I’m posting this here because The Handsome Collection is the most recent Borderlands development besides the telltale game. This is mostly a suggestion to the DEVs for BL3. My cousin and I felt BL3 could have a support heavy character.(He can still hold his own of course).
Dr. TED/Theodore/Teddy/The Esteemed Doctor
Back-story/Background: In Fyrestone on Pandora Dr. Zed had a Twin, Dr. Ned. Though their mother loved them both she wanted triplets. To compensate for the lack of a third child she and her husband ‘adopt’ a child that looked similar enough to be their brother. Even though their mother ensured she loved the three of them equally, the twins never believed her. Their ‘brother’ was the favorite of their parents. Being the smartest, the most handsome, and the most successful there was no competition. He left Pandora to get a ‘real’ medical degree. Even with him off planet Dr. Zed and Dr. Ned still hated him. Dr. Ned took his hatred to the grave. Upon opening a Vault for Maliwan and discovering the means to create his OVERCHARGE kit they would betray him for the hidden Eridian Technology also inside. By killing all of his former co-workers he subsequently became a Vault Hunter. There would be only one place he could go for refuge. With Dr. Ted making his way back home maybe he can reconcile with the only family he has left.
Action Skill: Doctoral Overcharge
• Using his unique tech developed Ted can overcharge his own shields to be temporarily impervious. During this overcharge a heavy spray of electrical tethers can damage his enemies.
• Surgical Surge: A skill tree just for hp and melee buffs.
• Pain Prescription: A skill tree for enemy de-buffs and ally buffs.
• Chemical Excellence: A skill tree for elemental damage mainly electrical and caustic.
• A doctor’s coat with a blue or red cross on the lapel and a Caduceus emblem on the back.
(Doesn’t need to be a full coat, it can be white jacket. We’re aiming for distinctiveness here!).
• Overcharge kit: If you should consider this far into the character it can be of your design DEVS.
• Combat Gear (he has to be capable of course).
• A mix of class and badass if you will.
• A doctor’s mask hung from his ears but lowered to his neck to see his face.
This is only a tiny idea/suggestion for the DEVs. Take this as you will. My cousin and I lay a foundation here for you, the BL3 team must do the heavy lifting with their game developing brilliance.