Don't try Hyperion Slaughter Round 4 onwards with this guy

Rude much? I noticed no one seemed interested in the lvl50 challenge

The Rapier is a unique blue that you can grab at lvl 15 NVHM within 1 hour of starting the game. Also what’s wrong with using a rapier?

I also don’t understand why anyone should be interested in your lvl 50 challenge that you just pulled out of the thin air less than 2 hours ago?

2 Likes

I noticed you offering a challenge that, based on evidence of your post content, you wouldn’t have a cat in hell’s chance of completing yourself. If you want to offer up a challenge, the least you can do is partake in it yourself. Do that, and I’m sure some of us might just do it.

To be clear, I’m not suggesting I would succeed either, but then I’m not offering up nonsense challenges.

1 Like

I’m thinking it could be done with Maya? Anyone else I’m not sure

I’ll just say, for some balance to this somewhat warm thread :

• Hyperion Slaughter : hard.
  • Level 50 : hard. Far more difficult than level 72.
  • No Moxxi : hard unless Krieg or the like.
  • No red text : well…potentially harder. Especially if you’re thinking of packing a Harold, Pimp or Lyuda.
  • With Zer0 and all the above : very hard.
3 Likes

And I am officially requesting that everyone take some time to cool down a bit. PMs will be sent in due course as appropriate. However, everyone is expected to abide by the FORUM RULES, ESPECIALLY when expressing differing opinions.

2 Likes

Oh wow, I thought that’s what we were talking about (conversations like this tend to default (in an unsaid way) to OP8… my bad for resting on this assumption). There’s no need to go there if it’s not one’s cup of tea for sure.

That 200% melee damage gun also comes with a curse one has to consider… the player takes higher damage from melee sources (where the Law and Order, while only 100% bonus, has no curse and ‘free’ life steal). Maybe it’s how relatively weak the Order’s roid stats are (or the health steal compared to a Grog Nozzle), but I’m surprised I don’t see this used more.

That video though… @StrikerZidane’s got some chops. :open_mouth:

5 Likes

TLDR

Hyp Rd 4 is a pain with BA Surveyors spawn in the beginning. I can do it with farmed gear tho just need a thumper and a corrosive fastball. Won’t be as fast as my min max build but still fun and doable for me.

Fun is subjective and if you can’t do it and don’t get any fun from it, we can’t do anything about that but suggest strats/approach. Same thing goes with you trying to convince the players that beat hyperion slaughter to see it as not fun. You can’t convince the players that already beat it and had fun/got satisfaction from beating it that it’s hopeless.

I can feel your frustration because I for one had that feeling too (even today I think I will if I run hyperion arena) because of those pesky SBA Surveyors and constructors flying freely, getting stuck, and all those dumb actions XD

At the end of the day, we all have different views. Players here including you, are just sharing experience. And like @VaultHunter101 said, let’s relax a bit and keep it friendly.

EDIT:

What lvl505 challenge again??? :))
I have limited time nowadays browsing the forums. Been REALLY busy with Ragnarok Mobile XD

7 Likes

I think a good challenge would be to do the Hyperion Slaughter dome at level 50 UVHM

I would guess that this would be even harder than OP8, however as others have pointed out I could not say for sure

Effectively no. There are a couple factors :

• OP levels introduce damage reduction. The more levels the enemy is above yours (72) the less damage they take. Most OP8 enemies are level 80 and will take 55% less damage than a level 72 enemy will.

• your health stays the same - OP8 health is the same as 72. This means elemental damage-over-time can eat you up because your enemies are putting out substantially more damage at OP8 than at 72.

5 Likes

For me round 4 is more difficult than round 5 because of those badass surveyors.

Also when @kbk160008 uploads, i am like :scream::scream::scream::scream::scream:. He is that good that i thought he did tweak some of his pc settings. Lol

6 Likes

Why you did not express such a

I would be very hyped up with it.

4 Likes

Yesterday was a very ■■■■■■ day so I kinda lost control, and I’m sorry y’all had to witness it.
@IceCat763 I apologize for whatever I said to you, it was inappropriate and rude and I shouldn’t have said it that way.

That said, practice some more and you’ll eventually succeed. Zer0 is the highest skill ceiling character in the game due to its unforgiving nature (especially when it comes to Melee) so Hyperion Slaughter is no easy task.

6 Likes

I’ll just say that if you say you haven’t even tried OP levels then you were kinda begging for some (symbolic) blood out of your nose when you then go ahead saying stuff like “not impressive” or “I could do it too with that gun” regarding some masterful vids of taking the challenge done on OP8. Maybe don’t belittle other peoples achievements when you don’t know how hard they are? I’m all for people playing on whatever level they feel is fun for them but if OP levels don’t interest you then maybe choose the “golden silence” or “if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all”.

As for legendary / red text gear / no Moxxi as I see mentioned you don’t use, it’s your choise to use them or not. If you’ve chosen not to use or farm for red text gear however then that is something you’ve imposed on yourself. You’re “only seeing legendary gear” because those players didn’t choose to limit themselves when putting out the best they can do.

As for the lvl 50 challenge it definitely would not be harder than OP8, reasons already mentioned by @Jefe. I still see this as something that you just started trying to divert attention to when crap started hitting the fan. Besides, how would we even make it to Eridium Blight on UVHM at lvl 50 :smiley: ?

With all that said, peace and good luck in your future runs.

5 Likes

You pretty much covered what I wanted to say but in a more friendly way :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I think you could make it to Eridium Blight at level 50 (or 51) on UVHM, especially with Zero.

Usually get to UVHM at lvl48, if you speedrun all the way you might be lvl50. Maybe 52, lowest lvl possible is my point. I did with Maya at lvl59 however I’d say Maya is easiest character.

Well when you do it and show us, I’m sure some of us will be happy to prove you wrong. OP8 is exponentially harder than early 50s.

1 Like

Just for the sake of it, I decided to attempt your challenge. Of course I used non-legitimate means to get my lvl72 Zer0 back to lvl 51 to attempt this challenge. Its definitely doable, and certainly easier than on OP8. Also, in line with how you play, I restricted myself from using any really OP weapons or moxxi - which would mean it would be far easier if these things were allowed.

I used a Corrosive and Shock Thinking, a Slagga and a Maggie (just for ammo diversity), a Slag transfusion, Cooldown relic, Chaotic Evil Rogue and a Turtle Shield. I used this spec:
http://bl2skills.com/assassin.html#505001100050055105515020000000

I’m not gonna upload the run as it isn’t the cleanest (it was my 2nd attempt), if ya want to see it I can PM you.

While OP8 definitely is harder than this, you are right in saying this is definitely tougher than at lvl72 OP0 - those additional skill points definitely go in making Zer0 much beefier and flexible. So you should definitely be able to succeed, esp if you make the effort to farm good weapons like the Harold, Hornet and Lyuda.

Instead of looking at @kbk160008 or Striker’s runs and lament their use of perfect gear, instead learn from how they dealt with the tougher parts of the run in waves 4 and 7. In the absence of a truly beefy shield like the Antag or Hoplite, patience is your friend, so just take it slow, and try and recognize good hiding spots to avoid the BA surveyers/Constructors. Ensure you are able to use several ammo pools as running out of ammo in wave 7 is definitely a real possibility.

Lvl 72 gun spec:
http://bl2skills.com/assassin.html#505351500050055105515050510000

7 Likes

A way we could do it is to use a 72 character but only use skill points up to level 50, and equip level 50 gear. That could work? Easy to get 50 gear from TVHM

1 Like

Unfortunately not as you’d still have the health of a lvl72 character and the more major problem is that the enemies would still scale to lvl72.

4 Likes