Duke Nukem Forever modding tools

I never claimed to be 100% knowledgeable on Duke Forever and it’s history, but I do know that at some point DNF was going to have an EDITOR titled “Duke’s Enormous Tool,” said to be a modding tool that was cut from the game due to bugs and errors with it. Well, I’m here hoping that maybe SOME Gearbox employee or something will at least look at this forum and hear my plea. DNF deserves to have its modding tools finished and released.

I don’t know whose decision it was to completely scrap the editor (I’m kinda looking at 2K here), but I think that DNF deserves to have its editor back. DNF is almost dead, having very few people play it anymore. A very common gripe with the game is that it lacks an editor/modding tools, like Duke Nukem 3D had.

I don’t know what the problem is with releasing the tools, or fixing them for that matter, but I think the die hard fans deserve this for their devotion. After all of the slander that DNF was given, many people stayed despite the hate. Is it really too much to ask for modding tools?

At this point, official modding tools are probably not gonna happen. Which is a shame, because I want to see how far their version of Unreal Engine 1 went.

It’s a shame, indeed. Even some simple modifications, such as turning the strip club into a DM map, would have been great.

It is a damn shame. Modding tools could have held us over for the next Duke game…