in the event we get some future system where we are allowed to level up our gear through a grind system or luck-based system: How many of you are happy and eager because you save everything vs terribly distraught because you don’t have anything old?

I had a few LVL50 items that I sold long ago. They were God Rolls to me. A really good Blast Master COM with +Grenades since I like to spam Grenades. Some shock grenade with +Regen annoint that I used for Amara. I think my first ever God Roll shield was a Purple Shield with +health regen/+health drop/+hp regen annoint. This was perfect for me because I had so much trouble staying alive on M3. Used it on all my 4 characters.

You guys?

2 Likes

I had to sell/drop most of my gear, keeping some mods and artifacts only. Went from 300 in bank and 40 in backpack to about 80ish in Bank and like 2 in backpack.

It hurt. Some items were really tough for me to get, others won’t be able to get till next time an event comes around.

That said, any weapon would be useless when in Mayhem 10 Lv57 so no point in it taking up valuable space. I’ll replace my mods as I get higher level copies of them (same with artifacts).

2 Likes

I think being able to level up, and change parts, all for a high cost could make these small level increases tolerable. You’re right, it’s painful to have to throw away so much good gear so often! Once? Sure. Twice? Ok. But how many times are they going do this?!

2 Likes

I sold almost all my level 50 gear when the level cap was raised to 53. Eventually, I replaced the level 50s I kept with level 53s except for a corrosive Redistributor with the 100% cryo bonus SNTL anointment, because I haven’t been able to find a level 53 version yet.

I have the same plan this time. Sell all level 53 gear in the bank, backpacks, and on the walls. Keep the level 53 items I have equipped and replace them when I get to level 57.

The only sub-level 57 item I plan on keeping is a level 26 Sellout (for Amara even though I haven’t used it since I got a Spiritual Driver COM).

No regrets… almost. The only regret I have is selling a level 50 Earworm.

2 Likes

I’ve kept them all. I have a serious hoarding addiction. I created a third extra profile in anticipation of the cap increase as the 2nd sub I made was taking a bit too long to load, maybe 80 mules for 51-53 gear. I did stop collecting non anointed items a while back, and have sold off a fair bit recently, but generally if it’s good, I keep it.

2 Likes

I’m clearing bank each time there is a level update. Only keeping the item that don’t scale like com and artefact (And rough rider !)

Honnestly, my bank is a large hoard of crap that I’ll never use anyways. I only hoard that much cause GearBox may up some weapon (So I keep god rolls) and because I save stuff when I’m playing my main (Zane) in order to gear my other character fast when they reach max level

Even if they allow the leveling up of previously looter gear, which I massively doubt, what’s the point of borderland if you already have all the perfect gear in bank and nothing new to loot?

2 Likes

I hear, and feel, you all.

The game is poison :skull_and_crossbones: to completionists and hoarders, of which I am both :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Thankfully, BL2 was/took the worst hit as far as I am (so far) concerned, meaning now, in BL3, letting go is less pain …

1 Like

Keeping a few Lvl 50/53 perfect mod rolls for my FL4k and that’s it. Everything else is easy to obtain on the Trading Forums if your efficient.

1 Like

I always keep good artifacts and class mods until better ones come along… Some are very hard to replace.

3 Likes

Mods in this chapter don’t seem too much level related like in Bl2.
I have many lvl 35 great class mods.

For the lvl 53 update I went through my 100+ mules and threw the majority of the gear on the ground only keeping class mods artifacts and my most important shields. I kept a few harder to get weapons and my equipped builds. Easily more then 1000 items on the ground. I’ll do the same with this cap increase my mules are already packed full again as well.

1 Like

How do you even know when something is a ‘god roll’?

1 Like

If you’ll see a god roll… You’ll know it, from inside of you.

1 Like

100+ mules?! Are you a hoarder in real life too?

1 Like

Actually no IRL I’m extremely minimalist as far as possessions go. I keep so many items because I actually use them I’m always experimenting and making different builds so I don’t think it’s really hoarding if you are actively using them.

2 Likes