Drop rates in borderlands 2

I’ve currently been playing through with someone new through the game and he’s been asking how to get legendaries so I told him we need to farm and we’ve gotten 3 legendaries through the whole game ended at level 32 so I’ve just been wondering what are the drops rates in borderlands 2 overall and do they increase when playing with others?

1 Like

Moved you to a better spot. Way more information than you asked for here:

Basically, you can get legendaries from runnable bosses and raid bosses. They will have a designated loot pool, and you get a 1 in 10 chance for an item to drop from that pool. Certain ones (like Terramorphous) give you more chances at that loot pool based on the number of players; that’s the exception though.

Otherwise, you’re looking for world drops - every loot source in the game has a chance to drop a legendary, although it’s much lower than the designated loot chance. More players = more enemies and more higher tier enemies, which means more chance for higher rarity items. That said, it’s not a huge increase in drop chance.

3 Likes

Try farming the new boss’s in the new Lilith DLC . You get almost 100% random Legendary drop rate for Uranus and The end Boss in the research facility

1 Like

The drop rates for the Stinkpot are so bad that if I didn’t dashboard farm for it I could do 500 different playthroughs and never see it! It’s not even a good gun!

2 Likes

if its bad why farm for it lol

2 Likes

Well someone has to do it!

1 Like

i don’t think anyone has to farm bad weapons

1 Like

The best way to find a specific weapon - like the Stinkpot - seems to be to not actively look for it. I think I have 2 scattered around my saves, and I know I’ve sold at least that many.

1 Like

I just counted and I have 31 :stuck_out_tongue:
lvl 13 through OP1. The lvl 13 one was from entering the DLC one time at lvl 15 for fun and No-beard dropped that low level one. Got a lvl 17 fire Pimp out of that run too, which is handy.

And again, I find this gun useful in confined, loader-heavy areas like Washburn. Really can cause quite a bit of damage if spammed a great deal.
–RoA

1 Like

I didn’t find the Stinkpot all that hard to farm. Yeah I farmed it for a couple Jakobs-only characters. At one point I actually farmed it for matching grip.
Of course I rarely used it and doubt that I’ll ever use it again.

1 Like