Does Skill Damage effect Charged Shot?

(Ckx00000) #1

Ive been running a shard gener with purple skill damage/+attack speed and Symbiotic(or just Purp Eldrid for extra health)

Is this decent?

Also title question? Thanks fellow BB badasses.

(Penguin connoisseur.) #2

Yes, skill damage affects his charged shot; it’s usually a good idea to build him for both attack AND skill damage, but if you choose one, choose skill damage. Attack damage affects the normal shots, and skill damage affects the charged shots and his skills.

Also, don’t use attack speed on him, as it only affects the small shots, if it affects them at all; it’s been awhile since i’ve tested it. It’s also better to put max shield gear on him over max health, because of his left first helix, as well as that it gives him more of a buffer before he can be critted, which is his biggest weakness.

Finally, your title should read “affect” not “effect”. Everything else is good.

(Ckx00000) #3

Thanks! Im only running the purple skill/speed bc I havent found a +Shield.

When I tested, Attack speed does increase the amount of smaller shots but does not increase time to fully charge so yeah attack speed is a pretty crummy stat.

Thanks you handsome devil you.

(Penguin connoisseur.) #4

Anytime. If you ever pick up Toby- which is kind of a mistake in public now, post nerf -i can help you there too, and put you in contact with others who can help you more. :slight_smile:

Also, i brought up Toby because it’s a habit now. Sorry!

I could be wrong here but I’m pretty sure that attack speed gear does affect how quickly his over-charged shot becomes available in that it charges based on how many shots he’s fired (6 pellets, if I remember correctly). Attack speed also increases his rate of fire while he’s ulting.

(Jennerit Supremacist) #6

An ideal ISIC loadout has Attack Damage or Skill Damage increase on all or most pieces of gear.

Recommended loadouts:

Shield Tank

Use this loadout for match ups where you will be trading shots with another ranged DPS character most of the game (Toby, Marquis, Whiskey, OM etc.) and won’t need his level 5 wound. Choose his shield helix choices at levels 1 and 5.

View on lowlidev.com.au

View on lowlidev.com.au

View on lowlidev.com.au

Maximizing Damage

Use when you just want to hit like a truck

View on lowlidev.com.au

View on lowlidev.com.au

View on lowlidev.com.au

Sustained Lane Presence

Use for when you need to never leave lane

View on lowlidev.com.au

View on lowlidev.com.au

View on lowlidev.com.au

Cheap

For when you like to use low cost gear

View on lowlidev.com.au

View on lowlidev.com.au

View on lowlidev.com.au

(Natsume Ryu) #7

what nihilist said. also. i used to run atk spd isic back in the unlimited ult days. if you dont get cced out of it, you can become a terror. attack speed can be more beneficial than ad +sd when then number of shots your landing is increased (aka if you tend to overshoot targets as theyre moving). but thats a late game isic build that hopes to not get cced out.

(Ckx00000) #8

Yes, I like attack speed but dont like to run it bc I often have to cancel ult early and like to have a good balance of power.

Still one of the funnest Ults in the game imo.

(Ckx00000) #9

So Ive been having success with purple Jenny Syringe and Shield Wed Interdictor.

Anyone else tried SWI?

(Jennerit Supremacist) #10

Not worth the cost over purple llc skill damage.

(Augustus Benedict) #11

I personally run three purples
The Shield Capacity with Skill damage with a Minus to Reload Speed
The Attack Damage with a Max Health
And the Skill Damage with Max Health

Or you could just go with the ol reliable that a lot of the ISIC mains run/ran which is 0 activation cost Shard gen with -healpower and the two legendaries Symbiotic Gauntlet and Bolas Target finder.

(Ckx00000) #12

Unfortunatly dont have a purple skill with shield, only attack speed.

(Ckx00000) #13

Yeah Ive ran that before but I really feel bad about running 1 Legendary.

I mean its kinda nice having every charge shot keep shields from recharging for 10 seconds but when I get a purple LLC Sklldam(need it for my Deande build too!!!) I prolly run that and stack more shield and skill damage flawed pieces and drop the shard gener.

(Augustus Benedict) #14

This is the one I was talking about:
View on lowlidev.com.au

(Ckx00000) #15

Yeah I use this particular piece in quite a few builds, namely my Deande Burst build.

That’s another reason Im dying for an LLC skill damage piece.

Both of those pieces go well on a few builds.

(Ckx00000) #16

Speaking of Bolos, does it proc 1S1Cs overcharged shot as well?

(Jennerit Supremacist) #17

Yes.

(Ckx00000) #18

Bolos? ISIC? Charged shot? Saweeeeet!

Ive been running that and a Purple LLC Gauntlet lately and it seemed like those charge shots where eating rear ends up.

I knew it effected his ult…

Thanks for conformation.

(Pandora's Industrial Engineer) #19

I haven’t tested it, but it works even after it’s rework? I know they reworked it so that any skill damage procs it still, just so long as it was above a certain amount in one instance, or something like that.

At least before it’s rework his Ult didn’t proc the special effect, but I haven’t tested it since then. All the dual scaling Ults like Omega Strike, Overdrive, Dual Wield, etc… never procced it.

(Augustus Benedict) #20

Yes it does.