Original question :
I’m wondering what you guys are doing about choosing elemental weapons and relics on Digisctruct Peak? On my runs, I’ve found that corrosive weapons and BoA work consistently better on all foes, even those that fire should be better on. On most of the Youtube vids I’ve seen, many are switching fire to flesh / corrosive to armour ; but iirc, people here are referring to using corrosive only.
Several very interesting things came of the following thread.
The first test that was done regarding this was this here, albeit with a slightly misleading title :
The short version of the Peak based on the linked post (which I recommend reading first as it contains better testing) , some of my own testing and those who have reported in this thread is that fire, while perfectly effective on most “digi-flesh” (except Scorch/fire spiderants), is mostly impractical as most maps are mixed with robots. The general practice is to go full corrosive, since it’s the most consistent and one doesn’t need to swap out gear constantly.
- Flesh is “neutral” : no specific resistances or weaknesses.
- The exception is any spiderant : they are resistant to all elements to varying degrees ( most to corrosive / least to shock and fire - see the test for better into ) on non-crit locations (head) ; but neutral in crit locations ( thorax ).
- Loaders have some bizarre resistance to shock with body shots ( but not their shields ). This requires more testing. Otherwise weak to corrosive as per the norm. The “eye” crit however is neutral ( shock, corrosive and fire are all equal).
- Dukino’s Mom is neutral ( not weak to corrosive as she is in Lynchwood ).
- The Assassins follow their regular resistances ( Oney to explosive / Wot to shock )
Based on my runs with Krieg (which is not a reliable comparator ) , explosive seems to be consistent across the board with the exception of Oney.
I personally go corrosive for all but spiderants , when I go shock.
My Krieg runs were almost exclusively explosive.
My Gaige runs were corrosive on mixed maps, OMG & Saturn ; and shock only for D’s Mom, Scorch, Black Queen & Assassins ( note : Wot was not an issue for her all shock LBT load-out w/ 250 stacks ).
NOTE - IF YOUR MOST EFFECTIVE GUN IS FIRE, USE IT! Just not on Scorch or robots of course.
If any of this is inaccurate or requires expansion please let me know.