Does Anyone Else Miss Dedicated Incursion Queue?

I can’t be alone.

Do you guys think Gearbox will re-implement it?

4 Likes

Surprisingly, i am liking the new queue setup; i didn’t think i would…

2 Likes

they got rid of it because of population concerns?

1 Like

Hopefully not. Incursion-only players were apart of the cancer of this game.

2 Likes

Honestly I’m hoping it happens

1 Like

Maybe one day
If the new blood sticks around I think we’ll see our old queues come back
We need a single healthy queue for each platform first

6 Likes

So you want the game to go back to everyone just playing Incursion?

1 Like

A lot of the “cancer” as you put it came from a self deprecating cycle of players who, while liking other modes of play, were forced to join the most popular game mode and further feed into the cycle of a lack of players in those modes as our population diminished.

If we get enough people for a single healthy queue like I just said
We can go from there

6 Likes

I’d personally prefer to play my favorite modes instead of nothing but faceoff and capture. I don’t mind dipping into that but nothing but that for 2 days makes me step away from quick match and I personally dislike draft

6 Likes

I don’t know, I like the idea of Meltdown being part of the new Competitive Queue; it may persuade me to swap queues from QM as I dislike not being able to vote on map preferences anymore. I seem to end up with Capture/Face-Off from the random selection every single time, and it’s getting rather boring as Meltdown seems to be seldom picked for me. It might just be my luck however…

4 Likes

Flames,

By now you know that Versus Draft queue was (and still is) a dedicated Incursion queue 90% of the time.

So frankly I don’t see the problem at all with the new queue set up. It’s still incursion only - just with Draft implemented into it to serve as a carrot for newcomers to buy enough heros.

2 Likes

Rather have a dedicated incursion que with other modes in qm. Don’t care at all what’s in draft

1 Like

An arbitrary set of restrictions on gameplay designed to give the illusion of competitive without having to implement the actual ranking system necessary to provide a proper scene. It never should have been made permanent as it was never anything better than another gimmick queue.

5 Likes

See what I bolded from what you just wrote - i entirely agree with you on this. Entirely.

But this extremely valid and concise point you make is (to me) very different from the initial post I was replying to.

4 Likes

I was merely pointing out draft may be 90% incursion but it’s not the same thing as having an incursion queue.

3 Likes

That’s more or less what I think.

I’m seemingly quite a lot of Face-Off in relation to other game modes, but not necessarily capture.

As for Draft, I personally like it and hope it’s here to stay.

4 Likes

Agreed. Some of the matches are frustratingly sweaty at times, but i like the challenge, which i hitherto was only getting from solo/duo queue.

2 Likes

I hope they do add back an Incursion only Queue. I’ll be honest, I quit games before it gets to character select for QM if it’s not Incursion and I want to play Incursion. That way I don’t have to sit through and play a game mode I don’t want to play. I would rather have people wait for a minute in the character select screen than go through a game where I’m not even trying to win. I know leaving the queue isn’t the best thing to do. But when having a choice between waiting in character select for a minute because someone left, or go into a game with a player who doesn’t even try to win. They would rather just wait that minute then be stuck in a game where they’re not having fun since a player isn’t really trying.

3 Likes

Uuhhh why?

Why is Incursion so great?

I don’t get it.

I do.