Doctor Ted in Borderlands 3

In TK Baha’s Bloody Harvest , Zombie T.K. mentions that Dr. Zed and Dr. Ned have a third brother named Ted, but they aren’t allowed to talk about him for he is considered “The Forbidden Brother.”
Will the third brother appear in Bordelrands 3?

3 Likes

It is a cool idea . I could possibly see gearbox doing this. However im sure there is a backstory to this !

Could show up as a playable DLC character. We already got Zane, who was brother to the two bandits Baron and Capatain Flynt. Wouldn’t surprise me if they did the same for Ted if Gearbox get’s around to making playable DLC characters for the game.

1 Like

Very much true

That is true

Im sure they could do that!

1 Like

Have we still had no confirmation that Zed is even in bl3 besides the vendors?
To be honest he wasn’t on the top of my list of things to look for

2 Likes

Just came up with his action skills he might possibly have if he is DLC.

Healing field- Drops out a digistructed healing field of his own design. All members of the party heal over time when they stand near it. It would also cause damage to any enemies that come near it.

Necromaniac- It’s no secret the brothers all share a fascination with cutting people up and dead things. Ted may have tooken up his late brother Ned’s work after his death from the the original four vault hunters. This ability allows you to raise three bodies of your defeated foes as zombies. Or digistruct zombies from his own personal lab no one knows about. Point being, he’d have have zombie allies for a short while. Depending on your build on that skill tree, you could increase the damage of their attacks, instill them with elemental damage, even make them run into the enemy and explode. If his brother Ned could see this, he’d be smiling at the fruition of his work. Hell, maybe at the end of this skill tree, there one of the badass zombie pet’s you summon could be Ned himself.

Ripper- As mentioned before, the brothers have an unhealthy fascination with cutting people up. The ripper tree acts sort of like Kriegs buzzaxe rampage. The difference, Ted knows where it’ll hurt his enemies the most. Critical damage areas on the foes he faces will be revealed tgroughout the duration of this action skill. Not just to Ted, but to his allies as well. The only draw back being that using this skill requires great precision. Ted’s not like Krieg where he can just hack and slash to his hearts content. The whole point is killing his enemies as quickly and cleanly as possible. Hitting them in areas where it is not their weak spot will give you just about average damage. So make sure you hit them where it’ll hurt most, because it’s risky for a doctor to face a disease head on. Especially if he loses his protection, he’s liable to catch a buzzaxe to the face.

With all this said, Ted can become as great a vault hunter as the rest of them. Make sure you don’t catch a cold, because the mad doctor is in. Introducing Ted the Medic.

1 Like

Dr. TED really gets my vote for appearance/playable character.

2 Likes

I literally came into this topic just to tag @Greasy_Broccoli. I was not disappointed to see him already here.

3 Likes

Do you have a link to somewhere showing the relationships between the characters? Like Baron, Cap’n, and Zane, etc

1 Like

No, these three being brothers were part of Zane’s cosplay guide. That’s where you’ll read that he was related to the other two Flynts, and get a feel for the character and his backstory. I’ve already analyzed it, and the character himself for a thread on the fan-creations forums. Have fanart and a fanfic I have in mind for the character. Just waiting on it to be done.

1 Like

T K is Ted. That is why he is the forbidden one… He came back. That is why the Una Bags quest in bl2 is called “Uncle Teddy”

There is an echo recording mentioning the that Zane is Baron and Captain’s brother in the BL2 Commander Lilith DLC.

DLC 2

Party at docter Ted’s haunted clinic :joy:

If I can find where it was said, when GBX was asked they had plans for Zed but that the voice actor was going through medical stuff and they didn’t want to replace him… It was either a tweet or response to some Q&A so if someone with more free time can find it that’s be great - otherwise I’ll let you know when I find it.

1 Like