Embarrassing moments with only yourself to blame

so im at the story part where you have to damage 3 loaders to get the gate open on UVHM, i “back” walk off the cliff around the same spot trying to deal with level 70 plus loaders and such, not once, not twice, not even 3 times, i walk backwards off the f’n cliff 4 times, i really hated my life right then, lol

Welp, now I can join the club. Where’s my hat they give to new members? :P.

1 Like

All of mine start off the same way…

…I log on to PSN.

It always downhill from there. :wink:

3 Likes

Now this moment I have I only have myself to blame but I died…to the beginning bullymongs. I just wasn’t watching health and they knocked me down, alright simple enough it’s embarrassing they knocked me down but I’ll just kill them to stand up again.

Nope. They were being ■■■■■■■■ lol and as soon as they knocked me down they just backed away from me until I died. (so not only did they knock me down, they killed me aswell.) uggggggh it’s gonna be one of THOSE playthroughs isn’t it. That ran through my head as I was respawning back to Claptrap’s place.

That moment will always haunt me, that I died to the easiest and first enemies in the game.

Killed myself …again…with a StormFront…again.
You’d think I would know better, but alas…the obsidian chunk that
serves as my grey matter seems impenetrable to that which some folks
call “learning stuff”.

Which goes to show, no matter how awesome you think you are…you probably aren’t.

That…and I think I swallowed a contact lens today.
Don’t worry though…it wasn’t mine. :wink:

1 Like

[quote=“Cody2Hottie, post:396, topic:77214, full:true”]
Now this moment I have I only have myself to blame but I died…to the beginning bullymongs. I just wasn’t watching health and they knocked me down, alright simple enough it’s embarrassing they knocked me down but I’ll just kill them to stand up again.

Nope. They were being ■■■■■■■■ lol and as soon as they knocked me down they just backed away from me until I died. (so not only did they knock me down, they killed me aswell.)</font color> uggggggh it’s gonna be one of THOSE playthroughs isn’t it. That ran through my head as I was respawning back to Claptrap’s place.

That moment will always haunt me, that I died to the easiest and first enemies in the game.
[/quote]BT/DT. Wrote about that here: Things the AI has done to piss you off

Old story – somebody dropped me a Sawbar, and I nearly made an epic read fail. I thought somebody gave me a hacked Sawbar because the only thing I read off it clearly was 1</font color>. If not for a second look at it while selling other stuff a short bit later, I’d have abandoned an OP1 Sawbar</font color>.

Lesson learned: Fully process/understand what you’re about to sell.</font color>

Got a new one for ya – Krieg (with a blue Flesh Crunch mod) throwing a Homing Bonus Package (0.0 fuse time) in Frostburn Canyon. Blazing Spiderant burrows underground just before I throw it, so it wanders aimlessly. I enter the caves from the other entrance nearest the Lascaux so that I can do exactly that – only to see the Homing BP heading straight for me…

2 Likes

Can’t explain how often I’ve thrown a homing something, to have the creature I’m aiming for die by one of my comrades, and I’m sitting there in a corner, anxiously listening to the beeping sound around me.

1 Like

[quote=“Giuvito, post:401, topic:77214, full:true”]
Can’t explain how often I’ve thrown a homing something, to have the creature I’m aiming for die by one of my comrades, and I’m sitting there in a corner, anxiously listening to the beeping sound around me.
[/quote]~sigh~ I gotta go get myself a Sticky Homing BP. Also, I think I gotta shift those Embrace the Pain points into Empty the Rage, even if I’m not using it.

I feel as though this counts.

Playing Digistruct with the Missus and friends. We’re at (Binary). Trying to tell them to concentrate on his critical spot.

Start screaming; “HIT HIM IN THE D—”. Elderly couple walking by our home (who walks their Lab on a daily basis) is staring in to the house with their jaw open. I must’ve said it like 10 times. They have no idea what the context was.

I doubt they were out there like;

“He must’ve been trying to get some massive damage.”

Doubt I’m going to be invited to any of their upcoming events.

The two of us just moved there too.

6 Likes

You can type out dick here :P.

Whaaat? Nooo.

Dick is allowed? I would’ve been saying it all along.

New Embarrassing Moment;

I was on my BL forum, telling everyone about an embarrassing moment, and I began self-censoring, like a dick.

For awhile it was censored, then someone made the argument that Dick could be used in the context of someone’s name. Now it’s uncensored :P.

Ahh, but that is just a measure of the word out of context. Watch us get in trouble cause of the context.

@Kitty_Jo shooting us down would bring this story full circle towards ‘embarrassing moments with only myself to blame’ for me.

4 Likes

LMAO!

I have a somewhat similar story, though not while playing a video game.
A friend of mine (rip) & I used to box bees ( yes, as stupid as it sounds ).

We are/were huge fans of Bruce Lee and prone to being somewhat…let’s call it “expressive”.

One day, on a beautiful Sunday afternoon, there were a cluster of bees outside of his newly
purchased home in a quiet, residential neighborhood.

We looked at each other ( as we did often ) and knew exactly what the other was thinking.

“HEEEEE-CHAAAWWWWWWWWW”…EPIC KUNG-FU BATTLE OF EPICTUDE ENSUES!

After a few minutes of wildly chopping, jumping and kicking, out of breath and laughing our heads off…we look up to see a couple with small children staring at us in horror from across the street.
The second my friend made eye contact with them, they began to scurry away into their house, in what I can only assume was sheer terror at the nutters across the way. Realizing their misinterpretration of our behavior, my friend yelled at them ( which certainly must have put them at ease, lol )…“HEY! HEY! WE’RE NOT CRAZY! YOU CAN’T SEE THE BEES! YOU…CAN’T…SEE…THE BEES!”.

And from then on after, anything taken out of context was forever referred to as " hey bro, they can’t see the bees".

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Because of this, commemorative T-Shirts will be made

DICK IS ALLOWED!

I will honor this moment all around town.
They will appreciate it.

2 Likes

Hahahahaha.

I genuinely got a hearty laugh from that story.

You could’ve just said that you were trying some sick freestyle dance moves. You could’ve been like, “You’re just not on this yet, it is off the rip.”

(Also, my condolences mate. Sounds like he was a great guy.)

1 Like

Good! It’s hilarious, in hindsight. …and made us seem even crazier, him screaming “YOU CAN’T SEE THE BEES!” Sane person behavior, for sure. :wink:

Thanks. It’s been a few years, so I just miss the crazy bugger. The rare friend that truly brings out the best and most creative in you ( hopefully, each other ). The scars are healed, but much appreciated.

1 Like

I also have an embarrassing moment from HERE that I need to come clean about.

It has happened a few times.

Every now and then, I like a post so much…I try to ReTweet it!