Easter eggs(spoilers) and discussions about them

All that time hanging out in Eridian ruins on Pandora? Remember the Dahl dudes on Elpis that had inhaled all the purple vapours and somehow mutated? I’m imagining one possibility is something along those lines, but more subtle.

I’m also imagining that at some point something happened, and she was cloned into a biomechanical replica of herself (the Guardians in TPS are all biomechanical entities that just happen to look like Eridians, so why not?)

And finally, I’ve always thought that some of the Varelsi looked like some of the Eridians.

Hey, let’s put 3 and 3 together and make 33!

6 Likes

Unless I hear confirmation of other Easter eggs I’m down for this thread becoming a discussion of what they mean so all of you guys are still golden for bringing conspiracy theories here

2 Likes

Great job @whatsmynameagain and a great video @MentalMars!

I was actually poking our audio guys yesterday to be sure THEY could decode their own audio files. I was having panic attacks that we’d made them to noisy for you guys to have a shot.

Nicely done, everyone!

16 Likes

@Jythri thank you for the follow up as well! Now before i turn this into tinfoil hat territory is there anything else left to find?

1 Like

Although I wasn’t successful in deciphering the code, I DO now know an awful lot more about my own audio software. So definitely not a wasted exercise. Looking forward to the new lore entries too!

3 Likes

I believe all of the easter eggs are found now. You can stand down the hunting dogs. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

pops to attention I stand properly relieved

slouches lazily

Let the tin foil hat theories COMMENCE!

1 Like

Can you please tell @dfabian711 that there is something hidden in the engine room and that the cables are part of the secret. I was amazed by the efforts he put into his theory.

5 Likes

I thought I was going to be able to sleep better now…Lore adventures… Oh hey look a rabbit hole. Wonder what’s down there :no_mouth:

Edit* @MentalMars. :grimacing:Thanks for your condolences

3 Likes

Way to go people.

2 Likes

I’m actually kind of sad that that was it. I know there were never going to be any “just battleborn” easter eggs but boy those would have been neat! Especially trying to discover stuff in-game is what I’d have hoped for.

A secret in the engine room would have been excellent…

5 Likes

…Totally agree, while this was well thought out it just seems rather stale, doesn’t feel like an Easter Egg.

1 Like

That’s just the post-sugar high crash kicking in. You’ll stabilize in a bit (hopefully when the PAX panel arrives)

6 Likes

@FlamesForAll I keep telling you tannis is not what she seems!

1 Like

@loving-hatred

How so?

Quoted from higher up, this is what the portals say

1 Like

Whoa!

What portals?

1 Like

Scroll up a ways to get the meat n’ potatoes from a mentalmars video on it but the side objectives in the ops involved anomalies and they had a code hidden in the audio

1 Like

Too cool!

With all the other hidden stuff in Toby’s DLC you would presume a hidden door leading to a secret room, Hey even BL2 had a secret basement!!!

2 Likes