Does anyone check vendors anymore?

In BL1 particularly, and BL2 somewhat, it was always worthwhile to take a look int he weapons vendors to see if there was a better gun. BL1 had some probability of giving you a legendary in a vendor. BL2 also has that possibility, but in 7,000 hours of BL2 I have found 3 legendaries in vendors.

In BL3 I don’t even look. Drop rates for legendaries, as well as good greens and purples, are so high that going to a vendor just isn’t necessary or interesting. Except for selling stuff and buying ammo, so all I ever interact with is ammo vendors.
Anyone see anything good in a weapon vendor?
–RoA

5 Likes

Only when levelling up a new character, or when I needed a particular element ASE on a grenade.

5 Likes

I check Crazy Earl’s vending machine because I’m looking for some 100+ damage on Rakk Attack purples and I have nothing else to spend eridium on.

I got my first anointed Q-System from there, several shields with the 50% bonus element on ASE (i’ve yet to find a legendary-tier shield with one :frowning: ) a couple of pretty-good-but-not-great Stagecoaches too.

I don’t bother with the regular ones though.

6 Likes

Some of my besy ASE buff grenades are from venders, I swear a great epic is better than most legendary grenades. I found one that had me stoked last night, a bouncer that left 3 of those fire effect things on the ground per throw with rad on ASE best thing that Wotan dropped all night. I use an epic singularity turret one with corrosive on ASE for the takedown, really helps catch warhounds and cluster badasses.

4 Likes

Have a quick browse when im topping up the ammo, wouldn’t go out of my way though, was farming epic class mods for a bit, and I dont think I even used 1 I got :man_facepalming:

1 Like

I always check crazy early and sometime gun and ammo vendors for the occasional anointed epic or blue

1 Like

I check all of the vendors for grenades, purple class mods, and earls for purple annointed gear

1 Like

For Borderlands 1 and TPS I see where you’re coming from , but what poor Sod checked vendors in BL2? You barely got purples and blues in BL2.

I get that we’re still in that early phase of the game where things seemed better in the old days, but BL2 vendors were without a doubt the most worthless POS feature in that game. They were totally useless, no argument. You even say so yourself

To answer your question, I check at the start of every session. Loads of great guns even if they aren’t legendary.

3 Likes

I will occasionally check grenades as there are some good purple ones and have annointed. But even that is generally not worth the time.

1 Like

I’ve been farming them regularly for clonning maddening tracker (2 so far) and other purple grenades
with anointments but have not seen any legendary’s after many hours of play.

2 Likes

There is some pretty good stuff occasionally in the iridium vending machine. Good anointments too.

1 Like

Every single time I’m anywhere near a vendor, I check it: looking for interesting (triple effect or unique combinations of grenades and shields mostly, plus some great anointments on purple gear).

3 Likes

I always try to check them when I enter a map and if I’m near them. I’ve found some amazing purples, but never seen a legendary or unique, so pretty sure they don’t appear in vending machines at all. If you’re only looking for legendaries, you’re not missing anything, but if you’re looking for good stuff and happy to accept purples, it’s worth looking at the item of the day, at least.

1 Like

Oh, I’ve found mirv grenades in vending machines.

2 Likes

I check at least every time I’m in Sanctuary. But legendaries don’t rain from the sky for me.

1 Like

Not always, but often. 100% of the time I check Crazy Earl’s. Never know when you will find an anointed Q-System, Bangstick, Stagecoach, etc.

At least you can get decent anointed items from machines in BL3. No legendaries, but sometimes purples are better anyway.

2 Likes

Dont forget the blues, some of the alien barrel weapons dont have a higher varient yet can be stonger - protuberance, cerberus, lurkshot, devourer etc

3 Likes

Yep yep. I love a Carbuncle.

2 Likes

Overall the decision was made to completely nerf rarity in this game, so it doesn’t even feel special to get a legendary drop anymore regardless of where it comes from.

No, I don’t waste money on vending machines, but then I find myself with so much cash I wonder what there is to actually spend money on that you couldn’t get 2-3 drops or chests from now, same with eridium.

This is still the case after several hotfixes and patches since launch on the epic games store. So once this game comes out on Steam, I will entertain trying to change my opinion then. Otherwise, this game is WAY too easy, and needs to stop handing out legendary guns like subsidized sugar.

2 Likes

Want to have it be a challenge? Go hunt rare spawns for their dedicated drops - likely 1 thats useful out of the 60 possible rolls with that lovely 3% chance

1 Like