[E3 2015] Battleborn Trailer, Details, and More

Battleborn is a new first-person shooter for every kind of badass. Fight alone or alongside friends by taking command of one of 25 unique playable heroes in co-operative story missions or competitive multiplayer matches. The battle to save the last star begins when Battleborn hits PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC this Winter.

https://youtu.be/UaQK7HX2CXE

The universe teeters on the brink of extinction and only the most powerful Battleborn can stop it. This band of badasses will slice swords through enemies, fire massive machine guns, sling powerful spells and much more! Rendain and his evil army must not be allowed to destroy the last star. Do you and your friends have what it takes to save it?

Game Modes and Features

• Players: 1-5 Players Online; 5-Player co-op; Splitscreen (up to 2 players) and online
  • Platforms: PS4, Xbox One, PC
  • Release: Winter
  • Story Mode: Fight alone, or co-operatively with friends, to save the last star in the universe from a mysterious evil hell bent on its destruction
  • 25 Characters: Take control of 25 vastly different heroes, each one with their own personality, equipped with unique weapons and powers
  • Competitive Multiplayer: Experience team-based competitive multiplayer action with up to 10 players online in 5v5 matches across three distinctly different modes – Incursion, Devastation, and Meltdown
  • Progression System: Earn experience points in every game mode to level-up individual heroes’ Character Rank, as well as your own player profile Command Rank

Next stop: E3! Keep an eye out for first impressions from your favorite news outlets as they go hands-on with Battleborn for the first time at E3!

3 Likes

edit: yeah, it might look stupid that I posted the same thing, but my (original and earlier) post was moved here. :smiley:

The universe teeters on the brink of extinction and only the most powerful
Battleborn can stop it. This band of badasses will slice swords through
enemies, fire massive machine guns, sling powerful spells and much more!
Command 25 unique heroes. Fight alone or alongside friends. Play story
missions or mow down foes in competitive multiplayer matches.

Rendain and his evil army must not be allowed to destroy the last star. Do you and your friends have what it takes to save it?

Game Modes and Features

• Players: 1-5 Players Online; 5-Player co-op; Splitscreen (up to 2 players) and online
  • Platforms: PS4, Xbox One, PC
  • Release: Winter
  • Story Mode: Fight alone, or co-operatively with friends, to save the
    last star in the universe from a mysterious evil hell bent on its
    destruction
  • 25 Characters: Take control of 25 vastly different
    heroes, each one with their own personality, equipped with unique
    weapons and powers
  • Competitive Multiplayer: Experience team-based
    competitive multiplayer action with up to 10 players online in 5v5
    matches across three distinctly different modes – Incursion,
    Devastation, and Meltdown
  • Progression System: Earn experience
    points in every game mode to level-up individual heroes’ Character Rank,
    as well as your own player profile Command Rank

Official Website: http://www.battleborn.com/
Find us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BattlebornTh
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Battleborn

Very cool, I dig the new hawkman character. Can’t wait to see more

1 Like

So I guess that’s 5 heroes for each faction right? Are picks in competitive matches going to be limited to faction vs. faction or can you mix and match?

1 Like

Did i Read it Right? Its Solo Playable? AWESOME!!!

1 Like

You can mix and match.

2 Likes

Hopefully the E3 news will be an open beta for the multiplayer.
Game informer said there’s no lanes in incursion mode(or at least the map they saw?) D:
really wanna see how the plays.

For real, Red Sword guy is the coolest guy with red swords.

Single player is good. Does that mean enemies will be scaled to accommodate, or will we be getting AI teammates?

Right now, scaled. We did that fairly successfully in Borderlands.

2 Likes

Team Thorn! Finally a release date and more gameplay shots. I’m hyped.

Yeah, pretty happy about the shots in that trailer. Apart from the HUD being hidden, a large portion of that trailer was created directly from gameplay. I think the game is pretty. But I may be biased!

4 Likes

@Jythri Looks awesome ! Digging the artstyle !! You and the team are doing a BADASS Job !!!

OMG! 25 characters
1 character = 100 men weeks (told at Pax)
1 men week = 40 hours

40 x 100 = 4000 hours per character
4000 x 25 = 100.000 hours on character design and then you also have to make enemies & bosses. :dizzy_face:

1 Like

How long is the campaign?

Oh wow this is incredible!

Solo = YAAAAAAAY!!!

Fly guys look amazing (Did I see CSSSSSSSSSST?)

25 characters? I thought it was only 20, although I guess it makes sense otherwise faction V faction multiplayer matchs would be impossible without doubling-up.

Yeah, but I really hope we can choose to have bots as teammates also!

1 Like

I really hope we can freely fly with that Eagle dude.

trailer looked nice, this and Fallout 4 about the same time, hmmm, gonna be a hard choice, E3 will decide it for me I guess, looking forward to seeing more of this and F4. Nice job to the devs, this looks nice, solo play is a plus

Is it just me or does Rath kind of look like Handsome Jack also can’t wait to play as Thorn, actually i can’t wait to get this game

This will be coming out well after Fallout 4.

I’d expect Battleborn in January.

thought one of their adds said this winter, but ya that could go into next year, guess will maybe here for sure at E3, stocked for Fallout 4 thow, defenantly on my radar.