Duplication bug in DLC3

After defeating Rose and the Ruiner I went back Sanctuary to check the price of the next Bank upgrade then went to Vestige to finish out the mission. Collected enough cash from the reward to get the bank upgrade so went to Sanctuary, got the upgrade and then emptied the Lost Loot Machine. I’d had to leave behind 3 legendary weapons but after clearing out the LLM I got all 3- and a duplicate of each. Not only that but I got a duplicate Quest reward (the Dakota) as well. Anyone else have this happen? I did a save & reload to see if the duplicates where still there and sure enough, they were still in my backpack. Not going to complain but it is a bit unusual to say the least…

I’ve had duplicates come out… haven’t done any reliable testing, but I think it happens when I’m catching the loot as it comes out of the machine before it hits the ground. I don’t really pay attention to it until it’s in my backpack, where I can see the actual stats, so if they’re duplicated at the machine level (like a dupe is taking up the space that would otherwise be available for another piece of gear) as opposed to being duplicated in translation (where In wind up with an extra copy of something that previously only existed as a single piece in the machine), I haven’t noticed.

1 Like

Well I don’t catch the loot out of the air so I don’t think it’s that. Now that I think about it I’m not sure if I picked up 2 each of the weapons although I certainly could have. The only other explanation would be that they duplicated once I picked them up, which would be something totally new as a bug…

I have had it happen from time to time. Not just in DLC 3. I’ve also had it spit out items at the wrong level.

1 Like

I’ve had it happen, it’s likely a LL machine bug rather than a DLC 3 bug.

1 Like

Yesterday, I emptied the loot finder when only partially full and two items came out. Identical purple snipers. Whether that was using one or two slots of the 13 limit, I don’t know. But it did duplicate prior to them being in my inventory.

1 Like

Caught it red-handed (one is in front of my rifle here, being caught out of the air): these are identical Atlas pistols, both came out of the machine (was catching them as they came out). I’m fairly certain that two of these didn’t drop.

1 Like