Dumb question but is the game still good if

if i pretend the raid bosses and op levels dont exist like im only going to fight story bosses and side bosses no raid and defently not doing the raid on digistruct peek

I don’t raid nor do digi peak. Absolutely the game is still great without doing either of them! :smile_cat:

Those things are there for when all other challenges have been beaten, so until then, ignore them. There is, literally, 1000s of hours worth of content without ever doing a Raid or Digistruct.

You can play the game just fine without doing DigiStruct Peak or any of the Raid Bosses. Once you get to UVHM, you should probably hold off on on accepting certain missions until you are Level 72 to ensure the item reward you get is level 72. There is a thread somewhere of mission items worth farming. However, by not fighting the Raid Bosses in UVHM you will miss out on Seraph Crystals as well as some pretty good equipment that can either be purchased with Seraph Crystals or obtained from one of the Raid Bosses as a drop. Granted, not all equipment is good for all characters. Some examples include: The Tattler SMG, Florentine SMG, Interfacer Shotgun, Lead Storm Assault Rifle, Seraphim Assault Rifle, Antagonist Shield, Blockade Shield, Big Boom Blaster Shield, Evolution Shield just to name some. A more or less “complete list” can be found at the Borderlands 2 Seraph wiki page. Also, Hyperius the Invincible is probably your best bet for farming the Norfleet Rocket Launcher. Your only other option for the Norfleet Rocket Launcher is to spawn and defeat Vermivorous.

Forum ID: Poisd2Strike
GT: Poisd2Strike
Trades: http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/t/poisd2strikes-humble-shop/367700
Gun Prefixes | Gun Parts | Max Stats
Maya OP8 | Banshee RR / NRR | Binder | Cat | Nurse | Siren | Trickster B / M

I’ve pretty much stopped at level 72, as there aren’t enough hours in the day already. It’s really fun! I think I’d only push it further if I felt that there was just no challenge at all, but I’m not that good a player so…

1 Like

Raids and the peak are just a small part of a large game, play it how you like it

3 Likes

norfleet i dont plan on using

Then you are good to go.

Forum ID: Poisd2Strike
GT: Poisd2Strike
Trades: http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/t/poisd2strikes-humble-shop/367700
Gun Prefixes | Gun Parts | Max Stats
Maya OP8 | Banshee RR / NRR | Binder | Cat | Nurse | Siren | Trickster B / M

That’s exactly why I’ve stopped at 61 for now. So many missions and whole areas that I haven’t spent much time at all in. Plus I get to try different equipment and builds without worrying about leveling myself out of my gear. All in due time.

Absolutely. All my single-player characters were built using the game as a linear/campaign First Person Shooter. No farming; no raids; no Peak. Just build your character around what you find along the way. That’s just as challenging as farming and raiding for that OP build.

And a darn good FPS it is, too :smile:

As others have said, the game is so massive that there are hours of fun to be had without ever troubling a RAID boss or the Peak.

But there are things to learn all the time that may change that view. I kept my Axton character at OP2 because I really liked using the Hoplite shield, which becomes pretty useless after that level as the health penalty is too high. But when playing Maya I found out about the Antagonist shield and now I’m OP4 with her and looking to go all the way.

I was more than happy to stay at L72 with her and not do the Peak. But after a (good) while, I found the challenge started to level off as I got better equipment and my skill improved. So recently I decided to try the Peak to make things harder (and just because it’s, you know, there). But the fact that I’ve already got more than 2.5K hours in the game should tell you it’s not completely necessary!

The only RAID boss I farm is Pete and that’s because a) he’s easy and b) he drops some pretty decent stuff on occasion. You may find after a while that you’re curious about the challenge and, if so, he’s probably the easiest to start that particular journey with. I tend to farm him just to get Seraph crystals so I can keep leveling up my Antagonist shield and Florentine SMG, which I believe you can only get from the vendors.

But even without the above there is so much to discover and enjoy in the game. Plus you can reset all quests in UVHM so if you find you want more quests you can just do the story all over again (and get better Pimps, Sand Hawks etc).

Bottom line is it will be a long time before you will be able to say you’ve seen it all…

I’m almost exclusively a solo player. I’ve done the Peak with Axton, Maya, Zero, and Salvador, and have killed some raid bosses.

Buuuuuut, that’s not really what I actively do when I play. When I jump in, I mostly do story or side bosses, zone clearing/mobbing, etc. The Circle of Slaughter stuff is very fun and challenging. I’m certain that there are more people who have legitimately solo cleared to OP8 than there are people who have completed Murderlin’s Badass Round, for example. Those types of things give plenty of incentive to put together great gear sets, work out builds, etc. Even once complete, you can push for time, or try to do them in different ways (explosive Axton instead of Double Up + Gemini, etc).

1 Like