Elemental Amara Build - Do Harm Stacking and Ties That Bind - TVHM M4

You guys are assuming avatar is bugged tho when it has been debated over and over and we have come to the conclusion it was made that way on purpose to it doesn’t become overpowered

1 Like

That’s fair but a little dissapointing. I feel like capstones used to be a lot more impactful and cool than they are now

2 Likes

yea, i mean, that’s why i mentioned “if they do it”
i mean, this really could go either way
i don’t mean to sound like they didn’t “care” about BL2
but i just feel like, i dunno, “time” wise, it seems like, as this would be their “new” thing, it might get a bit more attention to some patches like this

but, again,honestly, it’s a gamble at this point, it really could 50/50 go either way with how they want to deal with this game and “bugs” that they’d rather leave as “functionality”
or, as below states, it could just be intended internally, and we just don’t have enough official information about it

so…
you’re… also assuming, then…?

to be fair, i haven’t been following any of this, like, at all

i’ve just been playing the game, and haven’t touched the forums/reddit/ done anything of that nature, until, well, a few hours ago, when i first turned the forums on to look up information involving elemental DoT stacking, until i saw this thread, and figured it was well-put-together enough to bother replying

i mean, either way, as i state above, i’m fine whether or not they decide to keep it or not

i really don’t mind if this is how it’s all supposed to be

i understand if that’s their viewpoint, and they’re free to make the game how they want, balance and otherwise

i do just wish there were some official clarifications, unless i’ve missed some, since, again, haven’t done much digging for it, myself, as of yet

It’s been that way in demos before the final build a while back that was streamed and talked about heavily. They surely would have fixed it before the final game released with all the complaints if it was a “bug”.

The purpose of phasecast is burst damage and the capstone works perfectly in doing that.

I tested some boss fight stuff. While phasegrasp does do damage to enemies that it won’t affect, it’s not worth to take even with 5 points in Do Harm and 99 stacks. That is, unless you take Fist Over Matter and are able to utilize it well, which you can only do in some boss fights like Troy. Even in situations where you can link a bunch of mobs to a boss and do a decent chunk to their HP for using an action skill, it can’t really happen often enough to warrant taking Ties That Bind into a major boss fight.

Phasecast/reverberation are gonna be the way to go

Added more about preferred gear, mostly shields. If anyone has other ideas for gear, feel free to post them!

Sorry but I was wondering about the DH skill. Phasegrasp doesn’t do damage directly unless the target is immune so how is DH needed? Is the linked damage counted as action skill damage?

I understand that you get 99 stacks of DH from consuming rush stacks but how is that helpful unless the target is immune?

DH affects the linked damage, yes! Essentially amplifies it

1 Like

I see thanks, But is Laid Bare still activated on the one you’re grasping or only the linked ones?

It activates on each linked enemy, but since they all share damage, it affects all of them, thus increases your damage based on how many enemies are tied in

1 Like

Omg I understand that’s so broken.

Uhh pretty big edit here. Restless does basically nothing and gives us 5 more points to play with, and only 3 of those 5 will be any kind of useful for the most part.

Redid the boss skill tree. It’s now split into 2 and it’s much better than before.

While speccing myself for single target damage, I was thinking to myself “Hey, why do we go down the FoTE tree anyways? It makes us take a bunch of garbage. And I was like Wow, that’s a good point. Thanks, me.” So I went down the Brawl tree a bit. Looks a lot nicer.

I like your recent updates. The build is now way more fleshed out and optimised. I can probably ditch my guide now. Keep it up. :+1:

One thing to note, even though CDR has diminishing returns depending on your point of view it still does something for us. It doesn’t reduce our cooldown by 25% straight but you’re still able to use your AS 25% more often in prolonged fights. The wording is the important part.

From what testing I did (and I do have a 7% reduction from guardian ranks of that makes a difference in numbers other people would get)

And also a 31% cooldown reduction on my phasezerker mod:

Phasecast w/ no skill points or mod (so just guardian rank at work here) -23.5 seconds

phasecast w/ my phasezerker mod (remember 31% cooldown buff on it) - 19 seconds

Phasecast w/ avatar and the buff s from mod-
14 seconds

Phasecast w/ avatar and buffs from mod and restless - 13 seconds

Now here is the tricky part for some reason cooldown on your relic seemed to give more than restless. I had a relic with 20% cooldown so removed restless from the above test and replaced it with that and it was now 11 seconds.

Then as one final test I added restless back along with the relic and everything else and the cooldown dropped another second to 10.

1 Like

This part is somewhat misleading. You could read it as if Laid Bare would apply to the target you’re currently shooting as well which isn’t the case.
Unless you factor in Indiscriminate but that would require further testing.

So I want to test that later today actually because I found something a little strange.

Soul sap does in fact proc when you grasp a lone enemy. And if that’s the case, shouldn’t Laid Bare also apply?

I ran some tests with just Soul Sap and Laid Bare and neither of those skills did apply to the grasped enemy if you shoot just that one. The grasped target always took the same amount of damage (minus the loss in gun damage from decaying Phasezerker stacks) and when grasped just one non-grasp-immune target with no linked enemies nearby there was no healing. Don’t forget to respec because otherwise you’ll obviously gain healing from Sustainment (I made this mistake once and had to redo all of my testings because of this oversight :smiley: ).

Ahh! I didnt expect the same type of orb to come from sustainment. Really, I didnt expect any orb at for it but that makes sense. Thanks!

You might also want to rethink the 5 points in Wildfire. Instead, 1 point in Wildfire and another one in Catharsis (or 2 in Wildfire instead) is enough to progress further down the tree. Both skills do barely anything anyway. The remaining 3 points are worth a lot more if spend in Steady Hand. More stable shooting and easier crits translates into a lot of additional damage. Missing just one crit due to recoil or inaccurate weapons will lose you tremendous amounts of overall single target but also AoE damage.